Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

for the bacon lovers out there

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 201 replies

Bacon Apple Pie

H
Heath posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2010 11:20 AM

I've been buying this bacon from a new market here in San Diego called Fresh & Easy...it's the best bacon ever!

http://www.britishbacon.com/bacon.htm

Funny video Heath :lol:

Pork, it can turn veggies back to the dark side.
:wink:

ask Jonpaul,

Jeff(btd)

Bacon Bra

this week in bacon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/12/the-bacon-at-at-star-wars_n_534756.html
scroll down a bit

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-14 10:25 ]

Chicken Fried BACON Sandwich:

Extra Thick Cut Bacon, twice dredged in egg and flour seasoned with Peppered Bacon Salt, and pan fried. Served on Grilled Tuscan Boule with Baconnaise. I went with the "bacon purist" approach but it would have been good with cheese, sauted onions, tomatoes, and/or lettuce, etc :D

You'll notice there's only one sandwich - my wife wouldn't have anything to do with that heart-attack-on-a-plate! I have a bellyache now :lol:

Mad Genius Mike,

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-02-09 15:31, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Bacon Bra

I've been meaning to ask, "How do you cook this without singeing the nips?" 8)

day at the beach, no sunscreen.

A Twitter friend was pining for a Bacon Bloody Mary today. I'd never heard of it before but it sounds so good.

My 23 year old son said the Country Fried Bacon (above) "changed his life" when he put it on pizza with Ranch dressing :lol:

OMFG
want....
need....

Jeff(btd)

I ran into this news elsewhere and remembered there was a bacon thread at TC....

Clink here->Chocolate and bacon with funnel cake available at Knotts Berry Farm

Micechat: Knotts chocolate bacon funnel cakes

Maybe I will go to Knotts, order this and ask them to put some ice cream, cheese and butter on top of it.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 11, 2010 12:30 PM

http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-05-11 12:30 ]

GROG, I was hoping that was one of your Photoshop jobs - sadly it's not. I'm all about bacon but I think they've finally jumped the shark :D

W

Our local cool yum ice cream shop, Full Tilt Ice Cream, rolls out their Bacon Bar today...

"The Bacon Bar...Peanut butter and bacon ice cream bar dipped in chocolate."

Someone told me that Macon, Georgia use to have a minor league hockey team called the Macon Bacons. Is this true?

B

On 2010-05-11 12:30, GROG wrote:

http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-05-11 12:30 ]

Ah, but does it come in sugar free?! Kinda like ordering a BLT and a diet coke!

Bacon Turtles:
2 hamburger patties with cheese in the middle, hotdogs (head, tail, & legs), wrapped in bacon.

EDIT - I don't know what happened to that picture

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-06-28 16:16 ]

TK

how coincidental.. i am enjoying a DOUBLE blt as i read this. mmmmmm bacon.

B

On 2010-06-28 15:30, MadDogMike wrote:
Bacon Turtles:
2 hamburger patties with cheese in the middle, hotdogs (head, tail, & legs), wrapped in bacon.

EDIT - I don't know what happened to that picture

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2010-06-28 16:16 ]

Now THAT'S fucking funny! LOLOL I thought they were real turtles until I read the description! I would eat that (minus the hot dogs - yucko - makes my throat clench up in that pre-gag sort of way)!

TK

mmmmmmmm pork turtles. i conjured up an image of the chocolate candy thingies with bacon on it.. i would prolly eat that 2.

Bacon Turtles:

These look pretty good. Are the burgers country fried first?

Damn, should have never looked at this thread before going grocery shopping!

Bacon make everything better. I add bacon to my potato salad...very tasty.

MN

Bacon Turtles:

Wow!

S

the "Bacon Explosion",

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

I need to go BBQ so badly right now.....

K

Went to BaconFest this past weekend here in Portland. Bacon Vodka Bloody Mary was pretty nasty - but it could have been the mix they used (although I've tasted the vodka straight before and... no thank you).

They had Maple Bacon Cupcakes, bacon wrapped hot dogs, some sort of jelly thing... cookies... etc. The best thing I think was the Bacon meatballs! The line was VERY long... but well worth the wait. They had three different sauce options (Marinara, Gravy, and Masala - I didn't try the Marinara one though).

TK

BACON>>>bacon bacon bacon. just the mere saying of the word makes me happy.

Keith, how did they make bacon meatballs? Was it part ground beef so it would stick together and part minced bacon for flavor?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars

I normally prefer dark chocolate, but actually the milk chocolate works better with the bacon in this candy bar.

K
KeithH posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 2:42 PM

On 2010-08-24 11:45, MadDogMike wrote:
Keith, how did they make bacon meatballs? Was it part ground beef so it would stick together and part minced bacon for flavor?

I think it was ground pork and bacon. SOOOOOO damned yummy! I'll have to check out their cart sometime and see if they will give up any secrets.

I know they had a tub of the "secret mixture" that they scooped into the pan.

We spent the weekend camping in Mexico. One morning, after frying bacon for 20 people, I was staring at a wok FULL of hot bacon grease. I quickly made up a breakfast burrito and DEEP FRIED it in BACON GREASE - DELICIOUS :lol:

Tried two versions of bacony goodness tonight -

First, Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots. Cut the bacon strips in half and fry them 'til about half way cooked, wrap them around Tater Tots, pin with a toothpick, and bake according to the Tater Tot directions. I used center cut bacon and it was a bit too short to wrap all the way around the Tater Tots but it was still good.

Then, since I had a pan full of hot bacon grease, I panfried some Tater Tots in the bacon grease and smoothered them in shredded cheese YUM! :D

Yay for MDM to resurrect the Bacon thread.
those bacon tots look great!

I was just thinking I should dig this thread up.
Last Sun. I was at the OC fair to see the Hula Girls,
(and Donna the Tranny dancer) but lets not get into that again.

and before they played Jason Wickedly and I figured we had some time to go eat some
Deep Fried Fair food goodness.

So we saw a new item,
Deep fried Bacon in Beer Batter,
(Jason can you post yer pic, it looks way better than mine)
and then I had french fries with nacho cheese sauce and big chunks of bacon on the top.
Soooooooo frikken good.

and just for the hell of it,
I got a Chocolate dipped Corndog,
waaaaay to sweet, got a crazy sugar rush from that.
and the corndog they used wasn't the best either.

Bon appetite bacon lovers.
Jeff(btd)

Bacon!

Bacon is meat candy

sorry for the late post, but I thought this was a great mix of,
bacon and the reason for the x-mas season.

:lol: !!!!!

I thought the bacon lovers would enjoy the brilliance of this dish. Here is the original post.

On 2012-01-07 11:02, Professor G wrote:
I really, really wish I could blame this all on MadDog Mike. There’s a guy who loves his Spam. Based on his posts, I’d say there’s a guy who loves his dead pig, period. Somehow, his excitement was contagious over the miles, infecting a brain in the Wastelands with the need, or dare I say compulsion, to cook Spam.

I’d just finished working out a nice rumaki when I stumbled across the dang Spam thread and it happened: the idea of preparing Spam in the style of rumaki got into my head and has haunted me for weeks. I’m confident I can make it work if I ever have to and that should be enough. Why wouldn’t that be enough?

It isn’t enough. I have to know. The other day, the urge grew too strong: I bought the Spam.

Typically, I’m pretty literal about food definitions, so to really be rumaki, bacon should be wrapped around marinated chicken or maybe duck liver and a water chestnut. Anything else is simply bacon-wrapped anything-else. I’ll allow Spam because, like the bird livers, it needs some work to make it desirable, but I’ll still waffle a bit and call it rumaki-style Spam (Spam en Brochette a la mode du Rumaki?) just to keep what conscience I have left clean . . . clean-ish, anyway.

I started with something like my normal Rumaki recipe, only with Spam. . .

1 can of Spam, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 oz can water chestnuts, drained
12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
1 tsp sri racha
1 crushed garlic clove
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped

. . . all of which is real nice, but I threw in 1 chopped jalapeno, an ounce or so of hoisin and the last of my Healthy Boy brand sweet soy with a drizzle of yuzu juice. That’s right, I used yuzu on Spam. Do you hear that whirring sound? It’s very sincere Pacific Rim food snobs spinning in their metaphorical graves. I may have splashed a dab of fish sauce into the pungent hell-brew, as well. After a 36-hour marination, I wrapped them up and took them to the grill.

Do you hear an increase in the whirring? That’s my culinary school instructors joining the Pacific Rim food snobs in their figurative casket pirouettes. This stuff is absolutely, perhaps even freakin’, delicious. I did these on a standard issue gas grill and had to stay alert in case of flare-ups, but other than that, easy sailing. They’re much easier to handle than the livers and don’t have the bitterness associated with innards; in terms of texture and richness, however, they are quite similar. Like real rumaki, two or three is plenty. I serve them with straight sri racha, because subtlety at this stage of the game seems a bit pointless.

So, MDM, if you’re out there--and you are out there, although possibly wishing to disassociate yourself from the entire project--this one’s for you. It is tasty, vaguely Asian, completely inauthentic, wrapped in bacon, doesn’t have any nori involved, and looks nice on a plate. You can’t beat it with a log of centrifuged pork product.

nuthin' better than vintage bacon

Bacon Bourbon Brownies?

H

Not my photo but the Farrell's I went to the other day had these for sale in their candy shop.

No I didn't buy any...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 201 replies