Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Lava Flow Inn San Diego, , CA (home-bar)

Pages: 1 2 92 replies

J

On 2010-10-11 21:50, Unga Bunga wrote:
Matt's been holdin' out on us!

There's a pun in there somewhere...

If only they were there every day.

GO MATT!!!! :D

Some well deserved attention.

Thanks.
Unfortunately the place usually looks like this...

which is more of a sausagefest.
Good friends Max (Widows) and Mitch (No Knife) in the galley area, and my striped shoulder.

MR

Here are a couple new pics from last weekends poker tournament for charity. We raised $3000 for foster kids!

In the heat of battle.

Yuckin' it up with old friends.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for sharing those photos are smokin with the blonds had my lava flowin

You're welcome.

For those of you just getting your bars started it is important to establish some rules.

You'd be amazed at how willing people are to follow them as long as they are posted in plain sight.

Those are too funny Matt! :lol:

On 2011-03-10 16:01, MadDogMike wrote:
Those are too funny Matt! :lol:

Funny now. Not when you are the one in violation. :)

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2011-03-10 16:41 ]

Hahaha This isn't a bad idea! We must have the same group of friends. :)

I like!!!!

T

What's the fine for putting recycleables in the trash?

Pretty sure trash is actually pulled from the recycling.

B

Hey Matt, Thanks for the grand tour today...the spread rocks hard!

Babs

MR

You are most certainly welcome. Good to have you over.

Ha Ha Ha! Love the fine list.
great looking bar! Congrats.

Just wanted to bump my own thread and ask the people that are attending the home bar crawl to do what I never seem to be able to do... get some recent shots of my bar to post on here. Can't wait to see everyone. Got a special bartender lined up for the crawl.

A

On 2012-02-17 13:33, Matt Reese wrote:
Just wanted to bump my own thread and ask the people that are attending the home bar crawl to do what I never seem to be able to do... get some recent shots of my bar to post on here. Can't wait to see everyone. Got a special bartender lined up for the crawl.

Considering your place is the last one on the tour, those should be some priceless photos.

This is just awesome!!!!! What more can I say. Great collection of tiki stuff too. Hat off to you bra.

MH

On 2012-02-17 13:33, Matt Reese wrote:

Definitely looking forward to the home crawl next month. I can't wait to see everyone's bars. But mostly, looking forward to meeting everyone and making some new local friends (how elementary school was that for ya!?). Your bar is amazing and I'm sure I will personally be taking lots of photos to share.

Q

Just checked out the thread from start to finish.... Dude, this place is ROCKIN'!
Congratulations on an amazing job putting this together. Very inspirational!

You may have some folks "crawling" in that don't make it out anytime soon. :)

Aloha!

Ha! thanks for the kind words. The place has changed so much since this thread started. I always promise new pics and then life gets in the way. Hopefully the crawlers can handle it and do a fair job.

I'd also like to point out that I have never managed to post any night time pictures on here. This upcoming crawl should remedy that (I hope).

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

I was so happy to get to see this place in person during the home crawl--the pics on this thread do not do it justice. It is AMAZING.

Great job Matt! I love the detail ansd all the stuff to look at. inside/outside, well done

Amy

Hoping someone will post pics from the home crawl. Anybody??

Ditto!

MR

Got some new pics. Thought I'd share since I haven't been real active on here lately. Time to start picking up the Tiki pace!!

Rare view from behind the bar.

Thanks for looking. Please note that none of this would be possible without so many fabulous TCers and The Nebenkanoozers.
Best bunch of peeps anywhere.

Looks like an adventure to be had. Really love your place and the whole vibe!!!

The place screams fun, Matt, do you let the kids play there?
or is it "Adults" only, I wish I had a yard to do some fun areas.

MR

Kids are almost always welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

Hey Matt, your place looks so cool! Wats the cut off age for kids? We wanna go!
David and CeCe

Love it Matt, good to see you here. Some of those photos look like old postcard shots.

M

Lookin good buddy.

T

Dig it. Matt, looks awesome, and great meeting you the other night at Bali Hai. Derek, you too. Hope to check out both of your pads in person one of these days....

MR

I WILL BARBECUE MORE BEFORE THE SUMMER ENDS!!! THIS I SWEAR!! Hamming it up in the barbecue area.

How is everyone else's Tiki cooking area shaping up?

PP

I was just down in your neck of the woods this last weekend, always love your pics, Im busy working on my BBQ pit too, glad summer is almost over now it will be cool enough to go into my garage again!!!
keep up the awesome work and more pix please!!!

A friend did a neat panorama shot the other day. Thought I'd share

Love it!

Whenever we have events we usually have two of my favorite DJs/Finkniks spin tunes: Mikey Ratt and Dave Warshaw!
So instead of the usual ez-up, I decided to build them a place all their own.
Presenting "The Haunted DJ Booth".
What strange sounds will emit from this dilapidated dwelling?

Another view

Someone must have tried to ship a corpse!

For some reason it makes people shrink

Still plenty more to do, but you get the idea.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2015-02-22 21:14 ]

Too much Matt! Keep the pix coming.
David and CeCe

Thanks guys. Finally realized that it is easier to build stuff with scraps and finds than try and keep planting plants. So I figure I'll cover as much surface area as I can with huts, booths, lanais etc. until the place is out of room.

Quick vid of Creepxotica killing it at The Lava Flow Inn.
https://youtu.be/7zjKiyNhfgA
Enjoy.

Pages: 1 2 92 replies