Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central say hello to Wilma

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

I came across Wilma about a year ago. She was looking pretty sad and neglected. Nobody had shown her any attention for quite some time. A little akward in appearance, her face to me seemed to somewhat resemble a Moai. I don't know, what do you think? She's got a real nice rack though, seems as if she's never really been ridden too hard. In fact, all things considered, she's as clean as a whistle but just needs a little tlc and a professional makeover. I decided that Wilma would some day be mine! I won her over and Wilma is my new squeeze! I am in love! Scroll down to check her out
Heading out next week to West Coast Customs to be pimped into our mobile Tiki Lounge on wheels is my new squeeze Wilma, formerly a GM 1956 Bread Delivery Truck.

:o This is gonna be good! 8)

T

She's a beauty. A nice rolling billboard if you go that route

WooHoo! Can't wait to see her :)

T

TIKIFARMOBILE !!!

Yea....Go Holden ! Isn't it amazing how the bunch of us still act like teenagers about certain stuff ?

I can't wait to see this.

Remember...when you're not blasting Frampton Comes Alive in this thing, put in the Tikiyaki Orchestra :)

1963 baby !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2007-11-29 18:19 ]

T

How well does the engine run??

P

The Crazed Mugs have dibs on the musical selections of Wilma.

It's all in the name. :wink:

Hello Wilma!

I hope...

they

treat...

you well.

Ooooh, Wilma looks fabulous....she is gonna be great all dolled up. You're gonna need a lot of paint to cover that much territory...have fun. :)

D

I call shot gun!

Great a moving party.....SoccerTiki and I cant drink any more...how do you expect drunken security gaurds to to keep the peace and their balance while in motion??

Just kidding I pretty swift on my feet even hammered......Soccer not so sure...Cant wait to see her in person!

Oh yeah!
Can't wait to see the process and the final thing.
A beauty!
I've always wanted an International Metro for the same reason.
Bon Voyage on your transformation.

Coruscate

Ben should do the inside!

What a fun project! Endless possibilities! A challenge to design the glass ware shelving so all stays intact. Also a challenge to style right, not tooo over the top "pop". I recommend getting design concept sketches done before going ahead...

Bigbro from his high horse :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-11-29 23:53 ]

Now Wilma girl, Don't let those men man handle you! They are gonna want to lift your rack, fix your flats & still expect you to keep them warm at night! You just hold tight to some of that stuff Mama gave you back when & if you got it? flaunt it girl! Us old broads will stick together!

TS

Wilma, and TikiFarm...Say Hello to Fred...He's kind of "Ghetto", being from the lower eastside n' all, but I'm sure he can make Wilmas BedRock!

YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOO!

haha, Actually, you should look into "Baggin" it...It changes the whole attitude(or altitude)...Maybe a section or chop on her would look good too...?

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2007-11-30 01:06 ]

C

a MaiTai mobile....YUMMMMMMMM!!!

Maybe have Jesse James turn it into a mobile Rum distillery?

Dean

Lets see some concept drawings!!!!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Nov 30, 2007 3:54 PM

Sweet, very nice condition for such an old commercial vehicle. :D Just dont 'pimp' it too much, pleeeasse, nice and tasteful poly pop only. Cant wait to see pics!

Sounds like another contest to me!!!

Congrats Holden. Endless possibilities... and she has great bones already. I can see her Moai characteristics already shining through. Do I hear a roadtrip to NorCal?

Aloha,
Myke

Holden, If you currently drive the "world's fastest tiki mug", then will Wilma be the "world's fastest tiki bar"????? Take pictures during the stages of "restikiation"!!!

K

Ha! I was just wondering the other day if Wilma was ever going to make her debut, and there she is!!!
Good luck Holden, I'm sure she will end up exactly as you planned!
K.

Very very cool ride Make Da Mug! Nice to see a pic of the dear ol 'girl. Maybe Little Lost Tiki can paint it in it's entirety on his lunch break. I am sure you already are havin' daysdreams of all the tiki goodness you can pull off.

She is in good hands.

Chongolio

P.SLooks like some comfy lodgin's as well for the weary traveler. heh!

Any relation to
Wilma Gonzalez?

Helloooooo Wilma!

Yabadabadoo!

Is Ben doing her interior?

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 2, 2007 12:09 PM

It'll end up having a Bamboo Ben sticker on the back bumper whether you want one or not.

Sweet ride Holden! Looks big enough to hold one or two of your big old Chimeneas that Maggie has been lusting after. Why not throw a couple in the back and drive 'em down to Tucson? We'll put you up AND show you a good time. Then we could mosaic the whole thing and make it so heavy you'll never be able to leave.

OK. I'd better stop now 'cos this is beginning to sound a little weird......

M&M

On 2007-11-30 22:25, Chongolio wrote:
Very very cool ride Make Da Mug! Nice to see a pic of the dear ol 'girl. Maybe Little Lost Tiki can paint it in it's entirety on his lunch break. I am sure you already are havin' daysdreams of all the tiki goodness you can pull off.

She is in good hands.

Chongolio

P.SLooks like some comfy lodgin's as well for the weary traveler. heh!

Yes, Yes Holden, Make sure there is a lil cot or bed & POTTY in there for Randy when he comes to visit all of us SWEET!! :D

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-12-05 13:43 ]

I understand falling in love with her face.
Here's Mine.
Laffo

C

Laffo,

That Ford Truck is suhwheeeeet!
She looks kinda naked, you need to add that custom Tiki-Hut-Camper pronto --not that I mind naked--it would be like adding stilletto heels.

Coruscate

Friggin Schweet Holden!
Can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out....
if you need any art stuff for it gimme a Hollah!
Welcome to the group Wilma!

AJ

Very cool Holden!! Make sure you don't hot rod around too much...you'll be sloshing the water out of the fishtanks in the back. Oh wait you said you're taking it to WCC, just do flat screen tv's in the bar and play dvds of swimming fish on the XBox 360. :wink:

TL

Welcome to the 'Ohana, Wilma!

Does our own tiki god Holden have that vision thing or what?!!

The guys from West Coast Customs finally came today to pick up Wilma. I spent a good portion of the morning wearing a respirator mask & cleaning the rat shit out of her. I got a handful of "before" shots of Wilma and then my camera died out. About 20 minutes ago, they loaded her up on the flatbed and then I realized I didn't get a photo of her being loaded & sent off for her makeover. I ran into the office, grabbed my camera, grabbed the batteries, loaded 'em in & got 1 final crappy shot of her on the main road below our office heading off to the freeway...

Bye Wilma!

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-01-15 17:20 ]

M

see ya soon Wilma!

Did you use a shop vac?

M

:lol:

Ah man I can't wait for this!

Now the big question is paint...Do you go with
A. Candies
B. Pearls
C. Metal Flake
D. All of the Above
????
Thats always a tough one.....

Don't forget the VonDutching.

Looking forward to seeing "Wilma's" full resto!
SOK

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2008-08-05 09:30 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jun 5, 2008 8:37 AM

Any updates?

On 2008-06-05 08:37, teaKEY wrote:
Any updates?

Ya!

Wuddup?

Nice to see our Mug purchases are funding such a worthwhile endeavor!

Now - as Ben said - what up?

are we gonna get to watch the build-out on TV?

Pages: 1 2 56 replies