Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

san diego december chop, saturday the 15th final details!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 124 replies

M
mieko posted on Thu, Nov 29, 2007 2:09 PM

On 2007-11-28 19:26, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I'll be carving SMALL in December. :)

Yay Kate!! Don't forget to wear some gloves! :)

Mieko

B

So, I hear tell that I am going to miss the big car wash! What's up with that sh*t? How come nobody told me? I would have canceled my trip!

good lord, I may have to break my rule of not washing my work truck and have it um scrubbed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I thought Buzzy was going to be the official car washer at the event.

B

Uhhhh...how come Buzzy gets to wash the cars with the shop girls?

Tell you what Buzz Master, you take my spot and fly to London (expenses paid), and I'll hang here and take over for you. You don't really want to work all day washing cars, do ya man? That's some hard work bro! Let Babalu help you out....yeah, yeah, I know I'm giving up quite alot, but your my homie, dude...I got's your back.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Nov 29, 2007 7:27 PM

I'm generously donating my car to be washed.

Take as long as you want with it.

Hey, you missed a spot!

LT

Mine needs a polish and wax. 8)

B

Hang on for just a minute! What car wash? Yikes! WTF!!

My primered truck will be really dirty when I get home.......REALLY dirty. They can scrub it until the primer shines, man.

hey can i chop under someones easy up at this event? looking at the wether in SD lately its either going to be raining, or very sunny. hopefully sun over rain

T

I'll be bringing one, no worries mate.

Yo Tbird, thanks for bringing the pop up. I haven't seen those Hot rod dudes to ask about the vending of your car parts yet. Seems they keep rock star hours...
I am still trying to see if there are any other bands playing too.

On saturday morning, we are going to line these warehouse walls with tiki huts and pop ups. Our carving and vending area will start next to that door on the far left, and continue on for about 4 more spaces past the last one seen on the right. These will be facing hot rod surf and the main area where the party will be.

The closed door is TikiLand, and the open one is the warehouse, site of the one time only open to the public wholesale warehouse sale. They are also going to raffle off stuff every half hour all day.

Is everybody ready?

Buzzy Out!

C

man, this event is going to be great...I'm bummed I'm going to miss it..sell some shiiiiiat!

I have tools, ideas, and palm logs, but have never carved a tiki. Is this chop open to woeful wannabes?

On 2007-12-04 11:32, griffithpark wrote:
I have tools, ideas, and palm logs, but have never carved a tiki. Is this chop open to woeful wannabes?

Absolutely. All are welcome. There should be plenty of folks on hand to help get you started.

TG

Hey Clysdalle! I'm from Carlsbad originally, but long in the Bay Area. My Dad is still in c'bad though...he lives on Lanikai Lane off Hwy 101 (across from S. carlsbad State Beach) - you know it? That place is covered in Tikis! I should tell him about you -your stuff is pretty cool!

C

hey Glam...I know the street but I've never gone down it...I'll have to check it out this weekend!

Clysdalle: Stop frontin' dude... You live in Lude-cadia!

You can see two residential units, ok mobile homes, from the 101 that have tikied exteriors. Both are on the north end of the park. One has a big old Maori carving you can see from 101 and another has a buch of tikis and masks and crap.
Go Ponto!

Buzzy Out!

Clysdalle: Stop frontin' dude...

WORD.

C

but I'm originally from the rough and tumble streets of C-Bad.....well the last 2 years anyway....now I'm down in the L-town but I still rep my old hood.

on a side note playa...I have a present for you next time we cross paths...another addition to the world of Buzz technology center...

Hells yeah!
Word.

C

Bring out da ho's it's a gansta paaaaaty

gansta?
your game is leakin...

C

No it's not....gansta is missin the "G" because I'm the only "O" and "G" up in this plizzace

yer straight up trippin Jeeves!

Check in time people!

Can I get a Holla' Up from all those choppers who are planning on attending and/or vending please? We need to see how much space we'll need.

Thank You
Buzzy

M
mieko posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2007 8:54 PM

I'll be there to carve and to sell some stuff. Is there going to be electricity available? If so I have some decoration for my table. :)

Z
Zaya posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2007 11:33 PM

Yes, electricity would be nice. :)

T

The Bird & son will be there with pop-up in tow.

T

I'll be there. Just carving.

B
Bowana posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2007 7:20 AM

I'll be there just slacking.

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2007 7:22 AM

That means Bowana will be carving an oak tree.

cannibal pops and i are in, plus a pop up.

Me and my pop up are in.

Me and my truck will be there vending and carving. I'll be getting there as early as I can to help set up and steal a good spot, because I'll be carving like a muthafukka all day........plus, I have to keep my truck near to where I am. H20Tiki will be there as well. He gets back from China, Hawaii, Seattle, and Portland on the 11th.

Hi, Buzzy I will be there carving only for a few hours. Hopefully, there will be a spot. I could chop on the back of Billy's truck if needed. Just kiddin. =)

[ Edited by: tikimanalex 2007-12-09 12:09 ]

So here's the list of participants so far:
Mieko-vending
Zaya
Tbird and son
Tiki-Kate
Bowana-vending
Cammo-vending
Cannibal Sam
Cannibal Pops
4wd-vending
Billy The Crud-vending
H20
Tikimanlex
Buzzy-vending
GriffithPark
Tiki Thomas
TikiJosh
Big Richard-vending

How about CheekyGirl ?

Billy: When you say you need to be "close" to your truck, you mean like you can walk to it "close", right? I don't think we'll be able to have it in the parking lot because we have a lot carvers in our space.

Random news:
L+L is not our food supplier anymore. We got a much better deal from someone else

If anyone asks, we can take credit cards for our stuff.

We will have electricity, but bring an extension cord.

No power tools.

More info shortly...
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-09 12:59 ]

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-09 13:00 ]

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-09 17:30 ]

H

Buzzy, CheekyGirl and I both can't make it this time. :(

Hey Buzzy, as long as I can pull up and unload and then keep it close, I'm good. I'll be getting some estimates for trade-work while I'm there, so it can't be too far away. I'll be there early to help out, too.

...and if anybody has the energy left after pitchin all your goods on Saturday...come up and get get some damn culture! and then then come see some art! :wink:

Yes, I will be marketing my very first pendant at your event, Clyde. Buzzy left a floater in the toilet the last time I was over and I made a little man out of it and cast it into 50 pendants. These will be available at $1150. each and all proceeds go to cure fecalphelia and it's accompanying disorders. Or I'll just keep it.

B

Greetings from the UK Choppers! Just kickin it with the Queen...Freakin cold here! Bummed I'm going to miss out!

Cammo, the display went over well!

Christmas wish: That every puppy has a home.

Peace, Love, and rock the pink!

Space Hippie

Rockin the pink here, babs.......gonna miss ya for Xmas. PM me for contacts in London.........Masonic daughters,man. Good people!!!

On 2007-12-10 11:09, Billy the Crud wrote:
Yes, I will be marketing my very first pendant at your event, Clyde. Buzzy left a floater in the toilet the last time I was over and I made a little man out of it and cast it into 50 pendants.

Wow. I'm surprised the "floatiki" was dry in time. I cannot wait to see it stained. It had some good grain in it.

I love fiber!
Buzzy Out!

I love fiber too!! That is why I take Metamucil once a day for regularity.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2007-12-11 10:12 ]

hey buzzy could you bring a second log for me? im bringing a friend who wants to try his hand at choppin. also would any one have a spare carvers mallet to lend my friend for the day? thanks

Hey Buzz,

Are you going to be doing Black Velvet Young Asian Boy Paintings too???

On 2007-12-11 18:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hey Buzz,
Are you going to be doing Black Velvet Young Asian Boy Paintings too???

I'm going to have to see Angelina Jolie does it, because I'm having trouble getting any agencies to take me seriously when I inquire about adopting some young asian boys to be my models. I'm surprised a single old white guy like me can't order up a couple shirtless 13 year olds from Cambodia to do some tastful posing. Thought they had a bunch of extras over there or something. Maybe I'll take a journey of discovery in Thailand and see if I can capture the essence of a young asian boy on velvet, because all I can get here are Chinese exchange student girls and a some Estonian mail order brides, and neither of those work well on black velvet.
And also,.... hang on, the FBI's at the door....

Buzzy

Pages: 1 2 3 124 replies