Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

handbuilt art for next tonga hut art show in April

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2009 9:56 PM

GROG start new event thread in March. The original post at the beginning of this thread was to inform the artists and art buyers that they had until late March/early April to finish up their art and to save their money to buy these all original one-of-kind handbuilt pieces.

Now to decide on a date. GROG waiting to hear from Jeremy to check Tonga Hut schedule, but GROG thinking that maybe Easter bunny weekend, April 11 would be appropriate since we are featuring Babalu and his proteges. Babs can't make it on the 4th. However, another artist interested in being in the show is unable to make it on the 11th. We could push it to the 18th to give everybody an extra week to finish their art and art collectors have an extra week to save their pennies for the show. However, if we give Buzzy an extra week, he could bust out 100 more pieces and there wouldn't be room for any other artists in the show. Is that a risk we're willing to take?

Everybody check their schedules and chime in here so we can get a consensus.

B

The 18th works for me :)

S
squid posted on Wed, Feb 25, 2009 6:10 PM

On 2009-02-24 21:56, GROG wrote:
Everybody check their schedules and chime in here so we can get a consensus.

11th good :)
18th bad :( unless GROG want to deal with squid's junk.

B

11th or 25th?...Got to have Squid there!!

B

4th good.
11th good.
18th good.
25th good.

I'm so easy.

On 2009-02-24 21:56, GROG wrote:
However, if we give Buzzy an extra week, he could bust out 100 more pieces and there wouldn't be room for any other artists in the show. Is that a risk we're willing to take?

Let's all stop kidding ourselves right now and just change the name of the show to something more applicable, such as:

"The Buzzy Art Show, featuring Buzzy, at one of Buzzy's favorite Tiki bars, the Tonga Hut, on Buzzy Night, sometime in April, Buzzy's favorite month."

All of you displaced artists can feel free to make some nifty flyers for my show now. I don't really need the advertising, but I understand you all will need something to do.

I am also making some hand made price tags to put on all the vintage stuff I'll be selling out of my truck in the parking lot that night too. All prices will be hand done by me on a limited 1 of 1 paper tags with some sort of glue/adhesive process used to keep them in place. In addition to the hand made tag, you will also receive a vintage or used tiki product!

Let's change the name of this thread now to avoid the confusion that we have with the old thread title.

This place will be packed with Buzzy loyalists! If you can't make it, tough shit! There will be plenty of people there to take your place!

Buzzy Out!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 27, 2009 12:01 AM

...and we'll change the name from the Tonga Hut to The House of Buzz just for that night.

Screw the Buzzy show!
i'm saving my shekels for the
BAMBOO BEN PARKING LOT SALE in early MAY!

Millions of Quality Non-Buzzy goods to be had there!

On 2009-03-02 08:54, little lost tiki wrote:
Screw the Buzzy show!
i'm saving my shekels for the
BAMBOO BEN PARKING LOT SALE in early MAY!

Millions of Quality Non-Buzzy goods to be had there!

Actually, I'll be vending there too...

I'll also be vending at the Tikiyaki Orchestra show/swap meet sale later this month.

For those of you who are saving your wad for Oasis, I'll be vending there too!

Millions of opportunities to purchase Quality Buzzy goods upcoming!

And remember, if it's not carved, then it's not Tiki art!
Buzzy Out!

And remember, if it's not carved, then it's not Tiki art!

it's "Other Crafts"! :lol:

speaking of the Nooner...@ Bamboo Ben on may 3rd

i'm freakin booking too many installs.

still gonna happen but the shop is gonna be kinda empty.

More sales for alll of you!

( i'm on a lap top (not mine) so f'off with the gram errors!)

can't wait till party day!

what was this topic about again???

Hand Jive?

Exotiki??

Buzzy?

Teriyaki??

LLT??

Hula gals??

more soon...

it was about the handbuilt art for next tonga hut art show in April
and Buzzy's World Domination plans...

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Mar 3, 2009 2:55 PM

Good to hear Ben's booking out! That's a good sign.

Ok, looks like everyone's gots stuffs happening...what's the werd?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 4, 2009 12:27 AM

It's looking like it's going to be on April 11th, so artists get your crap finished.

We are FEATURING original hand-built ceramics ---no molded pieces.

GROG need to know who's going to be in the show, and how much crap you're bringing, so we can figure out space, so PM GROG. GROG not selling for other people, so don't expect to ship stuff for GROG to sell.If you've been in the Tonga Hut, then you know that space is limited, so don't get pissed if you get turned down for this particular night.

Babalu, Bai/Squid, Bowana, GROG and Buzzy are locked-in. Kirby's got some original hand-carved pendants that don't take up much room, so he'll probably fit in a small dark corner.

O

Look forward to attending this show, love the concept of the show, but gonna bow out of showing. Have some handbuilt stuff in the works, but don't think i will have my shit together for this, and in keeping in mind the limited space, don't want to commit and then back out. Good luck to the guys showing on getting their pieces completed and i hope there are no cracks to be found.

B

On 2009-03-04 01:05, OceaOtica wrote:
i hope there are no cracks to be found.

I meant to put those cracks there! :-)

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Mar 4, 2009 6:06 PM

crap crap crap...i gotta get down to Babalu's magic-tiki works to finish my dang mug!

any idea when we may to another clay day???

a definite maybe
and if "yes"
then room for 2-4 mug-sized pieces....

C

I'm very happy for GROG, That GROG is going to make some GROG art, GROG seem to know very well what he was talking about when he says don't sell your soul, so I think this is going to fix that a lot, very happy for you and hoping to see a lot more GROG art, I honestly like it very much :)

GROG sux!
and don't any of youse fergit it!

C

I know, I know :) but maybe people can help GROG with the event organization so he can have some time to go to Babalu's Exotic inspirational land and get some GROG stuff done... or not it's okay, I was just saying :) (sorry)

My Space

[ Edited by: Clarita 2009-03-12 14:02 ]

B

I hear that GROG has found a new rock...I hear he's been using it.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 23, 2009 11:12 PM

Si.

Pages: 1 2 70 replies