what a Dorque!
:lol:

and NOTCH totally played it up
talkin pidgin and stuff!
i almost peepeed my pants!

CLASSIC!

TS

Notch was a stand up comedian...You should have seen him "stroking" Tiki Diablos picture in the book! lmfao...Good peeps= good times! It was good seeing everyone, and Boris, I got y0 pic! PM me with email addy so I can send it your way! And yes, Dream Library it is, LLT!....I'm going back sometime this month during the week to stock up on some coffee table books! The place is alot bigger than I had anticipated! :o haha..Definately a treasure trove of books!

T

Kinny, you mean you've never been to Wacko or Tiki Ti ? By your post that's how it sounds, but that can't be right.

Anyway, Wacko is a great place for books. My tiki geekiness started there when I used to get Tiki news there in the mid 90's.

S
squid posted on Mon, Mar 9, 2009 9:53 AM

WoWeEeEeE....That was fun!

Jay- Congratulations on a beautiful bit of eye-candy! Stellar work, mate! Here's to the sequel.

Big props to JonPaul and all the other photogs who did some major justice to those mugs!

Fun stuff I got to do:

I finally got to meet MILES!
I got to meet FALIN!
I got to sign all the kids' yearbooks!
I got to see Notch really hammered and totally hilarious!
I got to see Tikiyaki moderately hammered and totally hilarious!
I got a book! Then I got another book!
I went to House of Pies for the very first time! (It's a culinary "toss-up" between H.O.P. and Pioneer Rat I'm sorry to say. Next time I'm stickin' to Fatburger)
I got back to my car in the Circuit City lot just in time, with the tow truck right behind, ready to start hauling off the Tiki Ti leftover vehicles! (Thanks Ski!)
I got to see a guy dump his bike which turned into shards under a cop car and an SUV on the 101 because LAPD ran a bonehead traffic break and cut him off! (He was OK)

I lost an hour of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is good...

Kinny, you mean you've never been to Wacko or Tiki Ti ? By your post that's how it sounds, but that can't be right.

of course I've been to WACKO/LaLuz before!
last time i was here was Al's retrospective,i think!
i don't get there often,so it's always a delight!
got a Taschen Chagall book
Underground! a collection of aticles on
Ancient Archaeological finds/hidden history/Ancient Civilizations....
and a Dover book /collection of hindu gods and goddesses
and a Hi-Fructose Camille rose Garcia issue!

Tiki Ti...never been
glad i went!
awesomeness!

hey Squid! Can we get a shot of your froggie mug?

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-03-09 10:10 ]

Rays Mistakes = Daves mistakes
Tiki Ti = Hangover
Book signing = Awesome
Everything But the Kitschen Sync Group Show = Fantastico
Banjos = The new cool

I'm bummed I couldn't make it:( I had to work and for now "The Real World" comes first. I cant wait to get my grubby little hands on that book. Congrats to all of the contributers and artists!

S
squid posted on Mon, Mar 9, 2009 10:39 AM

got a Taschen Chagall book
Underground! a collection of aticles on
Ancient Archaeological finds/hidden history/Ancient Civilizations....
and a Dover book /collection of hindu gods and goddesses
and a Hi-Fructose Camille rose Garcia issue!

Dude- You bought books with lots of WORDS? Sheeeesh. They had a really cool MUG BOOK there. It has pictures of MUGS in it. Hurry up and get back there before they're gone!

i ordered mine on Amazon 3 weeks ago hoping it would get to the house before the show
but Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Will get here before the 15th!
Amazon sucks!
i should've save my shekels and bought it there!

that's why...

and why didn't YOU bring a mug
instead of that froggie planter you made?

at least it looked better than Cass' "mug"

Congrats to Jay for an amazing book! And to Holden, too! Nice work fellas, it's a beauty - I spent some time with it on Sunday and was agahst at all the coolness I have not seen before. I don't have a lot of mugs and now I see what I've been missing out on. Tiki Ti was awesome as always, so nice to see all the cool kids and to meet some new peeps like Al-ii! Hi! You can definitely get lost in Wacko/La Luz. Yearbook signing was super fun! Met Sven for the first time! Hi! I'm sure I missed a few artists because I don't know their faces, but it was fun being a fangirl and standing on line for autographs! Haha! Squid has set the stage for the next wave in tiki; frogs and banjos. The Ghastly Ones were amazing as always, and The Bordello - what a superfantastic place. How cute were all those little ghoulie kids and baby punks? :wink: I had a blast ~ where are we going next? :wink:

S
squid posted on Mon, Mar 9, 2009 10:56 AM

KINNY -That WAS a mug! Now quit trying to derail this thread or I'm calling your supervisor there at In-n Out.

[ Edited by: squid 2009-03-09 10:56 ]

I felt better paying the books retail price at the Event....I'd rather support my local vendors than have them get less money thru Amazon sales. I counted 9 Mai Tai Swizzles in my pocket at the end of the night.....Thank god for our stop by the "Orginal" Tommys for some emergency cheese fries.

B

Damn!! I'm really bummed I had to miss this event and the opportunity to hang out with all you muggers that I know, and those that I haven't met yet....shit fire! :(

The Notch - Toe moment sounds priceless :lol:

Hopefully, I get to see all of you at Oasis? I want the book (I haven't seen yet) signed by all of you too.

Keep Slinging that Clay Boys!!

S
squid posted on Mon, Mar 9, 2009 11:20 AM

On 2009-03-09 11:16, Babalu wrote:
Damn!! I'm really bummed I had to miss this event and the opportunity to hang out with all you muggers that I know, and those that I haven't met yet....shit fire! :(

The Notch - Toe moment sounds priceless :lol:

Hopefully, I get to see all of you at Oasis? I want the book (I haven't seen yet) signed by all of you too.

Keep Slinging that Clay Boys!!

That book's got a real purdy pikchure of yer Babaloon! I'm all teary-eyed and proud of ya!

B
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.