Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki "Need to Do" List

Pages: 1 40 replies

T

So,

I've been a Tikiphile forover 10 years now, and there are lots of Tiki things I feel like I need to do to feed my Tiki obsession.

1. Get a Witco piece
  2. Get a Bosko carving - yea my favorite carver and I have NO Bosko in my home. Frikken Blasphemy !
  3. Go to Tiki Oasis - Never been...again, blasphemy, I know. Finally went to my first Hukilau and it was beyond awesome. This year for sure.
  4. Go to Forbidden Island
  5. Go to Trader Vics Emeryville
  6. Go to Tonga Room in SF
  7. Go to the Kon Tiki in Tucson

That's all I can think of for now.

So, what's on your to do Tiki List ?

1. Meet the great people from TC someday
  2. perfect my carvings
  3. Create a Tiki Bar and Tikify my house (once i have my own)

You need to take The Quiz.

On 2008-06-25 17:57, tikiyaki wrote:
So,

I've been a Tikiphile forover 10 years now, and there are lots of Tiki things I feel like I need to do to feed my Tiki obsession.

1. Get a Witco piece
  2. Get a Bosko carving - yea my favorite carver and I have NO Bosko in my home. Frikken Blasphemy !
  3. Go to Tiki Oasis - Never been...again, blasphemy, I know. Finally went to my first Hukilau and it was beyond awesome. This year for sure.
  4. Go to Forbidden Island
  5. Go to Trader Vics Emeryville
  6. Go to Tonga Room in SF
  7. Go to the Kon Tiki in Tucson

That's all I can think of for now.

I guess five out of your seven ain't bad?? Guess which two I haven't done yet? Those two would be included on my list!

PTD

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 25, 2008 8:14 PM

GROG' to do list:

1. Have sex with all the people on Tiki Central.

It's a short list, but still a pretty big undertaking. So far GROG is only about 1/4 of the way through TC, but GROG started with all the locals first in Southern California. GROG started in alpabetical order and things got really slow in the Bs as Bamboo Ben and Bora Boris kept coming back for more and that really kept GROG from progressing for a while. If you are in southern California and GROG has not had sex with you yet, please be patient, GROG is getting older, so it takes GROG a little longer to recuperate before moving on. GROG tried to do it in groups to speed the process along, but too many people felt slighted that they had to share GROG with others, and GROG got tired of all the complaining, so GROG gave that up pretty quickly. Ruzic, quit emailing, calling and leaving GROG all those PMs. You have to wait your turn just like everybody else. Now GROG going to have to make a rule--no boyfriend/girlfriends, spouses, or other, unless they are members of Tiki Central as well. We made an exception for Cheekygirl since she was the first to do so, which is what prompted GROG to make this rule. Also, stop leaving earrings, wallets, or some item of clothing as an excuse to come back for more. The ladies are especially bad about this, and it is really slowing down the process. Now Laney and Bong, GROG still hasn't decided if people who had been on Tiki Central but are kicked off, are still qualified, but thanks for your enquiries. GROG will get back to you as soon as GROG has made a decision on the matter. Jungle Trader, to answer your question (and so that everybody else is clear on this) No, oral sex does not count, even if that's what you prefer. Also, since so many people keep joining TC daily, GROG is going to have to assign a cut-off date. Only TC members who have been active before March 13, 2008 are qualified to have sex with GROG. GROG apologize to all those who signed up after this date in order to have sex with GROG. Hanford has requested GROG make an exception---all new members who sign up after this date as GRAND MEMBERS will be qualified to have sex with GROG, but just remember, there are a LOT of people on TC, so it's going to be awhile before GROG get to you. Also, all those international TCers--- If you are located outside of the United States, then it will definitely awhile until GROG can get to you, because GROG started with the closest people geographically located. If you are coming to the United States for a visit, and want to fulfill your obligation. then please let GROG know far enough in advance that GROG can put you down on GROG schedule. GROG has already had enough complaints from stateside people who have been bumped back a day or two because of somebody coming into town unexpectedly and wishing to have sex with GROG for the short time they are here. Oh and one other thing, bring your own handcuffs, whips, ccol whip, wax etc. With ALL the people on TC it's getting pretty darned expensive for GROG to have extra toys/enhancements, and people keep taking GROG's as souvenirs--so BRING YOUR OWN damnitall! Squid, your collection is quite impressive.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-06-25 20:16 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 25, 2008 8:22 PM

The previous post by GROG was meant for humorous purposes only. All persons mentioned above were named only for the sake of the humor and no mailiciousness was intended (excpet for Ruzic). Besides, everybody knows that Bamboo Ben is the only person on Tiki Central that GROG has ever had sex with in any form or fashion.

TT

GROG is truly worth the wait, It took three trips from Australia to finally fulfill my fantasy with GROG at Palm Springs this year though (i thought) I was close last year at one point... hang in there people, he will get to you all in good time...

J

Hey Groggy! Call me :wink:

Of course you know I prefer an online encounter...email me please Grog and let me know if it was good for you. :D

OMG! Thanks GROG for making my day. I haven't laughed this hard many days. Oh, and keep up the good work! LOL

S

Who's this GROG character?Sounds interesting.

But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that animal, Grog. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false,

Great thread!

1. Buy a house so I can build a home tiki bar again.
  2. Get a restraining order against GROG.

Not necessarily in that order.

1. Buy House next door to Grog.
  2. Blast TechNO music all day and night so Grog can't sleep.
  3. Light a paper bag full of Dog Poo on fire,leave on Grog's doorstep and ring doorbell
  4. Toilet paper and Egg Grog's house everyday's like it's Halloween.
  5. Break into Grog's house and put Pabst Blue Ribbon in all his rum bottles.

That's all I can think of right now.

Good to know Grog is already onto the C's
as i was in the B's and got passed over.

unless he's counting me as a J

oh no,
now I'm Scared
;-o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jun 26, 2008 1:04 AM
  1. Create & carve a tiki to ward off GROG...
T

Wow, wonder what's in the 'kool-aid' over at the studio?

On 2008-06-26 05:22, TikiLaLe wrote:
Wow, wonder what's in the 'kool-aid' over at the studio?

kool kid aid?

This thread went haywire fast! I noticed GROG's post was edited by GROG... where can I find the unedited version?

On 2008-06-25 17:57, tikiyaki wrote:
So,

1. Get a Witco piece

As much as I'd like to find one too, I'm not holding my breath. I've been to hundreds of thrift and antique stores, flea markets, an so on during the last 10 years, and have only seen one single piece of Witco, and it wasn't even tiki. I refuse to bid for it on eBay, so that's not an option.

1. Go to Tiki Oasis - Never been...again, blasphemy, I know. Finally went to my first Hukilau and it was beyond awesome. This year for sure.

On my list too. So far, I've had work commitments that I couldn't get out of during every major Tiki-related event for the past 2 years. Since my schedule is planned 6 months in advance, I usually can't block out the time since these events typically don't get announced that early.

1. By hook or by crook, get to the Mai Kai before it closes.
  2. Make my own Pimento liqueur.
  3. Visit the site of the old Trader Vic's in Havana.
  4. Find a Leteeg in the wild.
  5. Have a drink with Sven at the Hamburg Vic's.
  6. Invent a highly efficacious GROG-repellent spray.
T

On 2008-06-26 06:40, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
This thread went haywire fast! I noticed GROG's post was edited by GROG... where can I find the unedited version?

Only in that dark, scary place known as Grog's Mind.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 26, 2008 10:30 AM

On 2008-06-26 00:34, bigtikidude wrote:
Good to know Grog is already onto the C's
as i was in the B's and got passed over.

unless he's counting me as a J

oh no,
now I'm Scared
;-o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Don't worry Bigtikidude. You know all those times at some of the tiki events where you have drunk too much alcohol and passed out? Several times....well, let's just say the Socal B category has been finished for a while now.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 26, 2008 11:31 AM

Sorry Tikiyaki, GROG not mean to derail your thread so badly. GROG not expect so many replies on the thread about GROG' post.

On the serious side: GROG real TIKI TO-DO LIST:

1. Make pilgrimmage to Mai Kai in Florida.
  2. Visit Kon Tiki in Arizona.
  3. Visit Northern California Tiki establishments/ friends.
  4. Get Sven to come to the Tonga Hut for a drink, and/or artshow.
  5. Turn in a Bamboo Ben comic BEFORE the Tiki Mag deadline for submissions.
  6. Do some art for the Tonga Hut artshows, instead of spending all GROG' money
    buying everybody elses art. (Damn you Tiki Diablo and Crazy AL!)
  7. Order another case of condoms from the wholesaler (Oops!)

I might add...

~ Finish my Exotica music collection.

~ See Don Tiki play live in Honolulu. (or Vegas)
~ See APE play live, with Crazy Al carving on stage.
~ and, of course, ... See the TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA play live - at the Hollywood Bowl!

T

On 2008-06-26 11:31, GROG wrote:
Sorry Tikiyaki, GROG not mean to derail your thread so badly. GROG not expect so many replies on the thread about GROG' post.

On the serious side: GROG real TIKI TO-DO LIST:

1. Make pilgrimmage to Mai Kai in Florida.
  2. Visit Kon Tiki in Arizona.
  3. Visit Northern California Tiki establishments/ friends.
  4. Get Sven to come to the Tonga Hut for a drink, and/or artshow.
  5. Turn in a Bamboo Ben comic BEFORE the Tiki Mag deadline for submissions.
  6. Do some art for the Tonga Hut artshows, instead of spending all GROG' money
    buying everybody elses art. (Damn you Tiki Diablo and Crazy AL!)
  7. Order another case of condoms from the wholesaler (Oops!)

No worries G R O G. I'll forgive you if you make one of those cool Grog cartoons for this thread. :tiki:

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-06-26 15:33 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 26, 2008 3:43 PM

Going to Easter Island not really on GROG to-do list, but GROG wish it was.

T

Mahalo !

Grog don't forget get me. Come say hello to my little friend!!

Tikiyaki said....

1. Buy House next door to Grog.
  2. Blast TechNO music all day and night so Grog can't sleep.
  3. Light a paper bag full of Dog Poo on fire,leave on Grog's doorstep and ring doorbell
  4. Toilet paper and Egg Grog's house everyday's like it's Halloween.
  5. Break into Grog's house and put Pabst Blue Ribbon in all his rum bottles.
    That's all I can think of right now.

you forgot
6.have sex with GROG...:lol:
Thank heaven he's a catcher in a world of pitchers!
kool kid Pitchers! :lol:

Need to do list? In the Tiki scene? I think there's really only two items:

1. Fill glass with tropical drink.
  2. Socialize with fellow Tikiphiles.

If you get to do it at Tiki Oasis or Forbidden Island, that's all gravy (or icing, depending on where you are in the meal).

Have you seen this man?
Do HIM
before HE DOES YOU!

M

I hope he's sitting on a towel.

TT

LLT, I think it's great that you made his tan a lil more even...

Ok lemme give it a try By the way, I pretty much flunked the FREAK or GOd quiz. cause I aint a collector. been there done that
so my tiki to do list

1. finish perfecting my house and garden
  2. trade paintings for carvings from willing participants
  3. pull off my still "top secret" event in the next year (IN SEATTLE)
  4. build and successfully launch POLYNESIA AMERICANA
  5. travel to French Polynesia, and PNG
  6. meet LLT in person cause hes my best TC pal!

There's more but I'm sure its gonna take a while to do this stuff, AND keep painting so i can be in all the art shows with the Kool kids.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-07-01 19:22 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-07-01 19:23 ]

B

That's cool with a "K"!

T

Hey Tikiyaki!

I've done three of the seven item on your list, and two of them just this weekend... Forbidden Island in Alameda Tonga Room in San Francisco... (Both totally awesome!)

My list is in two parts:

Realistic:
1.Collect a menu from The Stockton Islander and one each of their tiki mugs.
(Starting with my favorites... Mr. Smiley will be dead last. I already have
two, so I'm on my way!)
2.Visit all the existing Tiki establishments in California.
(I've been to most in LA, some in San Diego and the Bay Area, and even Modesto!)
3.Buy a house so I can have my own home tiki bar.
(Hoping to realize this dream this year!)
4.Become a well known and collected tiki artist! (It could happen!)

Fantasy:
5:Take my piles of tiki-art-earned money and buy the old Stockton Islander building (still standing on Highway 99 as of 06.16.08... drove by it on the way to Minnie's in Modesto)and move it to Los Angeles. Once there, I'll refurbish it and it will be the centerpiece of a Tiki Temple Mecca. There will be a restaurant, a bar (Tikiyaki Orchestra will play every night!!!), a gallery (featuring the best in tiki art, golden era and revival)and a museum (to preserve our tiki culture heritage), all surrounded by a lush tropical paradise...
Wow... my head is swimming just imagining it!

Oh, almost forgot:
6. Get myself on GROG's sex-list at least twice!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2008-07-03 10:20 ]

S
  • Make Pimento Liqueur (I'm starting tomorrow).
  • Make a Nui Nui.
  • Drink a Nui Nui
  • Brag on my friends that I can make a Nui Nui.

own at least one peice of work from all the different artists here.

sculptors, carvers, painters, graphic artists.. musicisians... a little something of everything.

G

On 2008-07-03 11:21, Monkeyman wrote:
own at least one peice of work from all the different artists here.

sculptors, carvers, painters, graphic artists.. musicisians... a little something of everything.

Well, I tried that too, but I was afraid I might die of old age before getting a custom frame from a certain somebody. :wink:

K

On 2008-07-01 16:24, little lost tiki wrote:
Have you seen this man?
Do HIM
before HE DOES YOU!

WOW!!!

What kinda car is that anyway?

:lol:
K.

TT
  1. Vist Tiki Ti
  2. Protect our pets and other small animals in the neighborhood from Grog