Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra - New Year's Eve at Kona - Ticket Sales End at 12:00 Midnight TONIGHT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

CJ

On 2008-12-30 14:20, tikiyaki wrote:
Just added to the door prizes.

A classic SWEET Sam's Seafood Menu from the 1990's...

and a Green Tiki Farm Sam's Seafood Mug

Yes please

[ Edited by: Eliminators 2008-12-30 15:22 ]

thanks for Posting those pics Tim,

as for breakfast at Harbor House the next morning.
they will be open,
they said that they will be busy, and
its best if we can call ahead that morning.
and let them how many and what time we will be there.
I said prob 20 ish, at 11 am ish.
she said thanks, but to call thurs. morning.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

GT

Looking forward to tonights show, Jim said it would be cool to offer up something for the raffle, It's a Go Tiki swizzle stick holder, The Swizzler! Keep your swizzle sticks and other goodies nice and tidy on your tiki bar, Thank You Jim, Mahalo! Gogo

I'd also like to donate something to the raffle.

Limited edition print (25)
Title: More Rum!
Artist: Doug Horne
Size: 12X12

Cheers!

We too would like to donate this for the raffle...

Fluff Moonlight Hula Traincase -- New with Tags.

http://www.fluffshop.com

ML

It was so great to see many of our friends there and to toast the New Year with our new friends! We had such a great time. We would also like to congratulate Soccer Tiki & WooHooWahine on their engagement--he popped the question at the show!!!

The Tikiyaki Orchestra would like to thank everyone who came out that night. We would also like to take this moment to thank all of your for your heart-felt support of us in 2008. We truly appreciate all the love and support we have got from all of you! You make it all worthwhile.

We would also like to take a moment send out an extra special Mahalo to those individuals who helped to make the evening possible and helped things to run smoothly that night:

::> Coco: Mystery from the East
::> Chuck Purrington and the entire Staff at Kona
::> The Moai Mafia and Mafia-ettes :
::> Soccer Tiki and WooHoo Wahine
::> Hinano Paul and Deanna
::> Tigerlily (Tiffany)
::> HipHipaHula (Kelly)
::> BigTiki Dude
::> Tehani
::> Steady Eddie
::> The Eliminators
::> VooDoo Rum (Event Sponsor)

Door Prize Donations :
::> Doug Horne
::> GoTiki
::> Fluffshop.com
::> The Eliminators

T

Wow, what an amazing night.

I don't think I've ever had a show with that much stuff going on.

The Eliminators
Tikiyaki Orchestra with Dancing Tehani
Super Cool door prize giveaways - Go Tiki, Doug Horne, Fluffstore, Sam's Seafood Swag....
and a wedding proposal. (Congratz Soccer and WooHoo - So is the wedding going to be in the Hidden Village or what ?)

Thanx everyone for a memorable New year's Eve. Lush already posted the thank you list of people who helped. We really appreciate the help.

Just want to say thank you to the TC Ohana for a SPECTACULAR first year. To think it's was only 8 months ago that we had our first gig at Tiki Farm.

Well, back to work on Album # 2. Hopefully we can squeeze in another gig too.

Happy New Year !!!

Soccer Tiki!!! You asked that fine woman to be your bride?! GOOD FOR YOU! I'm happy for you both! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I'm thinking the Tikiyaki Orchestra better play at your wedding...

I'll add my congrats to Soccer Tiki and WhooHoo! How exciting for you! Looking forward to seeing some more party pics, too! xo, Kiki v.

Congrats Chris & Karen!!! Hugs! I am so excited for you! Wahda rock too!

GREAT times Tikiyaki Orch. Thank You Jim & the guys, Soccer, Whoohoo, Tigerlily, Paul & Mrs. Lurker for making sure we all had a good time. That was a blast! Gogo & Dani A Trillion Thanks!! I loved being your designated driver & camping out with ya in H.B. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 Everyone!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-01-02 00:41 ]

Soccer and WOOHOO engaged?
:)
It's about time!

you can do a LOT better,Karen!
:lol:

Seriously,Congratulations you two!
that's two members of the Moai Mafia that are hitched..
Anyone want to volunteer
and marry that last member?

Good Friends + Great Food & Drinks + Great Tunes = The Jettsetter's New Year's Eve Ball at Kona. Little did I know, that when Marty the Lush called my raffle ticket number that SoccerTiki would be down on his knee asking me, "WooHoo will you?" All I could say was "WOOOOHOOOOO!"
Mucho Mahalo to Jim Bacchi, Marty the Lush, and everyone else who helped put this event together. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Happy 2009!!

P.S. Thanks for all your Congratulation Wishes. I can't wait to be Mrs. Soccertiki :)

What a bunch of dorks.

TM

Of all the events i had to miss......I missed a golden, historic moment! Woo hoo and soccer! Just glad there was pictures!

T

WOW! What a New Year's Eve! The Eliminators and Tikiyaki Orchestra were AWESOME!

Congratulations to Karen and Chris!

Here's some pix from the nite:

The morning after........

Check out GOGO with a beer for breakfast!
MY HERO!

CJ

I yelled at the bartenders, servers, and was pissed that girls were dancing.

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2009-01-02 13:29 ]

On 2009-01-02 12:47, Coco Joe wrote:

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2009-01-02 13:29 ]

Go Go leggo my man's nanner!

ML

T

Aww, that Tikiyaki Pancake Breakfast looks like it was FUN! Were was it held? It looks nice and bamboo-y... and are there tikis there?

Too bad we missed it, but I didn't get up until well after noon on the first... Well, I got up once at 9am, took some aspirin and drank a big glass of water for my throbbing head, and crawled back in bed. I guess that's what happens when one hits the sack sometime after 5am...

And that big ape! I remember seeing a gorilla running around on New Year's Eve and not really thinking it was that out of the ordinary until I saw the pix posted here... Wow! We need more gorillas at all the tiki events!

T

Wow, what a freakin fantastic night. I still recuperating. Thank you to Tikiyaki Orchestra and Kona's for allowing us to ring in 2009 with style. I watched the waiters run back and forth to the kitchen working their bottoms off and the bartender was friendly the entire night, including when I asked for a water when he was closing up. Our food arrived with in ten minutes of ordering. I had a great night so many friendly new and also familiar faces.
Congratulations to Woohoo and Soccer Tiki. He really pulled it off!! Woohoo had no idea nor did the rest of us. I also can't forget the hot Gorilla, yummy. I'm really looking forward to 2009.

Wow what a Great NIght/ and Historic Event,
Thanks to Tikiyaki for having me DJ,and asking me for the Eliminators suggestion, that means a lot to me.

sorry we didnt make it to the Harbor House Breakfast,
we went to Busters, as there was a kid, and we needed a mellower roomier place for her to run around, and some of our group wanted booze for breakfast
asap.
:wink:

Good times indeed.
lets do it again soon.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

We hope The Eliminators met everyones expectations. The band has played some big gigs over the years, opening for the likes of Dick Dale, Chris Isaak & Jimmy Buffett. This ranks among The Eliminators all time favorite gigs. Thanks for such a warm welcome & your enthusiasm.

H

On 2009-01-02 15:15, tobunga wrote:

And that big ape! I remember seeing a gorilla running around on New Year's Eve and not really thinking it was that out of the ordinary until I saw the pix posted here... Wow! We need more gorillas at all the tiki events!

Actually if you take a look at past Tiki events, the gorilla is somewhat of a traditional fixture. However if what you meant was "more gorillas" is in a per capita sort of way, then yes, absolutely. I think everyone would be happy to see a dozen or more gorillas running around at one time.

T

Jeez...judging by these photos....what a bunch of sourpusses you all are. :P

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-01-02 15:42 ]

PiPhiRho - Mahalo for the Most Incredible New Years Day Ramos Fizzs :) WooHoo what a way to start off the New Year :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-01-02 18:03 ]

T

I must say that I had the best New Years EVER . Everyone did a great job setting this up .The Eliminators set the tone for the night . That was one of the tightest sets Ive seen so close . The Orchestra was great as always but what a treat to hear some new songs from the upcoming album . I thought everyone there was awesome and in a great mood and having fun . Soccer tiki blew us away with his proposal .It was fun throwing party favors to the crowd too. Then I rushed back to the room to put on my trusty gorilla suit and banana while everyone was getting plastered . You should have seen their faces when they turned around to see a 6 foot and 1 inch Simian growling at them . Too much fun . The next morning was great as we all went to breakfast with me and Kinniki. Hell , I even got molested by Tigerlily and Woohoo while we were waiting for a table . Happy 2009 to all of you and have a great tiki year.

The Pineappleman and his gal had a great time on New Years Eve

Here are some of my pics from the night

]

[ Edited by: Tiki Kiniki 2011-08-27 17:28 ]

Mahalo to all involved in putting this event on. My wife and I don't go out on New Years Eve very often and we are so glad we did. We saw many friends there and had a great time. The food was good (when it finally arrived!) and the drinks were potent! Thanks for the info about the local motels too! The scariest part of the evening was walking in the pea-soup fog along PCH back to the motel! Our new tiki pendants must been protecting us!

We picked up the Tikiyaki Orchestra CD and have placed it heavy rotation mixed in with the rest of our Lyman and Denny collection. Nicely done gentlemen!

We wish you all the best in 2009!

-Surfbeatnik

[ Edited by: surfbeatnik 2009-01-03 05:21 ]

CJ

before we left we talked with the owner who is a really nice guy. he stated him and his wife are going to try hard and keep the place open but wasn't sure how long it would last (1-2 months). Everyone should go and support this place before it becomes a shopping plaza, condos, or another Zoobee's

On 2009-01-03 12:31, Coco Joe wrote:
before we left we talked with the owner who is a really nice guy. he stated him and his wife are going to try hard and keep the place open but wasn't sure how long it would last (1-2 months). Everyone should go and support this place before it becomes a shopping plaza, condos, or another Zoobee's

Yes, Yes, Yes,.....Kona needs our support. They have great happy hour specials & dinner specials all week long. http://www.konahb.com/ When you go in let them know you are from TC. They will appreciate your support.

On 2009-01-03 12:40, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2009-01-03 12:31, Coco Joe wrote:

Yes, Yes, Yes,.....Kona needs our support. They have great happy hour specials & dinner specials all week long. http://www.konahb.com/ When you go in let them know you are from TC. They will appreciate your support.

and... YES! Kona is Looking for INVESTORS says Chuck to me last night WOULD YOU LOVE TO OWN A TIKI RESTURANT/BAR.. WOW! Please call Direct!!

We were late for Breakfast (as usual) at Harbor House but we made it like noon lol... good times with Holden, Chris, Karen, Ray & Cindi, Gogo & Dani, Paul, Tiff... and off to Turks!

Special Memories: I can't believe it's been 5 years since SoccerTiki Popped The Question @ The Tikiyaki Show.....Woohoo!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies