Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

LA Home Tiki Bar Tour Aug 9th PICS PAGE 3

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

Some very nice pictures of the crawl were posted on Lotta Living. Here is a link:

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=71435#71435

Hope that everyone has fun at the Oasis!!

Welcome to TC Joe...and thanks for posting the great pictures...more more more. :D

M

Wow! Now that was the way to spend International Tiki Day!
I hope everyone had as much fun attending the tour as I did putting it together.
I met so many new friends it was unbelievable.
I want to thank the bar owners for opening up their awesome Tiki bars and homes to 56 crazy tikifiles
and I especially want to thank Mark and Gem Noland for all their help!
There would not have a been a tour without the "Noland Team".
And I don't want to forget to thank Eric October "tobunga" for all the great graphics work he did for the tour, ya got skillz Eric.
And lastly the most important thanks goes to all the guests on the tour... because without you there would not have been a tour!
Though I would have probably ridden the bus alone to check out the amazing home bars :D
And as everyone on the tour knows I think we can officially call the tour a smashing success (I think the bus company was able to get the window replaced without too much hassle)
See you guys on the 2nd Annual Home Tiki Bar Tour.

P.S thanks Gary for the photos... My camera was the only thing that went awry on the tour.

[ Edited by: Murph 2008-08-20 09:29 ]

WOW! You don't see houses like that in Massachusetts! I so want to move to CA!

C'mon out the water's fine!

MN

M

Another set of pictures. Can't have too many pics :D
thanks Darrell.

Holy Moly! Some of those places are amazing! That looks like a fantastic time with a great bunch of people. Congrats on a very cool looking event.

Hi Murph,
I just tripped over this thread of yours from - FIVE years ago (?!) and wondered whatever happened to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. annual L.A. home tiki bar tours?

Mahalo,
Glenn

M
Murph posted on Fri, Aug 16, 2013 5:43 PM

Hi Glenn, The cost of insurance for this event killed it.

Pages: 1 2 56 replies