Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

CHOP with me in Oceanside - Saturday Jan 26

Pages: 1 2 86 replies

A man from Arizona dies and goes to hell. One of the main demons in hell says to another demon, "Hey! I've heard about these folks from Arizona, I wanna try something!" So the demon turns up the heat in hell a few notches. The man from Arizona dosen't sweat, but unbuttons one cuff on his long sleeve shirt. The demon is impressed but turns the heat up another few notches, but the man from Arizona only unbuttons the other cuff. "Hmm!" said the demon, "Lets try this!" and the demon turns the heat in hell ALL the way up! The man from Arizona reaches his collar and unbuttons the top button. The demon says "OK, how "bout THIS!" and turns the heat completely off in hell! The man from Arizona freaks out and yells "HEY!! Did the Cardinals win the Superbowl???"

There's your answer Cammo, Buzzy dosen't know what he's talking about! Star trek is lame, Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy! Whos goat are you trying to get today??

The Ram's owner Georgia Frontiere died. I know there is a lot of LA Folks that are still pissed for moving the Rams to St. Louis....a lot of tears haven't been shed here in LA for her.

And I think San Diego gave the Pats a good run for their money in the 1st half.

I have to give it up to the Giants, even though I think Eli is the biggest Cry Baby in the NFL.

Damn! It's raining here in LA -- supposed to rain in Oceanside as well.
I hope the weather clears before the chop!

Shit! The forecast as of today is for rain on Saturday. :x

KFMB news channel 8's meteorologist Matt Baylow just called for rain on Saturday afternoon...

I saw the ghost of Marty Schottenheimer on Sunday when the Chargers punted during the 4th quarter from the Pat's 34 yard line, with 6:36 left and down by two scores. Who cares about field position when you ask your defense to get a three and out anyway?
In my mind, the Chargers are the best team in the NFL because they beat the last team that won the superbowl, twice!

Are we going to start a what do we do if it rains discussion now?

Call me "Coach"!
Buzzy Out!

On 2008-01-21 18:55, 4WDtiki wrote:
Shit! The forecast as of today is for rain on Saturday. :x

we must watch the same channel

Nope, I watch John Coleman, Ch 9. :D

On 2008-01-21 18:57, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
KFMB news channel 8's meteorologist Matt Baylow just called for rain on Saturday afternoon...

Are we going to start a what do we do if it rains discussion now?

Yes, please.

On 2008-01-21 19:05, 4WDtiki wrote:
Nope, I watch John Coleman, Ch 9. :D

I will not change my plans until I hear from Loren Nancarrow and Sean Styles, then.

As of today Weather.Com indicated a 55% chance of light showers. I'm hoping for a break in the rain and clear skys.

Buzz, sometimes it's not the best Team that wins, it's the Team that plays the better game that day. But, I do have to hang my head in shame....SD beat Indy twice....errrr!

On 2008-01-22 11:41, CheekyGirl wrote:
As of today Weather.Com indicated a 55% chance of light showers. I'm hoping for a break in the rain and clear skys.

Buzz, sometimes it's not the best Team that wins, it's the Team that plays the better game that day. But, I do have to hang my head in shame....SD beat Indy twice....errrr!

Not the best team?????.........18 and 0 ladies! Hang those heads in tribute to the beast of the east!

you know im so sick of heering about who's team is better, we all know the best team hands down is the los angeles , umm ,wait oh yeah we dont have a team. boy this sucks oh well it could be worst we could still have the raiders playing here.

We interupt the football talk for this important message from the host:

The impending rains the next few days have the possibility of hosting the chop up in the air. I will make the decision Friday eve, or possibly Saturday morning, to have the chop or to call it off. Please check in to this thread for updates at that time!

Looks like I have to miss this one, I pulled the steering column out of my truck, repaired a few obvious items, tested it and the electrical problem is still there. No wiper, no driving, no chop for me till I fix it. You'll all have to pick on the Raiders without me.

M
mieko posted on Wed, Jan 23, 2008 9:20 PM

I have a backup offer for rain, my parents have volunteered their garage as a backup chop place if it gets too cold and wet at Bill's house. It's not huge, but it would be out of the rain, and would hold a handful of people. No power tools or chainsaws since it's semi indoors. It's reallllly close to Bill's house, so it's easy to move once we're there, or to change at the last minute.

If anyone needs my cell number let me know, if it's looking really bad Friday night, I'll send out the address, otherwise people can call me or we can have directions at Bill's.

Keeping my eye on the weather as of today 75% chance of rain.
Keepin my eye out for status on the chop as well.

Yeah, Sam, really sucks that LA doesn't have a football team. I miss my old Ram helmet. My brothers and I built a go-cart and we would wear the helmet.

I adopted the Colts as I lived in Indy for a number of years. What can I say, I'm an Indy fan, but damn the Pats 18-0 is really remarkable...and Brady is a hunk to boot.....

I like the back up plan proposal. I'm starting a new project that I just came up with on Sunday, and I can't wait to get going. Yes, I realize that I could just work on it at home, but it's so much more fun carving with you guys around.

Forecast is improving! Now they're calling for the rain to later afternoon or evening on Saturday.

I'm upping our chances to 70%. :D

Fabulous!

I think I may need a little chain saw assistance before I get started.

C

There ain't a cloud in the sky today, down here in Sunny San Diego.

Chunbah the Tiki God predicts a clear but windy day Saturday, much rain Sunday.

Get them chisels sharp.

One of these days, if we Chop at Buzzy's, we could cybercast the whole thang live!.....

Yup forecast for Oceanside is partly/cloudy to partly sunny skies until 6:00 pm.
Here in LA, no rain until 3:00 pm, but it's supposed to a real down pour!

Gee, I hate to disappoint, but I'm out. Have to do my yearly volunteer work tomorrow(I ALMOST got roped into it for next week-my birthday-as well), so I'm unavailable. Was going to have a house party on Feb 2nd, but neighbors suck. I'll keep you posted. Anyone into going out on Sat. Feb 2nd? We may just hit the Bali Hai or Mr. Tiki or something.

Okay, we are good to go tomorrow! I'm confident we'll have good weather for most if not all of the day, so come on down! 9AM or after. Food items welcomed. :) Pop-ups? I have one, Mieko has two?

B

Sorry guys...I'm a little "burnt" from the trip...plus I have 3 weekends worth of chores to tend to...

I'll be there bright and early with a cooler and the chocolate cookies. (Well, maybe not that early. It's been a really long week.)

Mieko - Did I leave my little Maori carving book at your house?

On 2008-01-24 19:48, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I like the back up plan proposal. I'm starting a new project that I just came up with on Sunday, and I can't wait to get going. Yes, I realize that I could just work on it at home, but it's so much more fun carving with you guys around.

I know what Kate is Karving.. :D 99% am I right? very Kool....

have fun pepo

On 2008-01-25 19:40, Hiphipahula wrote:
I know what Kate is Karving.. :D 99% am I right? very Kool....

You are correct. Now let's see if I can actually do it. :wink:

Hey kids,

I think I'm going to have to bail on tomorrow...I have to much crap that I need to get finished and I have Cirque ole that night...might try to swing in for a bit mid afternoon.....have a great chop kids!!!

I just can't seem to get going this morning. I'm heading out in about twenty minutes though. See you around 10ish.

B

Make sure you guys post a lot of pictures so us poor people who can't make it can see what we missed! DOH!

Chop awayyyyy!

B

test

Well, I couldn't make it down today, but hope you all had a good chop! I still can't drive my truck in the rain, but while the weather was sweet today I picked up this Kiln I bought.

Babs already knows I'm going to pick his brain, Cammo and Dave, you guys too!

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Jan 26, 2008 7:08 PM

NICE!

I knew you were hooked. Yer eyes were popping all the time Babs was pouring molds at his chop.

LOL, ya saw dat, huh?

Well, it was an excellent Chop. Sadly, most of us didn't have cameras. I know that Bob got a shot of Buzzy wearing all of his bling though.

I am now sporting an unsightly blister on my mallet hand. Serves me right for being such a slackass for the past couple of months.

Thanks again for hosting, Bill. (Tell Lennie that Tim Finn came over and shook my hand after the show last night, so now I don't feel quite so silly for going dressed as the poster girl for New Zealand.)

February 16th at Bill's again, right?

M
mieko posted on Sun, Jan 27, 2008 3:32 PM

It was a really great day. Thanks everyone.

16th isnt a good day for me, so I'll mention the 23rd as a possible date as well, although I could always just leave early on the 16th.

Mieko

Ok, troops! I missed a great chop, as usual, but I've got some good news......Grace and i will be buying another place in a couple of months, either over by Lake Murray, or over by Babs, but on the other side of the 125. Looking at two places and going to the open house for the one with the pool, tomorrow. Don't really want a pool.......too much overhead for me, man. We got sick of the condo life......we pay 300 per month in HOA fees, and can smell our scuzzbag neighbors cigarette smoke, coming through the walls........so bad that it makes me nauseous. Anyways, enough of that.....

Next Saturday night is my 36th and we're having dinner and drinks @ the Bali Hai. Everyone is invited, so if you're free that night, come over and join us, even if for one drink. Would be nice to see everyone, man........it's been two months!

Sorry guys, I had every intention of going, just had a couple of family things that needed tending to...
Damn, damn, damn.....

We missed you!

Pages: 1 2 86 replies