Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Art Show in Hollywood Opening Night Friday, Dec 12 'Tis The Season To Be Tiki! WHAT A BLAST!

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

T

Hey everybody!

Finally have a chance to post... after the show on Friday we were in San Diego for the weekend, then I had to hightail it back to finish up work for the Cammo's awesome on-line Tiki Art show today!

So many massive MAHALOS to all the great artists who participated in the show:
Amber Skowronski
Atomikitty
Babalu
Big Toe
Bob "Tiki Buzzard" Spahle
Bowana
Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker
Christopher Sowers
Go Tiki
Jonpaul Balak
Ken Ruzic
Mieko
Ocea Otica
TikiThomas

It came together so fast, and there were some fantastic new pieces! Everybody did an outstanding job! There was so much incredible and diverse art and so many people crammed into the place that night! I had a wonderful time!

It was great actually meeting in person Gogo & Dani, and Amber Skowronski and Christopher Sowers too, after only communicating via email.

And Mahalo as well to Evan, Bradley and Jo at Brick and Mortar for puttin' on the show! Bradley was pleased with the turn out, and they sold quite a few items that night. They're thinking about a closing party, or another tiki show in the spring! (I'll keep you posted!)

I brough my camera and actually managed to snap some pix:

Mahalo fer lookin'!

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Dec 22, 2008 8:05 AM

We parked right in front of the gallery (it's a few steps off Sunset, in the middle of LA's guitar stores) last night by accident. It was weird stepping out of the car and the first thing we saw was Bowana's Jack-o-Lantern mug in the window!

Anyway, nice show everybody; this shop is a great use of space & real popular!

didja eat at the
TOI restaurant around the corner?
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

GT

Maybe the Brick and Mortar, Will have a closing party! Kinny your right that Thai food place is Very Yummy! So you got some Great art and some Bomb! Thai food around the corner, Good reason for all TC'ers to go! The Art Show is still on-going, Check it out! Happy Holiday's! Gogo

Tubunga ~ thanks so much for inviting me into the show. Sorry I couldn't make it, but from the photos, it looked well attended and fun.

Hey, I got hung next to Kenny! Kewl!

Big Aloha from the Big Island~

B~

Pages: 1 2 52 replies