Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

TM

Marty Lush and I used to be in a singing group together, the "bayonne Baccalas".......

I reiterate,
uh....OK???
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Bayonne ?

Joisey ?

Jim added this info today for anybody that was wondering.
(KIDS 5 and under get in free.)

S

On 2008-12-09 11:33, bigtikidude wrote:
Jim added this info today for anybody that was wondering.
(KIDS 5 and under get in free.)

Good news - kids under 5 applies to most of us, right? All we have to do is get someone to buy the drinks.

Oh, by the way, Marty hinted a little bit about his outfit for New Year's - after all that basement swimming he just had to break this one out again:

TM

On 2008-12-09 10:57, tikiyaki wrote:
Bayonne ?

Joisey ?

You got it!

Bayonne-a new Jersey town
Baccala-salted fish

And all the rest of my expositions are quotes from the rat pack live album, and Frank Sinatra with the count basie orchestra-live at the sands...

Frank does a 15 minute semi-humorous monologue in between a song, where he talks about some of the musical acts he was involved with before he got famous, the "bayonne Baccalas" being one of them..just seems like things that go well with Marty Lush..."and now, direct from the bar, MARTY LUSH!!!"

Ahem!! so who's going to this?
Bueller? Bueller??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

On 2008-12-09 12:42, bigtikidude wrote:
Ahem!! so who's going to this?
Bueller? Bueller??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WE are!!

Lucas, you got a make over since Sun. huh?
or did you actually go in for that sex change?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

On 2008-12-09 12:49, bigtikidude wrote:
Lucas, you got a make over since Sun. huh?
or did you actually go in for that sex change?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It beats how I used to look, pre-operative...

hey I used to watch you on TV man,
what happened to your hair?
shame

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

On 2008-12-09 12:54, bigtikidude wrote:
hey I used to watch you on TV man,
what happened to your hair?
shame

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Carpy says...."don't touch!!"

H

On 2008-12-09 10:32, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm going to be House/Pet sitting for some friends in Seal Beach, so that Will be a big plus in not having to drive back up to Anaheim.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

AFTERPARTY!!

TM

Man, I'm from Van Nuys....I was BORN to drive!

On 2008-12-09 16:05, lucas vigor wrote:
Man, I'm from Van Nuys.

I'M sorry

...I was BORN to drive!

yeah I love to drive too,
but not Drunk,
and I really hate driving in Heavy traffic

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sounds like a great event!

T

Here's some of what you'll see New year's Eve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsCZF2bK10

Tikiyaki and the exotic Dancing of Tehani.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJnZJvF6JUI

"The enchanted Sea" at KONA.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-10 09:20 ]

The Eliminators want to wish Bill of The Glasgow Tiki Shakers a speedy recovery. Many thanks to The Tikiaki Orchestra for inviting The Eliminators to open the show. For those that know The Eliminators, you know the band usually plays some pretty loud high energy reverb drenched surf music. The band plans on blowing the roof off Kona!

Just kidding.... The Eliminators have put together a very nice, very mellow and very out of character calm set for this show. It will be something of a departure for the band. The band has dusted off some some classics and put together a set than even the non surf music aficionados should enjoy.

The Eliminators released their last CD, "Ultrasonic Surf Guitars" about 10 years ago. The band is presently in the studio working on a new CD. The band is looking forward to premiering several new songs from the 2009 CD at this show. We hope everyone will enjoy the show.

Thank you again to The Tikiyaki Orchestra for inviting us.

The Eliminators
http://www.myspace.com/theeliminatorssurfband

WoooooHooooo! We can't wait :)

Alright! Everything is clicked on and paid for! Bringing the fez for this one.

cool deal man,
see ya there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JB

Gettin' closer!

T

I'm very excited to see the Eliminators. Everything I've heard has been great. Man that's some nice gear you guys got....Swingin' Jackets too !

They are one of the best surf bands around.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2008-12-11 10:06 ]

You guys are throwing salt on my wounds, i wish i could be in two places at once on that night!!!!

On 2008-12-11 14:52, Mongoloid wrote:
You guys are throwing salt on my wounds, i wish i could be in two places at once on that night!!!!

OK here's the plan...you come host half the night at my place while I go to Kona - then I'll cover you while you sneak off. Make sure your guests are drunk enough that no one notices you leaving.

Sigh it could have worked.....

Just got our tix and room reserved - can't wait to see you all there!
teresa & tim

JB

Is there going to be a room crawl at this motel?

GT

Dani and I are Very Happy to be going, Close to home! I'll bring your TCGM mini bowl Jim, Thank You!

I have a room as well... the crawling checkbox was enabled when I registered online. I have a king bed, and despite my best pickup lines, don't need all that space. Someone* is more than invited to crash there if need be.

*Warning - if that 'someone' is female, any male 'someone' that prearranged accommodations will be bumped... In accordance to tiki law.

now the people are comin out of the wood work,
tell a friend,tell a relative,
this is a cheap NYE event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JB

On 2008-12-11 21:07, bigtikidude wrote:
now the people are comin out of the wood work,
tell a friend,tell a relative,
this is a cheap NYE event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I don't think Marty Lush likes to be called "cheap".

BigTikiDude....You better be good the security for the night is confirmed!

Just two more weeks....

[ Edited by: Eliminators 2008-12-14 10:08 ]

On 2008-12-13 12:07, Hinano_Paul wrote:

Yes, confirmed. The Moai mafia (aka the Wall of Tapa) will be on the job, providing security for the Tiki Peeps.

The Moai Mafia. They say their shadow once killed a dog!

The Moai Mafia: You don't walk with them. You walk "among" them.

2 Tickets bought, see ya there...
Ran

What?
I'm always good.
even when I'm bad baby.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tixs purchased and room reserved, now I just gotta wait... grrr!

Did I hear someone mention a room crawl at the Oceanview Motel?

On 2008-12-15 09:45, lucas vigor wrote:

Tikiyaki!!!! The Godfather of Exotica!!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2008-12-15 09:47 ]

Moai Mafia, Paul Castellano, Jimmy “Whispers” Tikiyaki, Oceans 11 style New Years Eve party at a tiki bar similar to the “Do I Amuse you” scene from Goodfellas, surrounded by objects carved with chainsaws. Things are starting to add up. Keep an eye on who’s kissing who on the cheek, the tiki cosa nostra will be well represented. Tiki is very similar to mafia, your in for life, nobody gets out!!

On 2008-12-14 10:38, tikiyaki wrote:

Yes, confirmed. The Moai mafia (aka the Wall of Tapa) will be on the job, providing security for the Tiki Peeps.

2 of the few people that make me feel small.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

heyoooo

bump

JB

Bumpity-bump

I sat in on a meeting with Tikiyaki and the Eliminators last night in the Outrigger Bar at Kona. The Eliminators are stoked for this event and are putting the word out big time to their fans and friends. Tikiyaki has a few email blitzes ready to go as well.

Bottom line...If you are on the fence about going to this very cool NYE event, then it's time to act and get your tickets before they sell out. $15 per person is about the least expensive NYE ticket I've ever seen. Jim (Tikiyaki) is doing that because he wants everyone to have a chance to attend and event like this and have cash left over for dinner, drinks and souvenirs. Whatta guy!

Someday we'll be sitting in a tiki bar somewhere going, "Remember when we got to spend New Year's Eve with the Tikiyaki Orchestra at Kona and it only cost $15? Yeah, now we gotta get lucky to catch them when they're in town at some upscale swanky dinner club!"

This may be your last chance to see a class exotica act and spend time in the historic Hidden Village (formerly Sam's Seafood). The future is uncertain for Kona, so don't let this be something you kick yourself over for not going down the road! And bring your cameras!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies