Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA - Tiki Resort - 9/18-20, 2009 - Lake George, NY

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies

On 2009-07-07 08:22, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Alright, I'm in. Booked my room across the street and several friends from Fort Lauderdale and Miami will be joining me. Not to mention all the greats from NY!! Looking forward to attending an event instead of working it!!

Yeeeaaaahhhh!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Awesome! Good advice! Six Flags can wait! Bring on those infamous shenanigans :)

B

I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now, but Ohana is currently SOLD OUT.

We're still hoping to add some more seats to the EARLY dinner show in the near future. Those on our waiting list will get first crack at any new or freed up tickets. If you haven't got tickets and want them, go to http://www.luauatthelake.com/tickets.html and sign up for the waiting list.

We may also be offering tickets WITHOUT the dinner show at a reduced price to those on our waiting list, and if dinner seats become available, non-show ticket holders will have first crack at upgrading to full Ohana tickets.

Oh, and while I'm talking about the dinner show, there is still some confusion there. Your Ohana ticket INCLUDES dinner at the Polynesian show. Thats right, polynesian floor show AND food, specially prepared for us (tax & gratuity included!). It does NOT include cocktails at the dinner show. Those are on you. And be sure to tip on the drinks; the included gratuity is only for the show/food.

Add in the 8 musical performances and all the other stuff we've got going on, and I GUARANTEE you its the best value for your entertainment dollar this year. Its our Tiki recession buster!!!

And you need to be there!!! Go sign up for the waiting list now!

See you at the Lake!

http://www.luauatthelake.com

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2009-07-08 07:04 ]

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2009-07-08 07:21 ]

B

For those who don't get our email updates, allow me to introduce you to George, the limited edition Ohana event mug:

Pretty freakin' sweet huh? Our pal Squid designed, and is making them. His work is the Shiznite!! (check it out here: http://www.squidart.com )

So, George is gonna be available ONLY to attendees of Ohana. He'll be $40, comes with a signed and numbered COA, and will be limited to a run of 150.

He'll be on sale on the Ohana website in a few weeks, and will be available for pickup when you get your event passes at Ohana.

If you still want to come to Ohana, but haven't bought tickets, we've started a waiting list. Come sign up & we'll see if we can get you in : http://www.luauatthelake.com/tickets.html

Mahalo!!

And we'll see ya at the Lake!!

S

Dat's a good lookin' mug!

This event will be fantastic !!!

The only thing that will make the mug even better would be a nice rum drink inside it. Hmmm...time to open Photoshop. :P

B

Ok, just a heads up to our potential guests, without tickets.

The NON-Dinner show, event-ONLY tickets, will go on sale next week to those who are on our waiting list.

And again, its our hope that seats will open up for the dinner shows, and those with event-only passes will get first offer to upgrade to FULL passes.

The event only passes will be $45, and if you want one, go join our waiting list at http://www.luauatthelake.com/tickets.html

Thanks for all the support, and we'll see you at the Lake!!!

K

Weren't there outdoor grills available for cooking on the premises? Those folks skipping dinner could produce their own little luau supper! That or order a bunch of Hawaiian pizza's!

Great point Kiki!!

There are indeed grills out near the pool, so guests who cant join us for dinner can create their own little island feast (although you may want to bring some tin foil to cover the grill...or a really good grill brush! lol )

In addition, I should point out that guests who don't make it into dinner get something that no one else does: They get the opportunity to see BOTH uke performances in the Paradise Lounge. Dinner guests will be at the dinner for one or the other, but non-dinner guests will get to see both Pablus AND the Granite Tiki!!

And still participate in all the other events & shows!

Its still my hope that I can get EVERYONE into dinner, but even if you don't make it in this year, its a pretty fantastic weekend full of music, entertainment, vendors, raffles, auctions, mini-golf, cocktails, and friends, for under $50 bucks!!

I have a room to share in the Tiki Motor Inn
Room for one person Friday and Saturday night

B

Some more updates!!

