Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

BamBoo Ben Patio Project.... updated pics 1/10/09

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies

T

New diet you working on? ...Light Smokes and Light Beer!!!!

A craftsman out on loan !!! [planters look good]

Looks great Ben! Love the fern grotto idea and the carved frames around the door and windows looks sweet.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Very cool Ben! I really like that lava rock wall and shower!!

Looking great. Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you keep all that from getting mildew or similar damage from the elements? Do you put a special treatment on it?

On 2008-03-16 14:41, VampiressRN wrote:
Looking great. Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you keep all that from getting mildew or similar damage from the elements? Do you put a special treatment on it?

Having no architect or building experience, didn't know the varnish was used as your sealer. Thanks for the intel...my feeble mind didn't make the connection. :)

T

On 2008-03-16 17:15, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2008-03-16 14:41, VampiressRN wrote:

It's not the varnish Ben's talking about. It's the Bud lite!

On 2008-03-16 19:38, VampiressRN wrote:
Having no architect or building experience, didn't know the varnish was used as your sealer. Thanks for the intel...my feeble mind didn't make the connection. :)

No worries Vamp! :)

The nice thing about that partic-u-lar brand is that it is Water Based. ( kinda like THAT awe-fool coors ligit sitting next to it. That's my better half's brand :)

Just remember that many THIN coats are better than one Thick coat. And, each coat takes a good 48 hours to cure. Sand between with 220 if needed. Colder temps longer cure time.
( the can always lies!!)

I suggest everyone should use it for outdoor stuff.

A cheap hOme Depot garden sprayer works well (if you thin it a bit) for applying it to thatch etc. Mix it with http://www.flamestop.com stuff too, or layer it.

I know most of you don't like glossy stuff.

I like Glossy Stuff cause it reminds me of the palm trees in the a.m. in Hawaii just after a light rain.

Also, Gloss is always the strongest. It will fade to flat over time. Flat will fade to nothing sooner.

My PSA for the year. :)

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-03-16 20:40 ]

[Quote]

"Mrs Boo demanded the Honu Family back. I kinda like em' swimming up. "

I think Mrs. Boo has good taste. Looks great Ben! roomy & comfy I like the looks off the master Bedroom.

T

The lava looks great! Willing to share any "trade secrets"?

On 2008-03-18 19:44, TikiPhil wrote:
The lava looks great! Willing to share any "trade secrets"?

Cement :)

Great work Ben!
You got the knack to transform an area into a whole new world!
That fern grotto is gonna be killah! A few pot plants back there wouldn't hurt....
Whatever happened to that dopey lookin day-laborer you had helping? :lol:

S

On 2008-03-16 20:36, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2008-03-16 19:38, VampiressRN wrote:

No worries Vamp! :)

The nice thing about that partic-u-lar brand is that it is Water Based. ( kinda like THAT awe-fool coors ligit sitting next to it. That's my better half's brand :)

Just remember that many THIN coats are better than one Thick coat. And, each coat takes a good 48 hours to cure. Sand between with 220 if needed. Colder temps longer cure time.
( the can always lies!!)

I suggest everyone should use it for outdoor stuff.

A cheap hOme Depot garden sprayer works well (if you thin it a bit) for applying it to thatch etc. Mix it with http://www.flamestop.com stuff too, or layer it.

I know most of you don't like glossy stuff.

I like Glossy Stuff cause it reminds me of the palm trees in the a.m. in Hawaii just after a light rain.

Also, Gloss is always the strongest. It will fade to flat over time. Flat will fade to nothing sooner.

My PSA for the year. :)

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-03-16 20:40 ]

Ladies and Gentlemen, Kanes and Wahines, Dames y Caballeros, this may be the longest post in Bamboo Ben's great career here in TC! Cherish it!

T

We should not judge a man by the length of his post :)

On 2008-03-19 09:00, little lost tiki wrote:
That fern grotto is gonna be killah! A few pot plants back there wouldn't hurt...:lol:

Hey whatever happened to Ben's polynesian grow room?

Oh yeah... I remember.

When should I book my hotel room for the party?

Stylin' backyard there.

J

On 2008-02-07 18:42, hewey wrote:
'boo Ben and Rolf Harris seperated at birth?

Ben the Bamboo Peg?????

Great work on the patio.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.