Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 230 replies

CA

can i order one of those carving stands!! nice.... Mucho Bonito! Braaaaaok!

Ficus?!! I heard here in the east, Ficus is lame to carve. Wonder if it's different or not.

Gracias. I'll leave the drums to Buzz. It's a palm ashtray comish for a major smoker. Plenty of work left here. It'll sit on the porch and have either a tin or brass hammered bowl in the top w matching eyes. Either mahogany or redwood stain or a blend of both. What do you guys think? Ben?

Yes Al. Customized Burro's are our business and business ia a-boomin'! Just select your design style (Tahitian, NZ, Hawaiian, etc.) and we'll get on it ASAP. Specify height 18", 24" or 29". Burros are pre-pay and pick-up only.

Right now I'm finishing a long overdue 2-D project for Onatiki's, some microtangs for hand excercise, a micropng for an upcoming special event and my most used tools of the season...

Thanks for looking. Happy new year all.

The one with the painted face is just adorable! If I had a girlfriend THAT would be the perfect Christmas present for her to wear.

Aloha!

Marcus

awsome stuff!!! lovin your style !! cheerz!!

B

Yeah! Keep those Hands Strong and Pain free. Exercise and pills, works all the time. Nice stuffs Hank, Love seeing the knife work its wonders!.

Head Shrinker and me got hitched.

Here are a couple of pictures of us as pendants that HodadHank carved on a nude beach. Well, I don't really know if he carved them on a nude beach but, anyways...

I may have to sneak pictures of her cute little butt & heals when she's not looking.

Thanks for the awesome gift Hank.

Erik!!!!!
you gots hitched?
whaaaa?
really?

when did this happen?
What bout my humpbacked sister!?!?!?
she's gonna be FUMIN!
:)

cute lil penditos there Hanky!

You must not have seen your sister in the last week Kinny. Her back is as straight as an ironing board now. Shhhhh! Don't tell your sister I got married.

P

Hey bro, do you have any more pics of that little yellow surfboard behind some of your minis on page 5/6?

Been considering graphics for a custom board and that just blew me right outa my chair!

Very cool stuff man.

B

congrats Eric and Headshrinker, Took'ya long enuff?
Wow, haven't been around here for awhile, seems like it's beeen too long and see what I Missed.
COOL!

Hank, anything new you're working on?

S

Nice!

On 2010-06-02 17:34, 4WDtiki wrote:
Hank, anything new you're working on?

Um yes Bill... Our Collaboration! Inlayed abalone eyes still to come then back to Wild Bill for some more Billisms...

Holy SHIT! Just as I'd hoped, a direction I never would have gone! Awesome, Hank!
Can't wait to see it.

Very nice, Very nice.

Spectacular! Nice work!

B

Hank, I'm Really happy to see all this fancy detail and see it done so well! Seems like I've missed a few steps in your learning curve.
Great work!

-Thanks Wild Bill. I couldn't have done it without you. duh! I can't wait to see how it looks when I get it back to inlay the abalone!

-Thanks DW for taking a peek at my thread and the kind words.

-Thanks Lake. If you decide to crank out a hundred of these, please consider cutting me and Wild Bill in on a few of those sweet, sweet greenbacks!

-Thanks Ben for all the encouragment when I'm feeling achey and sluggish. Honestly, I know you are watching and that makes me work harder.

OK, Here's the hybrid @ The San Diego County Fair w/initial work completed on my half of this super-fun collaboration. Like Antoni Gaudi putting a facade on a Frank Lloyd Wright, notice how I totally fuck up Bill's signature mod elegance w/ crazy-ass traditional Maori detailing. Yep.

Back to Bill for now.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2010-06-20 21:11 ]

Great pic, Hank! And for the record, here's how it looked when I passed it over to the Hankster. You can barely tell he did anything!

It's back in my possession now, and I'll do some stain and burn action to it hopefully this week.

Great collaboration 4WD and Hank. Super piece of work!

Yeah, nice work there. Ya definitely have some confidence in your cohort! Should look awesome when all done.

L

Love the skills on your pattern design! Beautiful collaborative carving.

J.

S

Very nice you two! love the detail and that one-way pecker ouch!

H

Update @ Wild Bill's... Everyone seems quite impressed with my huge penis. Mahalo.

It's the talk of the town!

*** SOLD ***

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2011-09-21 12:24 ]

:)

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2011-04-14 16:02 ]

WOW! that is some awesome detail

This tiki will be at Mojave Oasis, come say Hi!

N

DAAANG!!! Very nice work gentlemen.

P

wow....very impressive detailing on that one...

very nice work..

TangaRojo - 22" Mexican fan palm.

A collaboration with Erik The Red for Mexican Themed Tiki Oasis. A Mezo-Marq carved mostly at San Diego State Fair. This tiki is available for only 2,520.18 Mexican pesos or $199.99 US.

El Corazon - 22" Mexican fan palm.

A collaboration with Erik The Red for Mexican Themed Tiki Oasis. A Mezo-Marq carved mostly at San Diego State Fair. This tiki is available for only 2,520.18 Mexican pesos or $199.99 US.

C
cy posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2011 1:00 PM

Like!

HANK'S BACK!!!!!

A
amate posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2011 3:12 PM

Nice stuff Hank. Post more often.

Thanks guys! It's always fun workin' w/Erik.

You and Erik combined are like......
BAM!!!!

Glad to see the work still flowing out of SD,buddy!

Hahaha... Thanks Kenny! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 230 replies