Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Why Pushing Daisies Will Be Canceled

Pages: 1 2 63 replies

N

There's at least 3 of us freaks here. Pushing Daisies is the only show that matters to me.

...PENIS!!!

N

...my smile vibrating the veneer off the kitchen cabinets...

J

What I would like to see is for the show to evolve a little bit. Is it going to be a regular, weekly occurence that one or both of Chuck's aunts (or real mother & aunt) come into the Pie Hole and Chuck has to quickly hide so that they don't find out that she has come back to life? That is getting tiresome. I'm ready for Chuck to to tell them she's alive already! If they are depressed, wouldn't telling them she's still alive help? Yeah, sure, it will be a shock at first, but I think after the initial shock has subsided, they'll be glad to know she's alive.

That's interesting. I, too, an weary of the "Chuck sliding over the counter just in the nick of time" scenario, but I'm just as happy to drop the almost meeting (than getting that secret out in the open) and move onto to other things.

I'm also crazed that you (Kate) and I didn't get to dish in person about Pushing Daisies. How did that happen?!

Well, the unravelling has begun.

Great twisted mystery tonight. I never suspected it.

I think maybe now that Chuck knows her real mum it'll help her some clean to her aunts? Did Olive's prayers-in-payment to Emmerson increase the chance of his daughter being found?

T
twitch posted on Sun, Nov 2, 2008 8:56 PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/daisies/

Expensive show. 23,000+ sig's already, so sign up!

[ Edited by: twitch 2008-11-02 20:57 ]

On 2008-11-02 20:56, twitch wrote:
http://www.petitiononline.com/daisies/

Expensive show. 23,000+ sig's already, so sign up!

Done!

Ack! Pre-empted this week by my other favorite ABC show, DwtS, which is being pre-empted tomorrow by election coverage.

Two whole weeks without it...

Today is THE DAY!!!!

:D

T

Cancelled. :(

For those of you who remain loyal and true to this show:

The first of three previously unaired episodes will be shown tonight at 10 pm.

Wow! It's 9:52, found this just in time! Thanks Tiki Kate!

W

And from the ashes...

The 2009 Emmy for Outstanding Art Direction for a Single-Camera Series went to...

Pushing Daisies...Michael Wylie, Production Designer; Ken Creber, Art Director; Halina Siwolop, Set Decorator

(Also I think some actress may have won something.)

Sorry to re-open old wounds. Just finished the whole series in about 10 days courtesy of Netflix. No, I can't believe it got cancelled.

Anyway--I don't know who else to ask so here goes:

Why Do Vivian and Lilly have the same last name as Chuck and her father, Charles Charles? I mean, who's sister are they supposed to be--Chuck's father or Chuck's mother? Lilly and Vivian were named Charles before they met Chuck's future father--right? Is their name being Charles a silly co-incedence? (Cuz that's dumb!)

On 2010-09-17 11:10, pappythesailor wrote:
Anyway--I don't know who else to ask so here goes:

Why Do Vivian and Lilly have the same last name as Chuck and her father, Charles Charles? I mean, who's sister are they supposed to be--Chuck's father or Chuck's mother? Lilly and Vivian were named Charles before they met Chuck's future father--right? Is their name being Charles a silly co-incedence? (Cuz that's dumb!)

Vivian & Lilly are supposed to be Chuck's mother's sisters, because otherwise the fact that Lilly (or was it Viv) is actually Chuck's mother (if they were her father's sisters) would be an incestuous relationship. But then again, if she is Chuck's mother & there never actually was 'another' Chuck's mother, maybe they could use any name they wanted... but yeah, confusing!

Pages: 1 2 63 replies