As most of you should know, the Pearls of Paradise dinner shows are both completely full. There just isn’t enough time in the day to add a third show on Saturday night (you’d be eating dinner after midnight!!), so we're going ahead with the Event-Only passes at a discounted rate ($45).

These passes get you everything a full pass does, minus the dinner show on Saturday night. And there are still performers and activities going on concurrent with the dinner shows, so there will be no lack of entertainment and company.

As mentioned above, The Tiki also has a couple of grills out on its grounds, so if the mood strikes you, you can create your own Polynesian feast. Or order from one of the many fabulous restaurants in the area and have them deliver you dinner, or even take a walk downtown to grab a bite (although then you’ll miss the live Hapa Haole in the Paradise Lounge!)

If dinner seats become available, guests with Event-Only passes will be the first to be offered them. They will be offered in the order that you signed up for them.

I’m still trying to arrange for more seating at each of the two dinner shows, and if all goes well, we could have up to 30 more seats available. I can’t guarantee that this will happen, but I’m trying my best. If it does, we'll ask that you just pay the $30 difference, and we'll upgrade you to a FULL Pass.

If you’d like to purchase Event-Only passes, you can do so here:

http://luauatthelake.com/eventonly.html

The number of Event-Only passes is limited, so if you want to guarantee a spot at Ohana, I’d suggest purchasing them soon.

Thanks for your patience, and keep your eyes here for a few more special announcements soon!

Mahalo, and we’ll see you at the Lake!

And the hits just keep on coming!!

We've signed on two more sponsors; Folly Cove Rum (and yes, there should be samples available at the event for tasting...right from the cask!!!) and Dole.

Dole will also have reps at Ohana with samples & freebies, and even better, they're sponsoring a Cocktail Creation Contest.

So all you mixologists, start honing your skills, and make a nice drink with some Dole products in it.

More details to come about these and more really soon.

See ya at the Lake!!

http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

K
Kahu posted on Fri, Jul 31, 2009 2:32 PM

On 2009-07-31 10:26, Bargoyle wrote:
And the hits just keep on coming!!

We've signed on two more sponsors; Folly Cove Rum (and yes, there should be samples available at the event for tasting...right from the cask!!!) and Dole.

Dole will also have reps at Ohana with samples & freebies, and even better, they're sponsoring a Cocktail Creation Contest.

So all you mixologists, start honing your skills, and make a nice drink with some Dole products in it.

More details to come about these and more really soon.

See ya at the Lake!!

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!

B

More announcements:

Designer of the George Mug (on sale soon), and all around badass, Squid, is coming to Ohana...

So lock up your daughter
And lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess around **

lol

And, he's not coming empty handed. He's bringing Official Ohana Pendants so be sure to save up some cash, you're gonna want one, trust me.

Also, his company, Castaway Ceramics is onboard as a sponsor, so we'll be auctioning / raffling off some of the cool mugs they're knocking out over there.

Still lots more to come!

See ya at the Lake!!

**-Now I've totally got AC/DC stuck in my head! :wink: lol

H

Bargoyle, you and your Queequeg compatriots are really knocking it out of the park with this one! This is shaping up to be an amazing event!

S

Don't they do the dinner show on Friday night too? Can't people just plan to go to that one since the Saturday show is full? I'd like to come but can't make the decision just yet. If I need to come a day early or stay a day later to see the dinner show too, I'm okay with that. They website shows it almost every night this month.

[ Edited by: Swanky 2009-08-06 12:01 ]

T

Maybe it's only on Saturdays during the off-season. Call 'em and find out. Oh and awesome news about Squid coming.

[ Edited by: Turbogod 2009-08-06 12:35 ]

On 2009-08-06 12:14, Turbogod wrote:
Maybe it's only on Saturdays during the off-season. Call 'em and find out.

[ Edited by: Turbogod 2009-08-06 12:17 ]

I think Turbogod is right about off-season. I'm sure a call to the resort will resolve the question.

For what it's worth, we were just at the Tiki, and the hostess gave me the impression that the dinner shows are only on Saturdays after Labor Day (they end in October). Of course, she's only there until the end of August, so she may not have the entire scoop.

S

Website seems to imply things change September 2nd.

B

Hey Swanky,

I'm not sure if they're doing a Friday show during Ohana. I dont believe so...90% of the hotel is our guests!! But they may...and if so, I cant wait to see the "norms" who are gonna wonder what the hell they've wandered into!! lol And even if they do have a Friday show, you'd miss Bamboo Saxotica, 9th Wave, AND Waitiki...not to mention the room crawl, by going to it!!!

As we stand right now (after a few cancellations), if I am able to add the extra seats to the dinner show, EVERYONE who is on our waitlist WILL get into dinner!!

I'm trying my best, and hope to have news on this within the next week!!

Plus I've got a ton of other stuff that I'm still sitting on, waiting to announce.... Some of which I may just keep to myself. Hey, we've gotta have some surprises at the event, right? lol.

Oh, and just wait till you see some of the goodies everyone's gonna get in their Swag Bags!!! I'm surprised I've been able to keep that stuff secret this long!! We gotta hurry up & get this event going, I cant keep this stuff to myself anymore!! lol.

See ya at the lake!!!

S
squid posted on Thu, Aug 6, 2009 11:25 PM

On 2009-08-06 10:15, Bargoyle wrote:
More announcements:

Designer of the George Mug (on sale soon), and all around badass, Squid, is coming to Ohana...

So lock up your daughter
And lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess around **

And Bargoyle is to be held responsible for anything I may be accused of doing at the event :)

It was actually the combined hypnotiki powers of he and Caroline that made me click the "Purchase Flight Now" button!! I'm really looking forward to this!!!! Maybe some jamming???

See you in September...

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Aug 7, 2009 5:33 AM

YIPPEE, Baby!!!

MOST EGGGGGGGGSELLENT that Sir Squiddy has now purchased his plane ticket :D

CAN'T WAIT until The Luau at the Lake!!!!!!!!

Now.......if he can just fit Kin Kin in his suitcase, we'll be all set :lol :lol: :lol:

S

And some Li'l Porgy's BBQ!

YAY Ohana!

Suzanne

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:49 PM

Sorry, I can't fit Kinny. But I can fit Lil George!!!

H

Wow, is Lil George the pendant? 'CAUSE I AM SO GETTING ONE!

Love!

C

Nice lookin' baby brother to 'George - the Mug'!

I, too, am looking forward to having George hang around my neck :wink:

by George!
i think he's got it!

lil porgys....mmmmmm!

S

On 2009-08-10 06:55, Hibiscus wrote:
Wow, is Lil George the pendant? 'CAUSE I AM SO GETTING ONE!

Love!

He so IS the pendant! I'll post pix in a couple of weeks when then first ones are cast and painted.

[ Edited by: squid 2009-08-10 10:36 ]

B

I just got the shipment of lil' George's big brother today, and holy crap!!!

The pics don't come close to doing the George Mug justice (and I thought the pics were pretty damn good!!)

Squid, friggin' amazing work!! Those glazes came out PERFECT. Totally accent the Witco-esq grain. He's a beaut. Super mahalos bruddah!!!

I cant wait for everyone to see these in person.

Pre-sale to begin soon (post-Oasis, so those attending both have a chance to buy one)

B

Oh, and I am SOOOOOOOO not responsible for any of Squid's shenanigans..... even if I am the one encouraging them.

Oh, along those lines, does anyone want to volunteer to hold onto my Bail Money during the weekend? You know...just in case.

lol

K

On 2009-08-10 14:41, Bargoyle wrote: Oh, along those lines, does anyone want to volunteer to hold onto my Bail Money during the weekend? You know...just in case.

Sure, give me all your money. I'll... umm... hold onto it for you.

On 2009-08-11 07:59, kristiki wrote:

On 2009-08-10 14:41, Bargoyle wrote: Oh, along those lines, does anyone want to volunteer to hold onto my Bail Money during the weekend? You know...just in case.

Yeah...me too..I can help hold that money. (or at least visit you in jail.)

C

On 2009-08-11 08:05, Martiki-bird wrote:

On 2009-08-11 07:59, kristiki wrote:

Yeah...me too..I can help hold that money. (or at least visit you in jail.)

& I'll bring you a PIE with a file in it when I visit you in jail :wink:

D
dcman posted on Wed, Aug 12, 2009 2:33 PM

For those coming from the south, if you have an interest in Tommy Bahama shirts, there is an outlet in Woodbury Commons NY, just north of NYC that may be on the way for some of you. I've never been there myself, but may make a side trip sometime I'm in the city.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/StoresAndCafes/Outlets.jsp

cheers,
dcman

On 2009-08-12 14:33, dcman wrote:
For those coming from the south, if you have an interest in Tommy Bahama shirts, there is an outlet in Woodbury Commons NY, just north of NYC that may be on the way for some of you. I've never been there myself, but may make a side trip sometime I'm in the city.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/StoresAndCafes/Outlets.jsp

cheers,
dcman

We live about 20 minutes from Woodbury Commons. I'd recommend a weekday, if you have a choice. The weekend traffic around there can be a beeyotch. Public transportation goes there, too, from NYC.

If you're swingin' through Orange County, NY, be sure to give us a shout. If we're around we'll fix you a drink!

TV

Woo Hoo! Just booked. Whew...thought me and the missus were gonna miss out on this one

Glad you're gonna join us Tiki Vee!! Ohana is really shaping up to be one hell of a weekend!!!

For those who aren't on our mailing list here's the latest info that was sent out today:

More news you can use from the Lake!!

First of all, for those who haven’t heard, Dole is sending representatives to Ohana this year, and their main purpose is to judge a Cocktail Creation Contest!! So, all you mixologists, start working on original creations using AT LEAST one dole juice product (pineapple juice, or one of their pineapple blends).

Contestants will need to make ONE full size serving, served in a vessel of your choosing, and garnished as you see fit. You’ll also need to make enough of the drink to fill approximately five 4oz tasters servings, for the judges to sample. Creations will be judged on Taste, Presentation, and Use of Dole products, and there will be an award (and bragging rights) given to the winner!

If you’d like to enter the contest, please send an email to [email protected] with CONTEST as your subject.

Next on the list of cool things, the Limited Edition Ohana Event Mugs, “George”, have arrived safe and sound, and I got to say, as great as the pictures of him were, they don’t come close to doing him justice live and in color!! I can’t wait for everyone to see this mug in person. Squid really outdid himself.

George is limited to a run of 150 and will be sold for $40ea. Because of the great reaction and demand for him, we’re going to start selling them online early next week to avoid the hassle of waiting in lines and a potential sell-out at the event. If you pre-purchase, you’ll get your mug upon check-in, and can spend your time socializing and partying, rather than waiting to buy one (and trust me, you’re going to want one!)

If any are left after the online sale, we will bring them to the Lake and sell them off on a first come serve basis. George mugs will NOT be shipped. They are for attendees of Ohana only, and all will be available for pickup at the event.

Also, as a thank you to those who order George online, every online purchase will receive TWO FREE raffle keys, that may unlock one of our Pirate’s Treasure Chests, full of tiki goodies. There are a limited amount of keys available, and only lucky ones will be able to open one of the chests.

As mentioned above, we ARE having another raffle this year (in addition to the Silent Auction) but the raffle is going to work a bit differently (I lost my voice yelling out ticket numbers last year, so we’ve found a way to do it without all the yelling! Lol ). This year, we’ll have FOUR treasure chests…each loaded with all sorts of tiki goodies, and locked up tight. To enter the raffle, you buy a key (or get free ones with your George mug pre-purchase), and try to unlock the chests. Each chest only has one winning key that will open it. If your key opens the chest, you win ALL that is inside it!!

The raffle items will be on display on Friday during check in times so you can see all the goodies. Then we’ll load the chests up on Saturday morning, and leave them out around the pool. At your leisure, go and try your key(s) on the chests. If it opens, the contents are yours!!

Keys will be on sale Friday & Saturday for $3 each, or 2 for $5 and there will only be a couple hundred available. Good Luck!!

Room Crawl!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, one of the highlights of last years Northeast Tiki Tour is back, and badder than ever!! We’re got about a dozen rooms lined up with hosts decorating their rooms and mixing fantastic libations. I remind everyone that they do this out of their spirit of Aloha, and are paying for everything themselves. Please, if you grab a drink, throw a few bucks in their tip jar.

Also, on room crawl, we’re looking for 2 more host rooms for the Late block. 11.30-1am on Friday night. Please email me if you’re interested. It’s a GREAT way to meet everyone, see old friends, make new ones, and show off your host/hostess skills.

If you’d like to host, email me at [email protected] with ROOM CRAWL as your subject.

Tickets!!!

I should know by Monday if we can add the additional seats to the early show. Those of our guests who have bought EVENT ONLY passes will be the first to be offered those seats. If there is any space still left after they are taken care of, we’ll go down the waiting list in order.

If you’d like to buy Event Only passes (no dinner show) you can do so at http://www.luauatthelake.com/eventonly.html and even if you have tickets, go check the page out. I think it came out pretty funny (kudos to jpmArtDog for the idea, and all his work on the site & event!)

As usual, I thank you for all your support, and look forward to seeing you at the Lake!!

Feel free to email me with any questions, and keep an eye out for George mug sales next week!

Aloha!!!

-bargoyle

I went to the Tiki Resort at Lake George Today.

THE PLACE IS FANTASTIC!!!!

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

I went to check out space etc. in the performance areas and to get a general feel for the whole lay out.
(My band, "Bamboo Saxotica" will be playing the kick-off set on Friday and I'll be providing sound for everyone)

I was blown away by the Tikis, the Lounge, the Supper Club, etc. etc.

Also, I'm very proud to announce that Virani will be playing a cut from his new CD live with my band on that opening Friday!!

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2009-08-19 22:21 ]

Also, I'm very proud to announce that Virani will be playing a cut from his new CD live with my band on that opening Friday!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Keep in mind that we kick off at 5pm on Friday with Bamboo Saxotica, so get there early!!

We've have hospitality & check in tents set up at 2pm, and the bar will be open all day!!

See ya at the Lake!!!

C

On 2009-08-20 11:33, Bargoyle wrote:
and the bar will be open all day!!

EXCELLENT!!!
8) 8)

Good to see you've got your priorities right :wink:

Now that Tiki Oasis is over, the thought of Ohana - Luau by the Lake is keeping me alive!!!!

[ Edited by: KikiTiki 2009-08-20 12:14 ]

On 2009-08-20 11:42, croe67 wrote:

On 2009-08-20 11:33, Bargoyle wrote:
and the bar will be open all day!!

EXCELLENT!!!
8) 8)

Good to see you've got your priorities right :wink:

You can say that again! :D

I had a last-minute wild hare moment (possibly brought on by alcohol) and am seriously thinking about flying out from the desert to attend the Luau.

If I were to arrive at Albany airport on Thursday with a bunch of mosaics and assorted nick-knacks, how would I get from there to the Lake, followed by a return to Albany on Sunday (or Monday)?

Alternatively, if there's anyone driving from NYC on Friday and returning Sunday who has extra room in their car and wants some company and gas money, then works for me too :)

Any helpful suggestions (car-pooling/rental sharing etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark (Mr. Cheeky Half)

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2009-08-23 20:38 ]

Got it all sorted out. Thanks you so very much to Sully, Caroline and Squid. See you all in September.

Mr. CH

C

On 2009-08-24 17:54, cheeky half wrote:
Got it all sorted out. Thanks you so very much to Sully, Caroline and Squid. See you all in September.

Mr. CH

EXCELLENT! 8)

Just back from Tiki Oasis, and in a few weeks I point the Town & Country East to Lake George!

Yes, I am happy to finally announce that Lake Tiki will be a part of Ohana!

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies