Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

Hey Holden
Like the pic,hurry up and get the rest finished so we can all see it!

On 2008-05-27 13:51, TIKIWAGON wrote:
Hey Holden
Like the pic,hurry up and get the rest finished so we can all see it!

Will-do. Here's a more accurate photo of the experience...

Doing a second round of highlighting over the shin bone... HURT LIKE HELL!!!

:lol:
OW! That sucks man!
At least you're getting some nice art on that shin-bone!
OWTCH!
kudos again Holden!

I got my left sleeve done by Manu over the last 2 days. Will post better photos when the swelling is down.

Jen

A sleeve in two days, you nutter :) thats dedeication.

Does my wahine count? All the tikis are on the other side!

w/ mai tai, steaming eggroll and fortune cookie.

K

as soon as i can figure out how to post pics, i'll throw a few i've done up here.

K

i had to get my wife to help me....
it's not done yet, but you get the idea :wink:

![](http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/sp00by/shannontiki2.jpg)

K

p.s: i did that.....that is NOT on me
i don't have any tiki tattoos yet, but i'm tryin to find some space first

I am planning on getting my first tattoo soon. Do they test you first to see if you are allergic to the dye....and how and where do they do that? I have so many allergies...I can just see it getting done and having a terrible reaction then having to get the appendage removed. :lol:

On 2008-06-18 11:37, VampiressRN wrote:
I am planning on getting my first tattoo soon. Do they test you first to see if you are allergic to the dye....and how and where do they do that? I have so many allergies...I can just see it getting done and having a terrible reaction then having to get the appendage removed. :lol:

There is no test to see if you are allergic to ink...from what I know, allergy to tattoo ink is very very rare. Some people report having allergic reactions to red ink, however, that reaction is usually nothing more than a little extra itching. I got my first tiki tattoo at the Ink N Iron festival...it turned out awesome, but I lost the charger to my camera! As soon as I get a new one I'll post it!

K

the most common problems happen with warm tones(ie. reds, browns, oranges), and as long as they aren't using cheap, crappy ink, you shouldn't have any issues. you CAN do a poke test to see if you react to it, but you'd also be unlikely to find someone who would be willing to use to cost of a needle and everything "just to see".....i'm simply being honest.
get it done, heal it up, you'll be stoked.

Thanks for the intel. :tiki:

Here are my two, done by Dirk at East Atlanta Tattoo..

Its not colored yet (flowers, lei, her skin, the tiki and some sand) and when its done I'll flip the the top photo! - whatcha think?

its on lower leg calf to shin

Color added in early august

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2008-08-14 21:07 ]

C

Dope son!

Awesome! Looks great from all angles!
I am starting on my hula/tiki sleeve once my horror sleeve is completed. Frankenstein and Tiki... my two favorites.

here's one i just did today..i think some peeps here will recognize this one ..thanks to Donella Vitale for letting me use her tiki mug to tattoo it

Anyone know of a source for temporary Tiki tattoos? I've only been able to find pirate ones. I'm a chicken around needles. I need to paste-on kind.

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jul 17, 2008 4:51 PM

sneakyjack-that is AWESOME!!! I don't know which is hotter the hula gal or the tiki but I do know they will both stay very kewl under that bitchin palm tree... 8) please post when you get color!

K
Kahu posted on Thu, Jul 17, 2008 5:33 PM

On 2008-07-17 16:33, kreepytiki lounge & tattoos wrote:
here's one i just did today..i think some peeps here will recognize this one ..thanks to Donella Vitale for letting me use her tiki mug to tattoo it

Nice work Jaksin.

I found these temporary tattoos they look decent.

On 2008-07-17 21:34, VampiressRN wrote:
I found these temporary tattoos they look decent.

Nothing says cool like a temporary tattoo eh!

Started out

now in color

this is in a past post too..

Done in NYC New York Hardcore Tattoo (artist tasha) Lower East side (Streets on Stanton near Essex)

S

Did the design for this a while ago and finally my tattooist had a vacancy.It will be coloured next week.I'll post a picture when it's done.

Here is my first tiki tattoo...I gotta get a few more!

M

My Lava Letch was looking a bit lonely so we gave him a club & he picked-up some new friends.

[ Edited by: makedamug 2008-11-05 16:35 ]

On 2008-11-05 16:32, MakeDaMug wrote:
My Lava Letch was looking a bit lonely so we gave him a club & he picked-up some new friends.

[ Edited by: makedamug 2008-11-05 16:35 ]

That's a great addition Holden! Really makes that bad boy complete.
Dave & Coalbe

I seem to recall that somebody on tiki central was getting the trader vic's menu cover tattooed on their arm, was that ever finished or did i just dream it?

On 2008-06-18 00:27, kiyosai wrote:
i had to get my wife to help me....
it's not done yet, but you get the idea :wink:

![](http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/sp00by/shannontiki2.jpg)

like the tattoo, very cool

L

My friend Jon Highland - owner of 12 Monkeys in Tracy, CA did this on me today as my Christmas present.

I wanted a hula girl leaning up against a tiki so he focused on the girl and shaded just a bit of the tiki in. We are planning on adding to it after it heals some so this is just the first step.

S

Took a bit longer than expected to get this finished,but it's finally done.Must say i'm very happy with it.

S

Wow, I love the colors. Must have taken forever.

F
fenrir posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2009 7:10 AM

Here's my tiki collection so far. All done by the same artist.

V

Did a search put this in the wrong place before.
This is the first Tiki Tat and the second is on my forearm but needs color and a better photo.

H

Here' one I drew for my buddy. Done a Cherry Blossum in Atascadero Ca.

great stuff there everybody.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

'bout half way there...

L

Oh yeah and I have this one too that I got for my parents. Just needs a touch up on some of the black but if you can't tell its a representation of my mom dragging my dad around :)

more color - almost there...

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:43 ]

its awesome to see so many tiki tattoos!!!
here's mine, no tiki on it, but it might be familiar to you?

speaking of tattoos, i'm itching to get a new one!- anyone from the bay area have any reccomendations (or places to avoid)- i'm new to the area and don't know where to turn!

B

If you are having any words or phrases done, be sure to not make the mistakes that the folks on this link did! Oh, be sure to check out the pencil sculptures too!

http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/vj/19636419/detail.html

Here is my Tiki Tattoo, had this done about 4 years ago, not the best pic (only one I could find)as the Tat goes all the way around my arm.

The Tiger was my first, maybe 10 years ago.

[ Edited by: Lightning Steve 2009-06-05 00:27 ]

[ Edited by: Lightning Steve 2009-06-05 00:28 ]

P
Pyro posted on Sun, Jun 21, 2009 9:53 PM

This is my tiki tattoo, done by Kevin Buckstrup at About Time Tattoo in NH. It isn't finished yet, and probably will remain that way for a long time as I live so very far from the artist (that's what I get for starting a tattoo while on tour). I have many other tattoos, but this is the only tiki one (so far).

Pyro, that looks great, where in NH is the shop?

P
Pyro posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 7:43 AM

Thanks Steve.

and About Time Tattoo is in South Nashua, NH.

[ Edited by: Pyro 2009-06-22 07:44 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies