Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

TS

On 2012-01-06 13:04, Holiday1960 wrote:
Here is one I did for my neighbor Frank.

That's pretty kool. Is that an original of yours? Are you going to add color to it?

TS

Z

Here's my Mo Mo:

~Zero

My tiki kitties! This was the day after they were done!

[ Edited by: Tiki-kitty 2012-06-10 09:49 ]

B

Hey there...been on the site a few times, but finally decided to register and join the fun...figured i'd started by bumping an older thread with some great content...

I got this Tiki about 1 year ago from Jime Litwalk when he was at Massive Tattoo in LV. Hoping to add to it in the coming weeks; so many ideas right now, just trying to sort through them and develop some composition for the sleeve...

Thanks for looking...

KK

From the art of Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker, Tattoo artist Jeff Houston of Seattle.

Wow!!
That looks fantastic!!
Looks like some great work!!

This thread is worth viewing over and over again. Anyone ready to add to it? Wendy

S

S

Did this yesterday!!! Do not know how to rotate them? Enjoy!!!!

T

On 2013-01-30 20:21, Kai Koa wrote:
From the art of Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker, Tattoo artist Jeff Houston of Seattle.

That tattoo is positively stunning. I'm not really into tattoos, but if someone offered me that I'd consider it.

O
Otto posted on Sat, Jan 11, 2014 10:19 PM

does anyone watch "Bad Ink"?
Dirk has a somewhat lame Tiki shrine in his studio with common tiki carvings and mugs
http://www.poptower.com/bad-ink-tv-show-picture-121732.htm
some are kinda seen here

On 2014-01-11 22:19, Otto wrote:
does anyone watch "Bad Ink"?
Dirk has a somewhat lame Tiki shrine in his studio with common tiki carvings and mugs
http://www.poptower.com/bad-ink-tv-show-picture-121732.htm
some are kinda seen here

Dirk and Rukus are good friends with Moss who owns Frankie's Tiki Room. They shot the pilot
at Frankie's. You can see it in the background. I think the last time I was at Oasis, Rukus was there with Moss.

Maybe someone on TC will get a Tiki cover up on the show and toss in a couple Tiki Central plugs ??

My most recent tattoo is appx the size of a piece of paper and is on the front of my right thigh.
I was pretty stoked with how it turned out.

KK

KG

Tiki take on the classic "Man's Ruin" traditional piece...

Full permission from Tiki Tony.

Adding pix of my left forearm to this thread.
Tattoos by Greg James: @ Tattoos Deluxe in Studio City, CA

Difficult to photograph by myself! Should have shaved for the brown, outer forearm one, but you get the idea! The inside of the red Balinese demon's mouth is right on the elbow.

Nice work in this thread! Really like the composition of Tiki Slob's!

[ Edited by: rixzantis 2015-09-13 12:01 ]

Mom said we were Native American so I got a Dream Catcher/Medicine Wheel tattoo (In a shop at Hawaii no less).
Well, doing the Genealogy thing I find out the closest I got was Daniel Boone rescuing my 4th Great Grandmother from the Indians so without so much as one drop of Native I decided to go for a Cover-up.
At work we're always saying "Just another Lovely Day in Paradise" plus my fascination with all things Tropical that inspired me to go Tiki.

MangoManMike nice tattoos. It's great when they really mean something to you. I grew up being told I was 1/64th Cherokee Indian. I did the genetic check with 23andme and found that whatever Indian tribe I'm related to it all started with Indians of Russia who migrated here. Life is full of fun surprises. I know you'll enjoy showing your new artwork. Cheers, Wendy

TD

I just started my tiki tattoo last Friday. I hope you all like it. I will be going in for my first color session in a few weeks.

H

Nice, keep us posted.

I have a couple. There's three more on my back that complete the circle.

And these two, one is shown upside down but right side up, and one is shown right side up but upside down! Both are on the same arm.

wouzer !

S

here are mine - one's a tribute to Brad Parker artwork, the other (inside of same arm) is a shrunken head - working my way down doing a full tiki sleeve

S

my newest tat on forearm - this is start of what will be a wrap around whole arm - goes with the ones in post above

H

Love hula.

TD

It’s been a while, but I finally got around to starting color on my tiki tattoo!

First of many planned tiki tats!

On 2018-03-07 19:48, tiki dan wrote:
It’s been a while, but I finally got around to starting color on my tiki tattoo!

On 2018-03-11 11:16, TikAndDestroy wrote:
First of many planned tiki tats!

Nice!

KD

My mermaid from a drawing by my friend Rob Kramer:

I like the American traditional clipper ship design, but wondered what it would look like with a Hokulea type boat:

D
Danno posted on Wed, Aug 21, 2019 5:31 AM

Awesome work!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies