Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

***March 21st - Lodge Night and Swap Meet with the Tikiyaki Orchestra !!! - BRING YOUR MUG !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies

Will this be an all ages thing like the Kona art show? Can I bring my kid with me???

T

Sorry, by law, LLT is not to be within 50 yrds.of anyone under 18 years old .

T

On 2009-03-03 08:15, PolynesianPop wrote:
Will this be an all ages thing like the Kona art show? Can I bring my kid with me???

YES ALL AGES ARE WELCOME !

but they have to wear a fez.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

BUMP !

OK, Pele Nani got me a way hip leopard-skin fez, so I'm equipped!

See you all there!

It's Official, I'm bummed I'm gonna miss this.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

See you at the lodge fellow Stonecutters!

S

On 2009-03-10 16:41, Kālai Waʻa wrote:

OK, Pele Nani got me a way hip leopard-skin fez, so I'm equipped!

See you all there!

Awesome! But we'd better see you in more than just the fez though! A snappy blazer might be in order. Pants optional.

Sorry to miss this event. I hope everyone has a blast.

S
squid posted on Wed, Mar 11, 2009 1:38 PM

We'll do a little dance just especially for you Mango....

T

On 2009-03-11 13:15, TikiMango wrote:
Sorry to miss this event. I hope everyone has a blast.

This event will miss you too Mango !

T

And lets not forget the "Grand Poobah ".

YABADABADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Can we wear any kind of hat? Or fezz only?

S
squid posted on Thu, Mar 12, 2009 4:28 PM

On 2009-03-12 16:22, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
Can we wear any kind of hat? Or fezz only?

Anything goes! Go for it! Full-on Raccoon Lodge gear, whatever. Be creative and have fun.....

KOOL MAN racoons !!!

Nothing says i came to party more then this hat!

I'm almost ready for the swapmeet!

I've got mugs, tikis, pendants, aloha shirts and dresses, pendants, ashtrays, and books for sale. These are all things that I bought for my personal collection but I just don't have room for everything. Now that they're out, I won't want to put them back so they're going for sale cheap!

I just found out about this - This is cool! I'm coming. Unfortunately my husband cannot make it so I'll be flying solo. Looking forward to this and to meeting new people!

S

This is going to be cool.

Dead animals on heads, silly costumes, pledges of loyalty to the Tikiyaki Orchestra. And cool vintage stuff and original art and $6.00 Mai-Tais and...and...and...Hmmmm.
I just thought of something. Why, if I were in the Tikiyaki Orchestra I could have a chance to get all of Ookoo Lady's cool stuff before the doors opened and....

T

On 2009-03-14 23:33, squid wrote:
This is going to be cool.

Dead animals on heads, silly costumes, pledges of loyalty to the Tikiyaki Orchestra. And cool vintage stuff and original art and $6.00 Mai-Tais and...and...and...Hmmmm.
I just thought of something. Why, if I were in the Tikiyaki Orchestra I could have a chance to get all of Ookoo Lady's cool stuff before the doors opened and....

TELL ME about it ! But then again, that's not fair.

S
squid posted on Sun, Mar 15, 2009 8:57 AM

Of course that's not not fair. I would never actually do that!

It's my super-secret subliminal advertising campaign to get people's butts out there early. See how subliminal it is? They don't even know we're talking about it! Cool, huh?

S
squid posted on Sun, Mar 15, 2009 9:26 PM

bumpsky!

S

On 2009-03-15 08:57, squid wrote:
It's my super-secret subliminal advertising campaign to get people's butts out there early. See how subliminal it is? They don't even know we're talking about it! Cool, huh?

You have special skills in this department, Squid. Whoa, what is that a picture of? Wow, I'm not sure. I have no idea what I'm looking at. I've never looked at the cover art before...

Suzanne

This will be a blast... can't wait!

If we don't buy advanced tickets, can we just pay at the door?

On 2009-03-16 21:54, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
If we don't buy advanced tickets, can we just pay at the door?

Yes

Who do we pay our $10 to
if we can't go?

will there be any dancing gals for us visiting out of towners?

On 2009-03-17 08:04, little lost tiki wrote:
Who do we pay our $10 to
if we can't go?

The Mystic Order of Tikiyaki, but you have to pay $20 !

man its killing me to not be able to go this.
have a killer event, and a great show guys.

:(
Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

Jeff you aren't going?!

Suzanne

Suzanne
sent you a PM.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

On 2009-03-17 09:22, martini kings wrote:
will there be any dancing gals for us visiting out of towners?

The Tikiyaki Ladies' Auxiliary will be performing sporadically throughout the evening, depending on rum intake.

I am expecting this to be a special evening, in a REAL "social club" setting:

The Mayflower Club calls it:

"HAWAIIAN BAND NIGHT"
Saturday, March 21st @ 7:30 p.m. :D

I will be there to sign my DVDs and posters, and any books you bring! This is gong to be lovely!

Other class acts that graced the stage at the Mayflower club before Tikiyaki!:

I am going to feel right at home!:

Guys, I hear it's gonna be Ladies' Choice Night!:

And please let me make clear: I am NOT making fun of these lovely folks! Tiki culture is returning to its anthropolically correct source: The social club of the middle class. This setting is almost as good as an evening at the Horace Heidt's Country Club Estates. The real deal.

S
squid posted on Tue, Mar 17, 2009 6:11 PM

Of course we know you're not making fun of The Tikiyaki Ladies Auxiliary! But I think the Mayflower may have gotten their promo info a bit wrong.
There is nothing about a hammered Marty Lush that is soothing... :D

S

Tikiyaki Does Pirates of Penzance!

Suzanne

Yay!

Just a few days until the Tikiyaki Swap, Swig and Sway!

And it's deinatley Mai Tai weather out here in the valley!

See you Saturday!

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2009-03-18 17:23 ]

This just looks like insane fun. See you there.

S
squid posted on Thu, Mar 19, 2009 5:51 PM

Yes it will be good fun but we take this VERY...ahem...seriously. Be prepared to take The Oath as administered and dispensed by Grand Exhalted Mystic Poobah, Marty Lush. Those that take The Oath shall be given the ancient knowledge of The Code and the Esoteric Scroll of Studebaker Transmission Repair. Heed the Lush! The Code is not to be revealed to the uninitiated or you shall risk the Wrath of Pele and indignation of the Brooklyn Beatdown!
It is so...

I do solemnly swear, blah, blah, blah....

Do you get hung by yer ankles upside down like in the cub scouts/webelos? Uh-oh...do they still do that, or am I showing my age here?

I am prepared to take the oath as a prospective member of the ladies auxiliary. All hail Marty Lush!

S
squid posted on Fri, Mar 20, 2009 1:23 AM

The Aloha Prez with the bad-ass fez sez:

"I solemnly swear to be at Lodge Night because Lush still owes me 5 bucks and a cigarette."

T

ALoha!

Just wanted to send my Luuuuv and wishes to a band that is nothing short of MaGiCaL!!! I am going to be there!! See Dave?? I am going to focus on the "theatrical organ" this time though...cus that, to me sounds like Tiki Erotica if I ever HEARD it!! My Lord...Any "organ" that can also be "theatrical"...is an organ I wanna have!!!

S
squid posted on Fri, Mar 20, 2009 2:58 PM

JUST ADDED TO THE TIKYAKI LODGE NIGHT SIDESHOW:

The Order has been awaiting confirmaton for months of a visiting dignitary. Now we have it and thus it may be revealed to all!

Ladies and gentlemen (and I use those terms loosely), direct from the International Lodge HQ and Bowling Pro Shop...

Papaya Potentate, Scribe of the Ancient Knowledge and Guardian of the Secret Code...

SVEN KIRSTEN
(aka bigbrotiki)

will be signing his books, DVDs and posters! Pick one up and buy Sven a drink!

It is so.

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Mar 20, 2009 3:45 PM

Hello TC -

TikiG here to say I'm so looking forward to tomorrow night. Time to catch up on the latest from my friends Kirby, Jim, Dave, Tom etc etc. Awesome!

I'll have a table set-up with mostly paintings (50 or so!) that have never been shown to the public before. I'll be working deals if anyone is interested in purchasing a canvas.
Tiki, Polynesia, exotica and pop culture themes are represented in my works. Please stop by, say Hi!...check out my work.

Signing out until tomorrow evening. Cheers!

Whooo! I'm going, bringing my fez, AND a friend! Would it be wise to order tickets now or just wait and get 'em when we show up (or will they sell out)? Also, is the swearing in ceremony at the start of it, or is later on in the evening? I don't want to miss it!

what time is it over,and how many sets are Tikiyaki doing?
I may try to swing by later on my way home from the wedding I'm going to.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies