Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

let's share them here!!! Here is mine:

my boyfriend is getting his tommorow! I want to see all of yours! hugs out~ tiki tinkie xoxo

I designed three for different people on TC. Honestly can't remember who though. I know there's a lot out there.

oh, I'd love to see them. I hope folks post some pics! My boyfriend got his today. here it is :)

both of our pieces were done at Jinx Proof Tattoo in Montclair NJ

T

I really love the TC Search feature. Here is thread full of tattoo's

Who Wants a Tiki Tattoo?

Always good to search lots of old threads on just about every topic you can think up!

Tikisgrl

Sure is fun to see all that tattoo artwork, thank you for sharing. Otto has one on the back of his leg that is so detailed it's great. But my friend Mike F. who was at Tiki Oasis 7 has his whole body done. Here are some photos. Hey Otto post yours on this thread too. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2008-01-17 19:26 ]

T

Wendy:
a) That deserves its own thread I think.
b) Is the WHOLE body tattooed, or just like the 98% that we can see?

Wow....that is some tiki dedication there.

I am going to a tatoo convention in March, so may get something like a hibiscus....who knows...maybe a tiki peering out of a whole flock of flowers...LOL

awesome! Oh how wonderful! Yes I was searching & searching to find an existing thread but as I am new here, it's hard to keep track of all that's going on! Can't wait to look at the pics in the thread you have given! Those tiki's on that guy there are quite awesome!! LOTS of hours of work involved there! hugs~ tink

Hi
Here is my new piece. I have my whole back pinstriped and to finish of the middle of the back I had a pinstriped tiki put in the middle, the guy that did my work is Randy Janson in San Diego, I also have designs on both legs, with a new arm piece to follow of hibiscus and tikis!
It's great to see all of the tattoos, great work!
Sue.

T

On 2008-01-17 21:25, VampiressRN wrote:

I am going to a tattoo convention in March, so may get something like a hibiscus....who knows...maybe a tiki peering out of a whole flock of flowers...LOL

Where are you gonna get the tattoo? Are you going to go ankle? arm? or unmentionable? I love the hula girls that move when you flex. Are you going for one of those but with a tiki in it?

Tikisgrl

T

On 2008-01-18 16:36, Tikisgrl wrote:

On 2008-01-17 21:25, VampiressRN wrote:

I am going to a tattoo convention in March, so may get something like a hibiscus....who knows...maybe a tiki peering out of a whole flock of flowers...LOL

Where are you gonna get the tattoo? Are you going to go ankle? arm? or unmentionable? I love the hula girls that move when you flex. Are you going for one of those but with a tiki in it?

Tikisgrl

Can you even get a hula girl that moves when you flex your unmentionables?

Tekoteko, Even though he is my friend I've not seen more of his body than is shown in the photos, sure looks like 98% to me. Wendy

T

On 2008-01-18 19:15, danlovestikis wrote:
Tekoteko, Even though he is my friend I've not seen more of his body than is shown in the photos, sure looks like 98% to me. Wendy

I can live with that answer.

LOVE the pinstriping tiki! very very cool. I will be getting a shag tiki piece next, I think! hugs~ tink xo

New hot rod tiki ink done today!!!! I am loving it!

Wow, I love that hot rod tiki tattoo. Who did the tattooing?

Great stuff.

B

Hi, THANKS! The hot rod tiki was done by Eric Newman of Jinx Proof Tattoo in Montclair NJ. He is a cartoonist master. The detail in the hot rod tiki is amazing. I was thrilled!!! hugs~ tink

Remember the song:

So we tanned his hyde when he died Clyde and that's it hanging on the shed.

Too much good art ends up buried, put the tanning in your will. Wendy

Good idea! lol! have a fun weekend~ hugs~ tink xo

J

Here is my only tattoo. Inspired by my 3 loves in life, Tiki, Cartoons & Family.

Heres the breakdown:

Tiki of Stitch from Disney's Lilo & Stitch

• I have a great love of cartoons and Disney. He is my favorite character, so he becomes a Tiki.

Paw Prints

• These represent Myself, my wife, son, & daughter. When they were 2&3 they would tell stories of our animal selves and this is what animals we were, Me: Bear, Wife: Wolf, Daughter: Cheetah, Son: Lion. I need to update this as I have a 8 mos old son, & another on the way, just don't know what it is yet!

And Finally, OHANA.

• Lilo & Stitch had the BEST definition for it.
    "Ohana means Family, & Family means nobody gets left behind."
B

Those are some sweet tikis. I got me one on my left calf, done by Matt Howse at spider murphys in San rafael ca

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2008 9:25 PM

This is a guy I met carving tikis at the hot rod nationals last year. Yes, that's his coupe.

ALL superb, folks! I love your ink! both tiki's and hot rods! 2 of my FAVE things in life :) I just created a tiki shrine (while my guy watched the Superbowl) here it is:

and here's my little tiki lounge

I need to take some better pics of it as it has Rat Fink bar stools and all :)

I have plans for more tiki ink and I thank you again for posting pics of all your glorious ink work!
Tiki hugs~ tink xoxo

Here's one for the shelf. I had this done by Watson Atkinson.

Just saw this thread for the first time today!
I KNOW there's a lotta TCer's out there with Tiki Tats-let's see em!
Our very own kingstiedye got this one done last year....
He bought the drawing and mentioned he was going to get a tat of it and BAM!
:)
What a Beauty!
Here's the Tat....

and here's the original!

T

Heres mine done by Henry Powell at 6 foot under . He works with Cory Miller from LA Ink.The original design had a terrible looking tiki so I drew the Garden Tiki from the Hanalei Hotel on it .

Absolutely awesome! Tiki Ink rules. Such a perfect subject for Ink don't you think? hugs~ tink

S

I am another tiki nut, here is one I just got in Oahu last week,

and this one I got in Oahu last March, he is shooting pool

[ Edited by: skillet 2008-03-16 08:44 ]

[ Edited by: skillet 2008-03-16 08:47 ]

Welcome to TC skillet....great tats!!!

If you don't feel like going under the needle, there's always this: http://www.costumes4less.com/groupdetail.asp?sku=df123

Those pieces you got in Oahu are amazing. love them!!!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Mar 17, 2008 5:40 PM

Souvenir of Rarotonga, in the beachcomber tradition. What makes it even cooler is that I was able to trade carvings I made for most of the value. Hopefully I will be adding to my collection by visiting more exotic destinations in the future!

Full story and detail pics here!

PS damn it's hard taking a photo of your right arm when you are right-handed! Self-timer for the win!

Here are our Tahitian Tiki Tattoos

T

I just got a new tattoo from Manu . He is here from Tahiti in Beverly Hills for a month . 2hrs to lay it out and 5 hrs needle time . I love his Marquesan designs . What do you think ?

C

Tiki Ray - that is truly beautiful new art you have on your leg!!!

On 2008-03-17 17:40, Paipo wrote:
Souvenir of Rarotonga, in the beachcomber tradition.

PS damn it's hard taking a photo of your right arm when you are right-handed! Self-timer for the win!

Paipo - I, too, got a tattoo from T on Rarotonga - just this past January, in fact. He does such beautiful work!!!!!!!, and I also love that every design is unique to the person - no chinese menu approach to his work!

You are SO right about the challenges of taking pictures with your left hand when your right is being worked on. I had to use my point & shoot - not the SLR to get a good one :) I managed to also not do too bad in getting a couple in progress shots:

Took about 1.5 hours - start to finish.

& a couple others just after it was complete:

P
Paipo posted on Mon, May 19, 2008 5:27 PM

Nice! I actually got my wife to take those pics I linked to of the "work in progress" - she did a pretty good job I think!
T is such a cool cat - I enjoyed hanging out with him and talking story just as much as getting my arm decorated. The life and culture of the islands is something else.
Have you got any pics of your trip posted up anywhere? I never tire of seeing images of Rarotonga....

C

On 2008-05-19 17:27, Paipo wrote:
Nice! I actually got my wife to take those pics I linked to of the "work in progress" - she did a pretty good job I think!
T is such a cool cat - I enjoyed hanging out with him and talking story just as much as getting my arm decorated. The life and culture of the islands is something else.
Have you got any pics of your trip posted up anywhere? I never tire of seeing images of Rarotonga....

My husband bugged out - he couldn't stand the sound of the needle, so I was on my own for the pics :)
You're right about hanging out with T - was great to learn about some of the culture while getting a lifelong souvenir :wink:

I know what you mean on seeing more pictures of Rarotonga - such an amazing place - I'm sure we'll go back someday - I've sent you a PM on the pictures

P
Paipo posted on Tue, May 20, 2008 5:16 AM

My wife wouldn't have missed it for the world! :lol: thanks for the pics - I shall reciprocate shortly!
...and, I forgot to mention in my previous post: DAMN! that is some sweet Marquesan leg action you have going on there Ray! WOW!

O

Here are a few cool ones from Tiki Caliente.

Hey Tiki-Ray

Manu did a wonderful job.

I get part one of my sleeve from Manu on Monday, and part two at the Queen Mary for Ink and Iron. Scott gets the other side of his calf done on Tuesday and then the joining middle band will be done when we visit his shop in Papeete.

Hope Erica and the guys at the shop (Art and Soul) treated you well.

Jen and Scott

On 2008-03-16 14:27, Dr. Zarkov wrote:
If you don't feel like going under the needle, there's always this: http://www.costumes4less.com/groupdetail.asp?sku=df123

I'm with you, Doctor, on the temporary tattoo idea. But the link ends up with, "Item Not In Stock".
Myriah's Polynesian Bazaar has a bunch of Hawaiian/Tiki temporary tats. I may get a few for my wife's birthday, in a couple months. They have the vintage topless hula girl you linked to, and even a kit to do a full-face Maori job. Imagine showing up at your tiki-skeptic parent's house with that on your face, as a joke!

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2008-05-20 13:44 ]

T

Thanks all , Im pretty proud of it . And yes everyone at the shop were fantastic and you can have all the Red Bulls you want . Manu keeps you very relaxed and I love the way his work just flows . He kind of outlined the borders and then just went to town sketching freehand all over . He just cant show you at first cause its all in his head . I highly reccomend him , Ray

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2008-05-20 14:54 ]

Shown here is the starting point for work I'm getting done on my right outer shin & calf.

The tattoo was done by Ryan of Raygun Tattoo in Dana Point. This little fellow was designed by Von Franco. We're working on the rest of the design which I'll post up as soon as it's done.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-05-26 12:55 ]

On 2008-05-26 12:53, MakeDaMug wrote:
Shown here is the starting point for work I'm getting done on my right outer shin & calf.

The tattoo was done by Ryan of Raygun Tattoo in Dana Point. This little fellow was designed by Von Franco. We're working on the rest of the design which I'll post up as soon as it's done.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-05-26 12:55 ]

You finally did it!!!!

And I wasn't there to hold your hand!!!!!!

Bastard!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

( congrats!!)

Fergit the pix of the tattoos!
i wanna see pix of the Victims' Faces
while they're getting inked! :lol:
Congrats Holden!
Youse a Man Now!

P
Paipo posted on Tue, May 27, 2008 1:20 PM

On 2008-05-27 12:36, little lost tiki wrote:
Congrats Holden!
Youse a Man Now!

Luckily for you I can oblige. I've already posted this previously, so I guess it can't hurt to do it again...or can it?

On 2008-05-27 12:36, little lost tiki wrote:
Congrats Holden!
Youse a Man Now!

Happy to oblige!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies