Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Wonderland III Dec.6 @ the Tonga Hut

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

O

Cool show! Awesome bowl Squid, the Mai Tai that Jeremy served in it was great.

I'd really like to know what this Tiki does to some people!

Then again.... Maybe not.

Hey Grog, what does the card say? I can't tell?

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-12-08 12:03 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 7, 2008 10:16 PM

On 2008-12-07 21:54, Ojaitimo wrote:

It's pretty washed out in the photo, so it's hard to tell.

Thats rude,
tsk tsk tsk.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 12:25 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CLASSIC!
Glad you got your funnybone back,GROG!
Thanks to Jeremy and the Tonga Hut and all the artists for making this
a funfunfun event!
Thank you to gonegoannas and Megan and Stacey and TikiMango for pickin up some paintings!
and all you others who asked questions/looked thru drawings/and were generally nice to me!
Had a few friends from the past stop by and they were amazed by the scene!
Our energy is contagious!
Tobunga's booth was a sight to behold!
That boy needs his own store!
and TikiTony's work was awesome,as always
two lucky folks walked away with great pieces!
Danny's work was Grade-A,as usual
but his smile gets an A-plus!
Squids-sorry Ernie cut your table in half!
and a little small teeny thank you to Ernie....
because he ruined our Professor Hoggly Woggly plans!
GRRRRR!
Happy Holidays y'all!

Thanks for a swell time folks, good to see ya all. I split early with a headache from HELL , sorry.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 9:25 AM

That was probably from having to put up with Ruzic.

Anyone take any pics of Al giving little Davey a SantaRide?
funny AND creepy at the same time!
kinda like Ernie...
without the "funny"...
:lol:

O

On 2008-12-07 22:16, GROG wrote:

No, the writing isn't that big but thanks for trying. More like this but it starts with Grog instead of Celine.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-12-08 13:00 ]

R

On 2008-12-07 22:16, GROG wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goooooood times......

Did anyone lose a Drunken Monkey?

MAHALO GROG!!!! Thanks for hawking my wares!
Looks like there was a ton of great art there. Thanks to everyone that went out to support the event and the artists--looks like it was a blast!! All Hail GROG!

On 2008-12-08 21:32, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
MAHALO GROG!!!! Thanks for hawking my wares!
Looks like there was a ton of great art there. Thanks to everyone that went out to support the event and the artists--looks like it was a blast!! All Hail GROG!

Grog even signed one of your prints for me. What a guy! :lol:

Thanks again Grog for putting this on and having us.

TH

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for coming out to the art show. Sorry I missed it- I was in bed with a cold. I heard it was a great time and from the photos I can see its true. Thanks to Ernie for curating the show, thanks to all the artists for participating and to DJ Lee for the music, thanks to my staff (Trevor was out sick too), thanks to all of you for supporting the Tonga Hut and the artists and finally thanks to Jeremy for holding down the fort.

Cheers!

Ana

Good times were had! Even though it was almost midnight when I made it way the heck up there, there was still art to be seen and people to drink with...thanks you guys for putting this on! I think from now on December should be known as Tiki Art Month...it seems like there is a new art event every weekend.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 7:37 AM

Just wanted to post this before too much time goes by...

THANKS ERNIE FOR ORGANIZING THIS EVENT!

Thanks also to the artists and DJ Lee. Can't forget to say Thanks to Jeremy and the staff of Tonga Hut as well.

How does one choose what to buy at these shows? I saw so many objet d'art that were beautiful, well executed and RARE that I can't help but wonder what all these treasures will be considered in the future, you know, genius pop artifacts or simple folk art? I know - BOTH - and these will be systematically collected by many. Hipsters of the future digging today's artists..hipsters not even born yet!

It's frustrating when you get paid twice a month and the art show falls between paychecks on an "off" week - you know what I mean?

At least I bought a cool swag lamp from Eric, bought more than a few cocktails from the Tonga Hut bar and my friends bought items to take home as well. We must support the tiki community as best we can when we can. Aloha!

T

Hey TikiG!
Mahalo for buying the lamp!

And a great big MAHALO to Grog for organizing the event and to Jeremy and Ana and everybody at the Tonga Hut for, well, being everybody at the Tonga Hut! Oh, and for hosting the event!

I had a great time! All the work was outstanding! I hardly had time take in all the great art.

The best, or at least most unusual part of the night was loading up my car with amazing (and well packed, and ENORMOUS) pieces of art from Kinny, Big Toe and Brad Parker to take over to Hollywood for the show this Friday.

I guess it's a good thing I'm so short, or Kinny's five foot pieces wouldn't have fit over the passenger seat... well, they barely did... I ended up scrunched down with a big box of art on my lap for the trip home.

Here's a few pix I managed to snap:

Manuel, Digitiki, Kirby and Joe Banks!

Big Toe and squid doing... er, something

Joe Banks and Squid

Manuel and me manning my table... look at all the tikijunk!

This is the first Tiki related event I've ever been to. I was introduced to the Tiki culture by a couple friends of mine that have been into it for some time now. I had a great time and met some very cool people. I am an artist myself, and that made me feel "at home" amongst these people. I'm sure I will be attending more events in the future. Thanks to the artists, all who were very approachable, and had no problem stopping to take a quick picture with me, and Tonga Hut for making my first experience a very memorable one. Mahalo!

Squid signing my "Bloody Haka PO'O" mug.

Me with Squid. Thanks, man!

Tiki Tony and I.

Me, Crazy AL, and Greg.

[ Edited by: FeekeeTiki 2008-12-11 11:49 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Dec 11, 2008 1:31 PM

Feekee in the house! Welcome to TC!

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Tonga Hut last weekend. I was stoked you finally got to meet/talk with some TC artists too.

Did Christie like the Heather Watts T-shirt you bought her?

We'll have to get together soon at the Trenton Tiki to work some more on the garage - spin some exotica records - drink some Mai Tais - create art, man! Will probably see you guys during Xmas holiday.

Cheers!

Thanks G. Yeah, Christina really likes the Heather Watts shirt. Yeah, we should all do something over the holidays.

CA

no attacking the Sant'er! f'n kids!

alright... Santer Rides were free fo da knotty kiddies..

i'll be sending a dry cleaning bill to this over excited kiddie

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies