Tiki Central / General Tiki

Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies

D

Very, very nice!!!

48 hours I am getting my Tiki Tattoo.
Going for chest piece on one side.
I liked Pyro's!

jsulivanj take pics as you go post em here!

Who is doing it? Can't wait to see!

T

Hey! Check it out! My tat is in the newest issue of Tattoo Energy (#59). My left arm inside (bicep). I wanted the artist (brhltattoos.com) to do his version of my logo. Left page, bottom center (duh). Cool article, too!

On 2009-06-24 17:48, jsullivanj wrote:
48 hours I am getting my Tiki Tattoo.
Going for chest piece on one side.
I liked Pyro's!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2153052&id=18307927&l=f3a5b5f417

[ Edited by: jsullivanj 2009-08-18 18:45 ]

On 2009-01-07 21:01, vrodder wrote:
Did a search put this in the wrong place before.
This is the first Tiki Tat and the second is on my forearm but needs color and a better photo.

Looking really nice

Had this done over the weekend. Will be getting the color added in about a month.

Thought I'd update with the color...actually going back in a couple weeks for some more details to be added in the background (free of charge mind u).

Not Finished going to be a full sleve have a very cool tatooist "Sykes" working with me took inspiration from the volcano thread on TC hope it turns out a fitting tribute? Going to redo the 15 year old tribal at the end but trust me you wont see it for the tikiness hope you like? Cocktail shaker next!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: tonmawrtiki 2009-10-25 13:06 ]

Wow, nice colors. I dig!

Nice ink. Loving the palm trees.

my ankle and my hubbys calf done by Jaksin down at the Kreepytiki. We brought masks down my hubby had carved and he did the sketches straight from it. Mine has a suffering bastard influence for sure. He doesn't know it yet but we are coming down in the next month or two to finish the job- my ankle is going to be a full cuff of flamey tiki goodness and Justin has another mask he carved for the other calf. COuld not be happier with the tattoos or having my hubbys art on me forever!

[ Edited by: Tiki-Troll 2009-10-29 17:30 ]

T

Christmas came early for me this year, spent 11hrs at the tattoo shop last night. 3hrs for hand-drawing, and the rest under the gun... I should have eaten lunch. I've always wanted a Polynesian tribal tattoo, but I wanted to honor my Filipino heritage even though I think the Tahitian and Maori styles rock. Most of the pre-contact tattoos were mainly just geometrically repeating patterns, but a lot of the post-contact and modern Polynesian tattoos are simply amazing.

Here's mine!

TK

here is mine. left leg, hip to knee. done by TC's green tiki pat.

[ Edited by: talo ka 2009-12-10 00:22 ]

Little update for you

Nearly finished another two hours then think about the bottom half but not till i come back from ohau this summer to expensive this Tattoo game lol

This is my new Tiki Tattoo I finished this wed. Gonna start a sleeve soon....

tonmawrtiki I am IN LOVE! with your tiki ink!

and everyone else nice work, I've lurked on here getting inspired for a couple years :)

I just got this about a month ago (and you crazy copywrite people, I totally got Cindy's premission AND sent her a picture of the completed tat afterward)

Not the best picture...

I want to get a tiki tat while at Hukilau. Someone needs to get me drunk and cart me to a tattoo artist. I want a ku on my upper arm.

Thanks Tiki-mingo heres another update for you

On 2009-01-04 20:58, swizzle wrote:

That's great!

Happiness is a mermaid tattoo :) i was thinking of getting one on my right arm... anyways, the sleeve is ridiculiously cool!

This is my only tatoo right now. It's on my right calf. I keep making the argument that I need another tat on my left leg so I feel balanced and don't lean when I stand up, but my partner isn't buying it. LOL

T

On 2010-05-27 14:46, Tiki-mingo wrote:
Happiness is a mermaid tattoo :) i was thinking of getting one on my right arm... anyways, the sleeve is ridiculiously cool!

I am working on my mermaid sleeve right now

I have my tiki sleeve in progress right now. You can see pics here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36872&forum=1&13

I will post more when I get more work done it. I should have more pics tomorrow. I am going in for another one today.

P

This was the first tattoo I got. It's not detailed or anything, but I think most people here should recognize it.

P

Question for everyone:

I've always wondered about the "tribal" tattoos... Are they in bad taste? I mean, I really like some of the designs and have seen some really cool work on here, but I've always wondered if it was bad form to get such a traditional tattoo if I'm just an Irish guy from the States. The designs have meaning and I get the weird feeling that if I got something like that and then visited, say the Polynesian Islands, would the natives have a right to be upset?

Just curious.

KSC

Brand spankin' new!

Nice, that looks great!!
Are you going to be getting any colour done on it?

KSC

Nope, all my work is black & grey :)

Here is the one I just got in Kona:

recognize this guy?

photographed with the cellphone camera...

Mahalo,
HT

T

My souvenir from Hukilau 2003

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Nov 5, 2010 6:08 PM

That Kon-Tiki is so crisp and clean. Top Notch, I'm jealous.

My seven year old son surprised me with these Tiki Mug and Skulls a few days ago:

no worries... he used a pen, but he called tattoos :)

TT

TK

here is lono and a head hunting wahini with a shrunken head on my leg.

this is my turtle on shoulder have to finsh the detail shading. these are green tiki pats handy work.

Recently added to my tiki tattoo:

Started this one in the summer, hope to add Hawaiian landscape soon.

G

Fabulous... don't see much of that here on Oahu. See more traditional Hawaiian folk art, etc.

After contacting Doug Horne and asking permission here is my latest tattoo...

J

On 2011-09-17 20:16, WaikikianMoeKele wrote:
I'm ready for a new tiki tattoo & I'm trying to decide what it should be. So I'm opening it up for suggestions. My new art will be on my left breast.
Thank you all so much in advance.
~kele

Hi Kele,

There are many Tiki tattoo threads here on TC. This seems to be the main one.

Maybe this thread might give you some cool ideas. I'm giving this thread a bump just for that (and maybe you could ask the moderator to delete your original one-off thread ??)

Here's my idea. Get "The Book of Tiki" tattooed on your breast. That would really be unique and what could be a better homage to the Tiki Revival? Yeah I know there's a lot of detail there but maybe your tattoo artist could come up with a more simple take on it...

Also that could result in a really cool "And here's Sven Kirsten signing the Book of Tiki" photo op. :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-09-18 10:42 ]

On 2011-09-18 10:38, JOHN-O wrote:... maybe you could ask the moderator to delete your original one-off thread ?? ...

Done.

I'm considering it... wondering what Sven would think about it... hmmm...:)

TS

So...here is my tiki tattoo. I got the hula girl (her name is Kai Kala) in Hilo in October of 2009. The artist was Kevin Bays at Rainbow Falls Tattoo.

You might think she is familiar. She is based off of a '40s Pan Am advertisement. She needed to have stuff around her and consequently turned into a half sleeve. I sketched up the rest from places my wife and I had been to around the islands.

The other main subject is the tiki from Pu'unua o honaunau south of Kailua/Kona.

I forget what his name is and can't seem to find it anywere. I liked his attitude. He seemed to be a partier and between Kai Kala and the tiki, I got what I wanted between 2010 and 2011. The artist was Phil Bartel at Rising Tide Tattoo in Boulder, CO.

Additions might move around to my back shoulder with some tiki mugs, torches and a bit more of a night scene. Maybe a tiki mug and umbrella, etc.

Michael

Thought I'd add an update since I went to Pu'uhonua o Honaunau last week. Here I am with my inspiration.

Aloha,
Michael

Chop'em, drop'em and cruise'em. It ain't cool if they don't drool!

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-10-24 11:16 ]

Here is one I did for my neighbor Frank.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 174 replies