Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Fluff Session For Those Who Don't Give a Damn About TIKI OASIS

Pages: 1 19 replies

Tiki Oasis has never crossed my mind. Ever.

Lucky me!

There has never been a limited edition mug I wanted.

Yes indeed, LUCKY ME! I am one lucky bastard!

Even Shecky. I was here when Shecky was born. Hell I was here when the seed of Shecky was sewn with a ranting against the creeping Ordinariness and a suggestion of Tiki graffiti!

Yet I never wanted a Shecky mug.

Man am I happy! It's like my nose is crammed fulla rainbow boogers!

Also: I've never wanted to go to Tiki Oasis.

"Are you going to Oasis?" I am asked.

"Why?" I ask back, "When all I desire I have here...Fine drink, great minds, fantastic art. Why would I journey into the desert for a hot and hurried weekend? Because it is this moment's thing-to-do? No. I think not. Oasis is a fruit which I have never desired to taste"

Speaking of fruit..." they say as they walk off, the meaning of their parting comment shrouded in mystery.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I never wanted an Ohana Hut!!!

Damn! I must be the happiest friggin dog ALIVE!

Not only have I never wanted to go to Tiki Oasis or own a limited edition mug...There are no mugs that I drool about. None. I get what I find and that's just great.

How happy am I? Pinch yerself. Why? Cuz I'm so danged happy this must be a dream yer havin'!!!

Now I'm gonna go think happy thoughts about not goin' to the Tiki Crawl.

My life is grand!

H

I don't do Tiki Oasis either, but I will attend "Parrot head margaritas are us" festival. I just want to be different for a while.

On 2008-08-16 23:57, hiltiki wrote:
I don't do Tiki Oasis either, but I will attend "Parrot head margaritas are us" festival. I just want to be different for a while.

I believe an intervention might be in order here.

W

Well, the Bitch session post is up to two pages while this one has only had 2 replies. Therefor I can randomly and unscientifically conclude that the average Tiki Central is a miserable bastard cryin' in his/her Mai Tai over missin' Tiki Oasis 08.

I on the other hand remain quite happy even though there are no concrete or provable reasons for me to be happy.

What is probably going on is that on a quasi-spiritual level I am stealing your collective happiness, like some sorta soul sucking vampire.

If you're currently unhappy (and our data suggest you are) it is probably because your happiness is trapped inside me.

And your happiness can never be set free, so put aside any notions of ¡Fiesta de la Woofumutt Pinata!

H
Heath posted on Sun, Aug 17, 2008 9:11 PM

Woofmutt, I think the reason the bitch thread is up to two pages is because people would rather complain about what they can't do as opposed to enjoying what they can do. Me? I live here in sunny San Diego and I didn't go. Oh sure, I helped with some setting up Friday morning and some tearing down today and I enjoyed the time I was there, but honestly it was enough.
Cheers and nice work on dogbytes ice bucket!

On 2008-08-17 20:58, woofmutt wrote:
Well, the Bitch session post is up to two pages while this one has only had 2 replies. Therefor I can randomly and unscientifically conclude that the average Tiki Central is a miserable bastard cryin' in his/her Mai Tai over missin' Tiki Oasis 08.

I believe your wrong; I think the "Bitch Session" was more successful because it was started in California, where all the good thing are and where there is only a few inches of rain a year, just so that we can all run out and get a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, however it is always sunny, always, even when we are bitching. I'm sorry to make your soggy existence worse. Did I mention the golden beaches and perfect waves and 75 degree water and girls that wear nothing but Bikini's ALL the time? I am so tired of it, but thats the price of living here.
One last thing, just to make you feel better, go to the "California Events" and pick one event, I'll pass on that one, just for you. Just one though.
So there are a few things that should make you happy.

H

I don't think Woof is going to get excited and happy watching the Calif. party scene.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 25, 2008 8:32 AM

Woofy must be miserable as hell. Anybody that feels that they have to get on a public forum and explain how happy they are so that others can be happy for him (or jealous) must be extremely miserable. And lonely, too. Everytime GROG check TC, Woofy's either on SHOUT or had recently been on SHOUT. GROG feel sorry for Woofy. GROG go have a drink to Woofy, the poor, lonely, miserable, happy bastard!

H

Grog, I love you but, uhm... this is Bilge you know "off topic, killer, drunk, crazy stuff etc. etc." there is no way to control it cause everything goes.

Yeah Ernie!
Don't you have a Luau to be at?

On 2008-08-25 09:56, little lost tiki wrote:
Yeah Ernie!
Don't you have a Luau to be at?

Ouch

pie

W

"I believe your wrong..." -bananabobs-

It's my thread, it's Bilge, so I can't be wrong. (I think that's how it works, right?)

Anyway, I don't believe in your belief.

"...in California, where all the good thing are..."

Actually California is in the West where all the good things are. But don't tell the rest of the country, they either get bitchy or move out here.

"Anybody that feels that they have to get on a public forum and explain how happy they are...Must be extremely miserable. And lonely, too." -GROG-

Well, I'd hoped we'd keep this to PMs and emails GROG, but since yuh brought it up publicly: For the last friggin' time: I'm NOT lonely, I DON'T need a "Grugga-lugga-hugga" (whatever the hell that is) and I AM NOT INTERESTED IN GOING TO A RAINBOW FAMILY GATHERING WITH YOU!!!

"Everytime GROG check TC, Woofy's either on SHOUT or had recently been on SHOUT."

Obviously we're on the same wave length/great minds think alike. (Yuh know, with the current political climate and the upcoming election maybe it's time we implement The Plan?)

Oh, GROG: Got The FTD® Basket Of Cheer® Bouquet you sent...Thanks so much! It's exactly as they describe it: "Bright and fluffy pink carnations, lavender and yellow daisy pompons, with white and purple accents are arranged in a handled basket." Sometimes it seems you're the only one on TC who really gets me.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 26, 2008 9:24 AM

Glad you got the FTD Basket of Cheer Bouquet Woofy. The FTD Hidden Treasures Basket you sent GROG earlier this summer came just at the righttime. GROG was feeling a bit down and it was a good pick-me-up.

GROG lost the plans for The Plan, can you please fax them to GROG again?

GROG really think you'd enjoy the Rainbow Family gathering. GROG hasn't missed a single one in the last ten years and they just keep getting better. GROG really wish you'd reconsider about not going with GROG. It's better than any Oasis or Hukilau, and the Grugga-lugga-hugga is not to be missed.

Hey Muffwoot. I like your name cuz I'm slediksic. I like it. Has a nice ring to it. Muffwoot Muffwoot Muffwoot

I say sour grapes.

but I could be wrong.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'd say you're possibly right.

People like myself who sort of tumble down the mountainside of life and are rolling towards the grave in a dusty cloud of joy and happiness are often secretly envied by those who fearfully cling to every rock and branch on their journey to the same destination.

Or something like that.

On 2008-08-16 23:51, woofmutt wrote:
Tiki Oasis Even Shecky. I was here when Shecky was born. Hell I was here when the seed of Shecky was sewn with a ranting against the creeping Ordinariness and a suggestion of Tiki graffiti!
Yet I never wanted a Shecky mug.
Man am I happy! It's like my nose is crammed fulla rainbow boogers!

Now Woof, have you ever fucked a Shecky? Don't knock it until you try it.
It's like cramming your nose with rainbow boogers!

W

Oh My Gawd! Is that why the limited edition mugs are so sought after? Is that what you "collectors" do?

Suddenly it all makes sense...The high prices, the desire, the pouting and anger when yuh can't get any! The drunken late night gatherings...THE MUG SWAPPING!

I think I just lost my sight, hearing, and speech. Somebody lead me to the nearest pinball machine.

How much for an 8 Ball of Rainbow Boogers?

Pages: 1 19 replies