Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2008 Images Here!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies

C'monnn Marina, don't I make a splendid merman??
Wellll, I dunno....Davin's got a pretty unique body-bend goin there.

bump

Jeez DavyWavy - Face About To Explode Man. I know I know, nothin' but love. I couldn't have planned that shot if I tried!
davin

I'm finally breaking down to get a Flickr page to deal with all the pics, but here's a few to start with:

It took us over a month but we finally got them up on Flickr ...

We had time during the Hukilau to do a little bit of tiki & mimo urban archeology and that's also mixed in with the set.

Mike and Marie,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

T

So, who is the pro photographer...Mike or Marie...or both ?

Man, amazing shots....none of the Orchestra tho' :cry:

On 2008-07-27 19:19, Bora Boris wrote:
Mike and Marie,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Boris! We really liked all the shots you got on your Flickr set. I (Mike) especially appreciated all the great pics you got of Elisa -- I'd taken some of her with my brand new Holga and learned the hard way that bar lighting and no flash equals black prints ...

On 2008-07-27 19:24, tikiyaki wrote:
So, who is the pro photographer...Mike or Marie...or both ?

Man, amazing shots....none of the Orchestra tho' :cry:

Actually, Mike might've taken some brief video of you guys from the Friday night party! The one problem with the Hukilau is that we couldn't do everything, even with two of us working together! Felt like we wanted to be everywhere at once, and on Friday we were trying to balance the need for libations with the urge to document and failing at the latter very quickly!

We love you guys! You're like the Bosko of music -- you've got the total authenticity! What a treat to hear so many wonderful bands that weekend!

Thanks the kind words about the photos. Mike took most of the pics, but I got to play with his old camera. But the real photo pro was Bohemiann, and he's got a ton of pics here:

http://go11media.smugmug.com/Events/536269

You're right about Bohemiann, his pictures have excellent clarity and crispness plus he took a good picture of me. He wins!

H

Alohaaa!

Here some of my faforite pictures we made during our Florida trip. Hola, what a great time.
I really miss it. :cry:

You can find much more Hukilau pics on our website:forbidden-paradise.com

No,no,no! Sex, Drugs and Tikiiiiii

Cuban nights!

Tiki comes together!

Best dress winners!

Tiki pirates!

Non-verbal!

Make me an "O"!

The flamingo store.

Surfin the streets of Key West.

Checking out the smalest bar at Key West. Holy mackerel!

The tree Bavarian guys. Prost!

Tiki express direct to the pool-party.

Danke fur die fotografieren meine Deutcshe Tiki komeraden! Guttes gluck mit tiki im Bayern!

Rugby Matteus

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies