Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

NEW YEAR'S EVE !!!

Not going to an exotic island this year for the Holidays ? Well, fear not, we're bringing the Tropical Vacation to YOU.

The Jungle Jetsetter's New Years Eve Ball starring the TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA !

Come ring in the New Year in Paradise with the Tikiyaki Orchestra at KONA in Huntington Beach, where we'll once again be taking over the Kona Room and Hidden Village for another Aloha-filled evening of Tiki, Exotic music, and fine food and cocktails

We'll be performing many new tunes from our upcoming CD, some cool covers and the Tikiyaki classics all in the amazing Tiki Paradise of KONA restaurant.

Joining us will be the exotic and intoxicating Dancing Tehani performing her own brand of Hula and bellydancing, the Eliminators, an amazing classic style surf band from OC (http://www.theeliminators.com) and DJ BigTikiDude spinning surf,exotica, Hawaiian and lounge all night.

Doors at 8:00
The Eliminators at 9:00
Tikiyaki Orchestra : 2 sets starting at 10:15 and 11:30.

NEW !!! - We'll also have a limited number of hand carved wooden official Tikiyaki Orchestra Pendants, carved right here in the USA.
An amazing deal at only $10

You can purchase your tickets online via Paypal at http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com or http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
Admission is $15 (plus $1 paypal fee)
KIDS 5 and under get in free.

KONA Restaurant (formerly Sam’s Seafood)
16278 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
1 mile south of Seal Beach Blvd.
(562) 592-1321

Get your tickets now !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-13 09:24 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-30 11:56 ]

CJ

I wanna go! Is there any sober drivers from the Los Angeles area that has room for 2?

On 2008-11-25 22:59, Coco Joe wrote:
I wanna go! Is there any sober drivers from the Los Angeles area that has room for 2?

KONA is trying to coordinate discount rates for the 2 motels next door so that people can stay overnight. I will be posting more details on that as soon as I get them.

tikiyaki wrote:

On 2008-11-25 22:59, Coco Joe wrote:

KONA is trying to coordinate discount rates for the 2 motels next door so that people can stay overnight. I will be posting more details on that as soon as I get them.

That is awesome. That's really cool of them to do that... pretty nice motels too!

It's like a little local vacation for anyone in the LA area. You can wake up and get Harbor House for breakfast and take a stoney walk on the beach down to the breakwall in front of Surfside...

If I wasn't already booked out that night myself, my wife and I would be definitely going to this!

I too would be at this if I hadn't already made plans to go out of town. Kona is walking distance from my place.

The tikiyaki orchestra! What better way to start the new year?

If anyone has not by now heard these guys, please mark your calendars. Tikiyaki orchestra is the "real deal" when it comes to exotica. Simply outstanding. JIm Bacchi is the very essence of tiki, and would have fit in perfect during the golden age of tiki along with Les, Martin and Arthur. When I hear the T.O., I think of fake cantonese food with lots of MSG and sweet and sour sauce....and I mean that in a good way!

On 2008-11-26 10:54, lucas vigor wrote:
The tikiyaki orchestra! What better way to start the new year?

If anyone has not by now heard these guys, please mark your calendars. Tikiyaki orchestra is the "real deal" when it comes to exotica. Simply outstanding. JIm Bacchi is the very essence of tiki, and would have fit in perfect during the golden age of tiki along with Les, Martin and Arthur. When I hear the T.O., I think of fake cantonese food with lots of MSG and sweet and sour sauce....and I mean that in a good way!

No better compliment than THAT as far as I'm concerned...I'm honored that you think of "Sweet and Sawah" when you think of the T.O. Thanx !

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :)

I'm so all over this.
great event.

do you know if Motorhomes are allowed to park in the Lot?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I saw that tickets must be bought online thru Myspace.
what if we dont have myspace or Paypal?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

sorry,problem copying post, to post on surfguitar101

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-11-26 23:40 ]

You can pay at the door, with a credit card too, but for advance tickets, Paypal is all we got right now.

what im saying is you might want to consider doing a paypal of advance tix on your web site.
So people don't have to join Myspace to buy tix.

Or am I assuming wrong, that you have to join myspace to do that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-11-27 10:43, bigtikidude wrote:
what im saying is you might want to consider doing a paypal of advance tix on your web site.
So people don't have to join Myspace to buy tix.

Or am I assuming wrong, that you have to join myspace to do that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Absolutely wrong, actually. You can just go to the MySpace page and buy tickets whether you're on MySpace or not.

The Website is under construction currently and a new site will be up very soon, so I'm using MySpace for everything until then.

Ah thanks for the clarification.

Jeff(Bigtikidude)

T

I just received an email from Bill from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers who was involved in a car accident a few days ago.
Unfortunately, he sustained some injuries that will prohibit him from playing the show on New Year's Eve.

We are currently looking for a band to fill in for them, so I will post the update when I find another band.

I hope this isn't an issue for those who've already purchased tickets. If so, please contact me at [email protected]

Here's wishing Bill a speedy recovery, and we're looking forward to getting a chance to do a show with The Glasgow Tiki Shakers in the future.

Mahalo

Jim

Wow, that sucks. Hope he recovers quickly.

Exotiki would love to share the bill with you guys... BUT... I have to play somewhere else on New Years already.

Yes here is wishing Bill a get well soon.
I know that the Tiki Crowd has always been receptive to the Glasgow Tiki Shakers.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CJ

Don't know Bill but I hope the dude's alright and i hope to see the rest of yous there.

Big Tiki Dude wanted me to ask if there's going to be any special mugs

Best Wishes to Bill for a Speedy Recovery!! My wish list would be: The Smokin Menehunes :)

TM

I would like that too, but Kevin and i are the only ones available out of our two bands.

On 2008-11-29 14:06, Coco Joe wrote:
Big Tiki Dude wanted me to ask if there's going to be any special mugs

I know my ugly mug will be there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

King Kukulele and the Freaky Tikis?

T

On 2008-11-28 16:56, tikiyaki wrote:
I just received an email from Bill from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers who was involved in a car accident a few days ago.
Unfortunately, he sustained some injuries that will prohibit him from playing the show on New Year's Eve.

We are currently looking for a band to fill in for them, so I will post the update when I find another band.

I hope this isn't an issue for those who've already purchased tickets. If so, please contact me at [email protected]

Here's wishing Bill a speedy recovery, and we're looking forward to getting a chance to do a show with The Glasgow Tiki Shakers in the future.

Mahalo

Jim

Here-Here! to a speedy recovery Bill! Bill is one of the un-sung greats of the Surf scene, Get well soon!

Hey Max!(Jims alter-ego folks) I'll see what I can do to gather a certain tiki friendly act from days gone by... no promises.

WHOO!

On 2008-11-30 21:11, Don Brewski wrote:

On 2008-11-28 16:56, tikiyaki wrote:

Mahalo

Jim

Here-Here! to a speedy recovery Bill! Bill is one of the un-sung greats of the Surf scene, Get well soon!

Hey Max!(Jims alter-ego folks) I'll see what I can do to gather a certain tiki friendly act from days gone by... no promises.

WHOO!

WHOO !

Don Brewski is on TC. One of the original Tiki Peeps from way back in the day. Welcome to TC and yea, I hope you can pull through on this...that'd be great.

T

UPDATE !

The Eliminators from Orange County will be on the bill and starting off the night. Classic style surf. Thanx to BigTikiDude for the hookup, and did I mention that the Big Guy will be spinning tunes all night ?

So there ya have it.

The Tikiyaki Orchestra with Dancing Tehani
The Eliminators
DJ Big Tiki Dude

Gonna be a great New Year's Eve.

WOOOHOOOO..
oh whooops
I mean yeeehaaaaa.

thanks Jim,
you da man,

so what time can people start showing up?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

On 2008-12-03 07:50, bigtikidude wrote:
WOOOHOOOO..
oh whooops
I mean yeeehaaaaa.

thanks Jim,
you da man,

so what time can people start showing up?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

People can show up for dinner in the dining room anytime, but doors to the Hidden Village and KONA room open at 8:00

The kitchen will be working late too.

KONA will have a set menu with 3 different choices that will include appetizer and dessert, starting at $25 (Price includes tax and gratuity !) and will be available until 10:00.

Appetizers will be available until 11:00 for those needing to further soak up the booze :)

There will be a complimentary champagne toast at 12:00 too of course.

So, compared to most other New Year's Eve events, this one will be very reasonably priced. We really tried to keep the prices very affordable in this tough economic time.

Hope to see all the TC folks there, so we can say thanx in person for a great first year for the Orchestra.

M

I would be there in a heartbeat, but luck would have it that i will be in Rome on New Years, who would have thought??? But im spreading the word that if for some reason you cant make it to Italy, that Kona is the place to be drinking bottles of bub when the 09 ball drops. Tikiyaki and Eliminators is one classy way to start the new year. Raise a glass for me boys!

T

Thanx Mongo, you and the misses will be missed.

Paisan ! you're going to the motherland !

Aloha,

Just got 2 tickets for New Year's Eve!
We Saw Tikiyaki at Bahooka's with Crazy Al
a while back and are now big fans!!!
Bought the CD and have been transported ever since.
See you at Kona's.

Keep up the great work!

Mahalo!

P.S. Hope to see Tikiyaki headlining at the new Trader Vic's LA in 09!

http://www.fluffshop.com

T

On 2008-12-03 16:23, Iokona Ki'i wrote:

P.S. Hope to see Tikiyaki headlining at the new Trader Vic's LA in 09!

That makes 2 of us.

This is going to be a fun show.

Tikiyaki for New Years eve folks!!!

so who's in?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

chirp chirp.......

On 2008-12-08 09:59, bigtikidude wrote:
chirp chirp.......

:lol: You guys must be getting hit by the economy too eh?

If its any consolation I did put the Tikiyaki Orchestra in my slideshow presentation for next years Hukilau event!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

For those who haven't noticed this is a really cheap evening for New Years Eve
Compared to most other events.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

N

Wow, I would LOVE to go to this!

T

For those of you not near Huntington Beach, or way out of towners who have reservations about driving down to Kona for this event, the Ocean View Motel http://www.oceanviewmotel-hb.com/ is stumbling distance from Kona, on the same side of the street...2 doors down, approx 500 ft away. So you can booze up on Mai Tais, and just stumble to back your Motel at the end of the night.

I called them and their rates for new year's Eve are $79 for a room (2 adults). Pretty Cheep. So you can stay at the Motel, and work off your New year's Day hangover with a walk on the beach, right across the street. Bring a sweatshirt tho', it will be chilly this time of year. These are lots of cool restaurants nearby, and a Starbucks about 500 feet in the other direction from Kona too.

Here's a map :

JB

Marty Lush will still need to be driven to motel.....that's a long walk after all those cocktails.

TM

Long live Tikiyaki! The world's BEST exotica outfit!!!!!

You got Marty Lush!
You got Jim!
You got JonPaul
You got the ELIMINATORS!!

What more do ya need?

T

On 2008-12-08 17:12, Joe Banks wrote:
Marty Lush will still need to be driven to motel.....that's a long walk after all those cocktails.

We'll just leave him passed out on the floor of the bar at Kona.....Home Sweet Home.

TM

Marty Lush does not actually drink as much as people think............. he freezes it and eats it like a popsicle

T

On 2008-12-08 18:45, lucas vigor wrote:
Marty Lush does not actually drink as much as people think............. he freezes it and eats it like a popsicle

Lushcicles !

JB

tikiyaki wrote - "We'll just leave him passed out on the floor of the bar at Kona.....Home Sweet Home."

You know my motto..."Live and Let Lush".

[ Edited by: Joe Banks 2008-12-09 06:18 ]

TM

One time I was with Marty Lush in his basement, swimming...and he looked up at me, and I looked down at him.....

uh ok if you say so....
:roll:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-12-08 12:47, tikiyaki wrote:
So you can stay at the Motel, and work off your New year's Day hangover with a walk on the beach, right across the street. Bring a sweatshirt tho', it will be chilly this time of year. These are lots of cool restaurants nearby, and a Starbucks about 500 feet in the other direction from Kona too.

Yeah Harbor House or Woody's Diner would be really good for Breakfast the next morning, if they are open. They are across PCH and south about 100 yards or so.
I Think Harbor House is open 24/7, 365 days a year.
Also Seal Beach 2 miles UP PCH has some good places on Main St.
but who knows which will be open on New Years day.

I'm going to be House/Pet sitting for some friends in Seal Beach, so that Will be a big plus in not having to drive back up to Anaheim.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-12-09 10:33 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies