Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

The special Tiki Halloween Drink

Pages: 1 9 replies

Your suggestions: What would you drink for a special Tiki Halloween Drink?

RB

A Zombie, of course!

Forbidden Island had this great pumpkin drink one year around Halloween. Perhaps someone could post the recipe ... ?

On 2008-10-31 10:31, dangergirl299 wrote:
Forbidden Island had this great pumpkin drink one year around Halloween. Perhaps someone could post the recipe ... ?

The Voodoo Priestess:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21601&forum=1

Forbidden Island also has a drink called the Corpse Canonizer I hear. That's Halloween appropriate! :)

P

In addition to the Zombie and Voodoo Priestess, I make one that I call "Halloween Grog".

Technically it is not a grog because there is no lime juice. This is a hot drink.

You will need:

• Spiced Apple Cider, heated
  • 1 oz aged gold rum or bourbon
  • 1/2 oz 151 demerrara rum
  • 1 tsp Benedictine
  • a little sliver of butter (maybe 1/4 pat)
  • 1 cinnamon stick

I usually make this in an Irish Coffee glass. Heat the apple cider in a pot or microwave. Put the ingredients into the glass and then fill the glass with the hot cider, which will melt the butter. Stir with the cinnamon stick as a swizzle stick. If you have some, add a dash of pimento dram for a little added spiciness.

G

On 2008-10-31 17:37, PiPhiRho wrote:
In addition to the Zombie and Voodoo Priestess, I make one that I call "Halloween Grog".

That sounds quite good and I must give it a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Just great! I had to drink a Zombi at Halloween - no way missing that - and i realized again that i WON'T drink it next year :o!
I think I said that already too many times :wink:

I make a Painkiller (3X) with a TBSP of organic pumpkin puree in the mix. After blending, it gets poured into a small hollowed out pumpkin filled with crushed ice and topped with the requisite cinn. and nutmeg.

For garnish, I make eyeballs: lychee fruit filled with raspberry or strawberry jam and a blueberry for the iris. The bloody eyeball is then skewered to the pumpkin.

I'll try to find pics if anybody wants. I usually make these in bulk.

S

The Voodoo Priestess is really good!!!! Mixed up a couple last night. MMMMMMMMM. Definitely earning a spot in the rotation.

[ Edited by: Staredge 2008-11-09 10:18 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies