Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI FREAKout Art show @ Closing Reception this Saturday 8/9 7p.m. til Midnight

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 339 replies

TikiFreaks,
The Light Gallery in Costa Mesa,Ca will be having a Tiki Art show starting July 19th. This Show will feature some of the names that make Tiki so Freaky in the California area. As artist are confirmed we will be adding information to this link. Please keep your calenders open for what should shape up to
be one Hum-Dinger of a time.

The Light Gallery will also have a Black Light section for any of the artist who want to get extra FREAKY!!!!!!

Keep that Freak flag flying,

Wildsville Man

@ Light Gallery440 e.17th stcosta mesa 92627www.thelightgalleries.comwww.myspace.com/thelightgallery

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville-man)

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2008-07-22 01:04 ]

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-08-08 11:15 ]

Wildsville man and Mr. Borts teaming up to pull off a show?

Guess I have to buy another bullwhip! :lol:

First I catch you slow dancing with Doug,then you are talking bullwhip.
You better not show up in a ballgag and thong,that would probably scar me for life.

http://tiki-caliente.com/Blog/

Just confirmed For the TIKI FREAKout show and first timer to the Light Gallery is..................

SAM GAMBINO

Sam Gambino has been asked to be a permanent part of history by allot of establishments by making original works that will be used to promote an event, or to be displayed in the establishment itself.

When I thought of making something to commemorate "the Cellar" he was the first person I thought of.

If you don't know SAM,you don't know Jack!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

http://www.samgambino.com/

who's Jack?

WooHoo!! Marked it on my calendar. Wildsville: Will you actually be leaving P.S. to make an appearance in the O.C.??

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-06-16 16:40 ]

Peep's of the FREAKout,
We are looking to make this an art show to remember. Another Hot or would you say "Caliente" artist that will be at the Gallery will be TikiRay...Ray will be bringing a new 6 foot tall tiki that he is now finishing up.

Ray, best known for his smile and personality, is also known for being the carver of this fine piece of art.

I look forward to seeing you Ray. P.S. bring my Sunglasses

Kinny, If you don't know Jack, you must not know Sinatra's favorite drink.

WooHoo, I think of you every time I see a Washington Mutual billboard....WOOOOOOHOOOOO

While we're talking about the Light Gallery is there anyway to get off of their email list. They got my email from Little Lost Tiki's email list and I know I've only asked 4 times to be removed but maybe asking here will help.

Just added to TIKI FREAKout and first timer to "THE LIGHT GALLERY" is the master of Freaky and sometimes TIKI.........DAVID CALVER who will be doing some original tiki art just for this show.

David has been seen in some of the best gallery's in the U.S. and is scheduled for 2 solo shows already in 09.

T

Rory , are you hitting on me ???

I guess I haven't mastered sarcasm in written form as of yet Ray. I'm more of a talker then a writer, if you couldn't guess that.

a RARE smile from Ray

T

All I remember of that pic is you trying to talk us out of our clothes . Whats up with that? Im posting a teaser pic of my new tiki.

On 2008-06-17 18:31, TIKI-RAY wrote:

Where's the tongue??? WooHooo!!! :wink:

Ray,
I was trying to talk to you about putting more cloths on. The wrong person has there top off in that photo.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR CLOTHS ON RAY!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!

Hears me after putting a little cream in your coffee

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-06-17 20:48 ]

talked to Wildsvilleman and I'm in!
here's a sneak peek of a piece for the show...

FREAKOUT!

B

dudes, i am totally freaking out!

of course, if LLT, T-Ray, Sam-Gam and Mr. Calver are in, the Toe will def f-ck some sh*t up for this show!!

who is bringing the acid?

On 2008-06-18 13:50, BigToe wrote:
who is bringing the acid?

WE THOUGHT YOU WERE.....

I will bring the antacid!!!!! My stomach is still tweeted from the trip to Houston last week and
this trip to Chicago tomorrow will throw me over the edge. Have you ever had a cinnabon? and that's just starting at the airport!!!!!!! DIG?

Look at Big Toe Pimp'in it

R

Rad! My fave arteests all in one place!

Can't wait, I'll be sure to bring my camera and snappity snap some pictures of the tiki FREAKOUT!

:D

Can we put skulls in this show :wink:

this event might be worthy of a tiki piece or three!!! Might have to move up my oasis paintings..

T

The surfbeat show, you show up with a painted court jester on a surfboard . Now you want to paint skulls at the tiki freakout show . Focus MAN !
(sorry, just trying to get the drama going now that LLT , Clydesdale , Bigtoe, and I are showing up ) . Let the ball busting begin !!!!!!!!!

It's the TIKI FREAKout show,so Skulls should be just fine. Think of this as Tiki with a Twist.
We want to open up the door for some interesting ideas. If Ray wants to put vampire teeth on a 6 foot tiki,you should be able to use skulls!!!!DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-06-19 00:36 ]

FREAKOUT!
Le FREAK
Se CHIC!
FREAKOUT!

sneaky-peeky!

My TikiFreaks halla if you hear me!!!!!!!!

I just got back from Chicago 10 min ago and enjoyed the hell out of the Chicago Cubs sweep of the White Sox's and a rock'in time at Hala Kahiki Cocktail Lounge.Well I was at Hala Kahiki, we had a little magic happen outside with a great view of a rainbow right in front of the Lounge after a little rain hit the ground.

Bigbrotiki would love all the Witco in the place....only graceland has more witco...or so they say.

I have 48 e-mails to get back to, from Artist that want to be part of the show. I will do my best to get back to everyone...But after stopping by the DVA Gallery in Chicago for their Tiki Show on Sunday I am even more amped about bringing on some cool new interesting Tiki Art....SO please keep it a little Freaky!!!!!!!!!

Catch ya on the Flip!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2008-06-24 06:10 ]

E

You heard right!
Get ready for the Tiki FREAKout Sat July 19th!!

More than just an Art show or event,
it will be an !EXPERIENCE!
Your bud Wildsville man and I are excited to showcase our favorite local Artists, as well as some fresh faces new to the Light Gallery. There will be much variety, and something unique for everyone to enjoy. We've been seeking Artwork that is deep in tradition, but isn't afraid to experiment with pushing beyond the known boundry's of the Tiki lands. Leading us into A brave new world & discovery of the new frontier of the Galactic Polynesia. Complete with a section of wall showcasing paintings (hubble telescope relayed)from the recently discovered blacklight-hole parallel Tiki universe!
You can stay in the know by signing up for our mailing list on our Website. We send out an average of 1 email a week to keep you updated on the latest news & happenings.
So if you're on our list it just means your cool! should you ever have the need to stop cooling there is an opt out link at the bottom of every email from our mailing list host. Simple as a click of the mouse.

So mark your calendars for July 19th, and remember: do NOT eat the brown ACID!
But doo let that FREEK flag wave as proudly as the first time man planted it while walking on MARS!!

Doh! info wasnt included on my signature line.
To be added to Our mailing list signup on our website or shoot us an email!
http://www.thelightgalleries.com

{{the sky is falling}} -chicken little

[ Edited by: ETseven 2008-06-25 22:05 ]

[ Edited by: ETseven 2008-06-25 22:08 ]

On 2008-06-25 02:28, ETseven wrote:
You can stay in the know by signing up for our mailing list on our Website. We send out an average of 1 email a week to keep you updated on the latest news & happenings.
So if you're on our list it just means your cool! should you ever have the need to stop cooling there is an opt out link at the bottom of every email from our mailing list host.

Simple as a click of the mouse.

Unless you don't provide a link....

http://[email protected]
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=237629000
[email protected]
Amateurs......
sheesh!

This is a show for the Fan's of Tiki Art and the artist that can look at the same object and see many different things. We have some big namers and some great up-and-comers. As someone who collects art himself,I know what I like and I usually can see potently for future growth.

We will have some great showoff art work but we are also asking the artist to have some affordable art
for the fan's who usually don't want to pay for originals.

So let's have a Great party,But take advantage of some Art that is meant to go home with the fan's that love it too!!!!!!!!

On 2008-06-25 10:08, Wildsville man wrote:
I know what I like and I usually can see potently for future growth.

SEE POTENTLY?
HMMMMMMM.....

that kid is eating to much mercury or something!!!!!!!!!

That's WILDZ Man

AT TIKI FREAKOUT were slashing prices!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Added to TikiFreakout!!!!!!! Robb Hamel

The man who brings Velvet alive!!!!!!

This will be Robb's first time to "The Light Gallery"

Check out his art on this link below!!!!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27640&forum=18&176

B

RIGHT ON Wildsville! WOW, this is shaping up to be a world-class tiki-ophile event!

crap, does that mean i gotta put frames on my paintings? and wear shoes? and pants?

alohas, toe-jam

Just change your boxer shorts, that would be a step in the right direction!!!!!!!!! DIG?

I WILL BE SHAVING MY COIN PURSE JUST FOR THE TIKI FREAKout

Coin Purse?
Is that like a Balloon Knot?
:lol:

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
C'mon! Let's see that smile! C'mon!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-06-25 16:26 ]

On 2008-06-25 16:03, BigToe wrote:
crap, does that mean i gotta put frames on my paintings?

No, Toe!! Down with frames!!

Sorry, I just say that because it keeps me from painting around the corners... and I'm FREAKY like that!

Super stoked to be in on this one... totally up my alley!

B

Oti, looking forward to peepin' ur work in person...

and Wiley, i'm gonna shave my ass too...that way my lava lava won't chafe

Tiki Freakout is very happy to add another very Hot artist to the show. Some would say Caliente!!!!!!
The one and only..........Doug Horne!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be Doug's first show at the Light Gallery with Original work!!!!!!

Let's get this party started!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

Steve from the Light Gallery e-mailed me today and asked me to DJ again.

I will be there djing from 6 pm to 9 pm.

gotta jam after that.
I wont say where I guess its bad mojo to do that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Well then make copies of your mix . Your last gig there was amazing .

Jeff BTD:
In fact,just burn a 3-4 hour disc for that evening and drop it off at the gallery...
That way we don't have to look at you!! :lol:

I like looking at Jeff. He reminds me of that Jesus loves Tiki art from Doug!!!!!!!!!

JEFF LOVES TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

:lol:
JEFF BIG (foot) TIKI DUDE
DOES LOVE HIS TIKI!!!!
and Surf music too!

THIS JUST IN!
BRITANNY SPEARS IS IN!
and will be creating some Tiki Art for the FREAKOUT!

(Paipo's gonna kill me!) :lol:

T

Thats awesome . Maybe she can front me some coke . Will K Fed be there too ? Hes not only a great backup dancer but I hear he was named father of the year in Vegas .What an inspiration . :)

On 2008-06-27 17:27, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Thats awesome . Maybe she can front me some coke . Will K Fed be there too ? Hes not only a great backup dancer but I hear he was named father of the year in Vegas .What an inspiration . :)

sigh.....
you're a better carver than comedian,Ray...
Get back to work and create something that will
F-F_FREAK THEIR FREAKITY BRAINS OUT at the show!

T

Sorry , it wont happen again . Back to the chisels.

Ken,
actually the dj booth is up in the rafters so nobody will have to look at me.
too bad I'm not as good looking as you.
:wink:

I will burn a cdr for the time that I wont be there.

as for surf...

isn't this a more tiki than surf art show?

I was planning on playing more Exotica, and mellow surf and longe,
not really the Dick Dale type of stuff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-06-27 19:23, bigtikidude wrote:
Ken,
actually the dj booth is up in the rafters so nobody will have to look at me.
too bad I'm not as good looking as you.
:wink:
I will burn a cdr for the time that I wont be there.
as for surf...
isn't this a more tiki than surf art show?
I was planning on playing more Exotica, and mellow surf and longe,
not really the Dick Dale type of stuff.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

i was thinking a black hood with eyeholes while you're up in the rafters
just in case anybody looks up there! :lol:
if it'll make you happy, i can wear one too!:)
Thanks for covering the music while you'll be gone!
Keeping the vibe flowin...Nice!
Exotica..good....how about some 60's Italian GoGo music?
That might cover the FREAKOUT aspect....
contact Squiddles!
This is gonna be one FRIGGIN FREAKOUT!:)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 339 replies