Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

a huge mahalo to all at tiki oasis from the creepy creeps.

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

Did you get a gander at his choppers?

On 2008-08-22 19:59, Billy the Crud wrote:

On 2008-08-22 18:38, Tiki Trav wrote:
Whenever I catch a whiff of someone with B.O. I always try to let em know, and have done many times, quite often by simply exclaming "F$@k! you stink!" and gladly accept the same courtesy in return. People that find that rude probably let their loved-ones walk around all day stinking, with food on their faces, toilet paper trailing from their shoes, fly undone with a "Kick Me,I love it" sign taped to their backs..

These guys don't realize that the kid was clean as a whistle......he was wearing the new body spritzer by Backalley Jim, called "Gutterpunk". Smells like onions and cumin, with a light overlay of old sock and skidmark. Just be thankful that he wasn't wearing "Homeless sex". It's very posh in larger cities.

Yes, not bathing is disrespectful to all of those around you.

Between these and the Punk Retirement plan observations, you people are killing me, LMAO!

On 2008-08-22 18:38, Tiki Trav wrote:
Whenever I catch a whiff of someone with B.O. I always try to let em know, and have done many times, quite often by simply exclaming "F$@k! you stink!" and gladly accept the same courtesy in return.

When I was LindyHopping 6 night/week, I'd be running into this ALOT. Imagine if you weren't just dancing NEXT TO that, but was being asked to dance WITH that. Just saying without judging was the answer. That and bringing gifts of deodorant and fresh tshirts...

T

Well, I for one thought the creepy creeps did a fantastic job at the oasis. Good entertainment gets the audience involved and that's exactly what the creeps did. If a pit worries you, just stand back. Crap, I'm way too old to be in a pit so I stood back and enjoyed the show. I hope the creeps can play again next year. I would rather see a live band that I enjoy than 600 different burlesque routines. Not that I want to upset all the "gentlemen" that record the burlesque routines on their cameras, that's just not audience participation as I see it. Again, I think the creepy creeps made oasis a way better party and kicked some of the zombie out of my ass. I almost felt like dancing, and I HATE dancing.

S

ok i have had it! im that kid. and that my friends it's called the axe effect! watch the commercials, god! instead of girls goin wild over the scent, around 1200 people did? thats weird?!?!?

jk

TT

Ooohhh Sleestak, you stink so pretty!

D
DJLee posted on Sat, Aug 23, 2008 4:31 PM

Just wanted to add another thumbs up to the Creepy Creeps for their funtastic set! AMAZING!!

I hear rumor of a possible release of a Creepy Creeps record on an independent label from somewhere around Southern California? Yeah!

On 2008-08-22 16:48, lucas vigor wrote:
It's not just Tiki.

and the ex rockers,well, we all know where THEY go!! (Jimmy Buffet concerts!!!)

Not !!!

Never was a punk rocker...always just a rocker. Peter Frampton, KISS, Sabbath, Led Zep, and metal for most of the 80's (Yea, I admit it)

It is amazing how many ex-punks there are in the tiki scene tho'...I'd say about 90 %

Anyway, don't matter where you've been, only where you're goin' :)

I agree with tikiyaki Jim,
I am, was a rocker, metal head, and I sure as hell aint into Jimmy Buffet.

all the ex punkers just still want to feel like they are better than us.

pashaw indeed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

AS FOR YOUR WISE CRACK ABOUT MY B.O.-
F*** OFF! I HADN'T TAKEN A SHOWER IN 4 DAYS BECAUSE THEY CUT OFF OUR WATER AT OUR TRAILER PARK! WHATEVER DUDE...........

T

On 2008-08-24 01:34, bigtikidude wrote:

all the ex punkers just still want to feel like they are better than us.

pashaw indeed.

It's insecurity because they only know 3 chords and metal dudes actually learned how to play :o

Tony, how'z about a nice PBR ?

On 2008-08-24 07:10, martini kings wrote:
AS FOR YOUR WISE CRACK ABOUT MY B.O.-
F*** OFF! I HADN'T TAKEN A SHOWER IN 4 DAYS BECAUSE THEY CUT OFF OUR WATER AT OUR TRAILER PARK! WHATEVER DUDE...........

Tony, is THAT why you spent so much time in the pool? :lol:

is that why the pool was so salty? probably the creeps fault, creeps start playin, people cant control their bladders in da pool! hehehe yukyuk.

B

I guess I am in the wrong here. However, in my defence, the original poster of these comments led me to belive that the "kid", who started out as a fat 14 year old with a mohawk and zombie make-up, which led me to believe he was an attendees offspring, is actually a 17+ year old "adult" who is supposedly near drinking age(?)and crashed the party with X-number of friends, as evidenced by his/their lack of wrist bands. THIS puts a different light on the subject entirely. I will wait, in the future, for 50 TCers to post their comments before I add my own - that way I will have all the "facts" before I attempt to defend someone - should they need or deserve it. Man - you either have to pussy-foot around here all the time or else be a complete jerk. Either way I lose - oh well - that's life and it won't keep me from posting!

That was not some 14 to 17 year old mohawk sporting, misfit wearing,stinking teen/pre-teen with BO, that was Shell with a Smell!
Happy Post Tiki Oasis you all!
See you next year!
Smell in the Pacific, Pee Yoo!

On 2008-08-25 20:50, beadtiki wrote:
I guess I am in the wrong here. However, in my defence, the original poster of these comments led me to belive that the "kid", who started out as a fat 14 year old with a mohawk and zombie make-up, which led me to believe he was an attendees offspring, is actually a 17+ year old "adult" who is supposedly near drinking age(?)and crashed the party with X-number of friends, as evidenced by his/their lack of wrist bands. THIS puts a different light on the subject entirely. I will wait, in the future, for 50 TCers to post their comments before I add my own - that way I will have all the "facts" before I attempt to defend someone - should they need or deserve it. Man - you either have to pussy-foot around here all the time or else be a complete jerk. Either way I lose - oh well - that's life and it won't keep me from posting!

In other words, the Stinker wasn't a members' kid so nevermind the attempt to shame the complainant.

[ Edited by: floratina 2008-08-25 22:43 ]

Pretty much.........if you're a party crasher AND you stink, it's open season. Let's not get all humanitarian here, guys. We say worse things to our CLOSE friends than "You smell bad".

PLUS, rumor has it, that the group of party crashers this kid belonged to was the same group who stole the tikis and tried starting fights with legit Oasis attendees! Can anyone confirm or deny this? Where the hell was security when these assholes were around, anyway? Too busy telling us to "stand on the other side of the walkway" or some other busy-work b.s. No wristbands = get the hell thrown out!

S

i think the wristband thing is weird. i needed one my fam needed one, but during vending i saw lots without? i had to get my entire band one and their entire fams? they need to have security at every entrance then monitoring this shit. i i also say, maybe make it a closed event. once its sold out kaplooey! thats it, you snooze you loose! 3 hotels and open to outsiders becomes a lot of people, which in one way covers all costs, but it also creates a lot more possibilities for problems. as far as the creeps, we will play for any amount of guests, and dancing will still arise. we cant help it. "we never thought of ourselves as creeps, we just love to creep!" at least there was no violence! sheeze!

Last years Oasis had better security at all entrances.
I forgot to put my wristband on, and the guy stopped me and said that I needed one., I said oh its here in my wallet, and he got all bent and asked me why I didn't have it on.
this year, I hardly saw anybody guarding entrances, and the ones that were.
were partying and drinking and talking and not paying attention,

not that I really care, just saying.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I agree - last year we stayed at a different hotel across Hotel Circle and stayed away from the Saturday vending because we didn't have wristbands. If only we had known no one was checking! It would have been so easy to walk right through the lobby into the courtyard without a wristband. The only place I saw security at all was in the walkway by the indoor vending room (is that the Kona Coast Room? I forgot) and they were just talking amongst themselves, not paying any attention to anyone that walked through. In fact, I don't think anyone even looked twice at my wristband all weekend. In the NorCal room on Saturday night, we ran into a guy that had come to the hotel with his Marine buddies from Camp Pendleton, because they had heard there was a "big party" at the hotel. He was a nice enough guy and all, but when you start thinking that he and his buddies were going from room to room drinking for free, and the rest of us had to buy tickets that cost up to $140 apiece, plus at least $500 for the rooms (I have NO idea what those suites cost but it had to be at least double that!) - it's slightly annoying that pretty much anyone can walk in and shop, or drink, or dance to the Creepy Creeps for free.

Sorry for the thread derailment Dave, you guys were definitely the breakout stars of Oasis 8. I love the Ghastly Ones dearly, but we knew what to expect from them!

MT

Hey, I thought this thread was to pick on the smelly kid! But if we are griping about security, I do have a minor gripe or two.

Yeah, I had to politely bounce those Camp Pendleton guys from our NorCal room party. They showed up right at the end, and luckily it was right after we ran out of booze. I had just topped off the Finknik's cups with the last of the Corpse Revivor, to make sure they were well lubricated as they staggered off into the night, thinking that the party was over, and as they were walking out, all of a sudden this large group of non wrist band wearing party crashers roll into the NorCal Suite, demanding booze. I told them that we were all out, which they didn't believe. I had to show them all of the empty bottles. We literally were out of all booze, juices, and mixers! The only thing left in the hizzle was half a bottle of Tommy Bahama Coconut Rum, donated by Otto. I told the guy it was either that, or nothing. He chose nothing. But that didn't stop them from swiping my Tiki Oasis 7 Hawaii-A-Go-Go chimney glass as they walked out. How rude!!! And it was a dirty used glass to boot!

But that was nothing compared to that homeless bum that kept crashing our party, and all of the Oasis event, the guy that we kept jokingly referring to as Tiki Trav's dad. We had to bounce him a good half dozen times from the NorCal Suite, and he still kept coming back! He managed to sneak back in when the party crashers left, and I actually heard him exclaim as he stretched out onto the sofa "Yeah, this is a pretty cool room - I think I'll stay here for a while." Whether that meant the night, or week or month, I'll never know, because I promptly had to bounce his homeless ass out of the NorCal Suite as well, as he all of a sudden pretended to not be able to hear me tell him to get the fuck out.

And only then did the security guard appear, to investigate some complaint about a glass falling off the railing of the 8th floor (maybe it was my missing Chimney Glass). I told him that our party was over, which was evident because I was the only one in the room, but if he wanted something to do, why not bounce that homeless guy that keeps crashing our party? I easily pointed him out, because he kept walking past the entrance to our room suite, peering in, like a shark circling, ready to strike. I also pointed out that the guy has no wrist band, and has been crashing the entire event all weekend without paying, and was obviously, well, homeless. And the security guard just let out a big sigh, like he'd actually have to do some real work. He said that he'd talk to the guy, which he did, but as far as his actions on making the dude leave, well, he did was absolutely nothing.

And that kind of sucks for the rest of us that paid for tickets, rooms, hotel suites, made efforts to decorate, and provided booze and what-nots for other attendees. Evidently that same homeless dude crashed the vending area, dragging his carvings in without paying one red cent for vending fees, and that's not fair to the rest of the vendors, or to Otto.

Anyways, I'm not bent out of shape on the party crashers moshing or drinking my booze - when you throw a party at a semi-public event, you have to expect those kinds of things to happen. But I am in agreement with Dave that maybe this should be a closed event, especially when the hotel is sold out. It definitely had that feeling last year, when I went left the hotel to run some errands for Otto and others, and when I came back, Hotel Security was NOT going to let me back in, because I had not picked up my wristband yet.

Oh, and hey, wasn't this originally a thread about how the Creepy Creeps rocked Tiki Oasis? :D Hey Dave, did you get my PM on how can I buy some Creepy Creeps merchandise?

TT

On 2008-08-26 15:01, Mai Tai wrote:

But that was nothing compared to that homeless bum that kept crashing our party, and all of the Oasis event, the guy that we kept jokingly referring to as Tiki Trav's dad.

What can I say? I come from a long line of homeless drunks. This was what went down.....

"Well, I knew that snake was my own sweet dad
From a worn-out picture that my mother'd had,
And I knew that scar on his cheek and his evil eye.
He was big and bent and gray and old,
And I looked at him and my blood ran cold
And I said: "My name is Tiki Trav' How do you do!
Now your gonna die!!"

R

On 2008-08-26 15:01, Mai Tai wrote:
But that was nothing compared to that homeless bum that kept crashing our party, and all of the Oasis event, the guy that we kept jokingly referring to as Tiki Trav's dad.

I couldn't help but think of that... :lol:

ANYWAY, back on topic -- Creepy Creeps rawked! :D

TT

I'm 29, that must be the photo sequence from Oasis 06

Thanks for nothin Rav

a lot of you are asking about merch. we are rereleasing our first lp with a cd( for the first time)! the repress will have a different cover front and back, and a different color vinyl(black and green split). it will have a cd where as the first press did not, and there were never cd's of this album released before now! $12 for the pair.these records will be released halloween night at our show at the bar pink formerly the bar pink elephant in san diego ca! we are so glad that you guys all dug it! a top show for sure! maybe the best! super fun guys!

A
V<
http://www.davewarshaw.com

[ Edited by: sleestak 2008-08-27 23:20 ]

Please keep us posted on your Halloween gig and any other gigs you might have. Especially if your in the L.A. / O.C. area.

Spermy Said:
Please keep us posted on your Halloween gig and any other gigs you might have. Especially if your in the L.A. / O.C. area.

Sweet!!! I dont have plans for Halloween....
Spermy, Car pool????

I'm driving, you going?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-08-28 20:28 ]

H

Here's a low res shoddily shot clip I just uploaded to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzXWhRorI4

I love how the keyboard looks like it's gonna topple over.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2008-09-03 21:15 ]

good times indeed,
thanks for posting that great reminder sir.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sleestack, come back to sg101 please.

Pages: 1 2 79 replies