Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pinups U TUBE VIDEO is UP !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies

One of the new extremely limited prints i will be having at the show this weekend. Cheers!

Damn , Jeremy . You need to do a cover for Tiki Magazine .

T

Yeah Jeremy!

I agree with Tiki Ray

This print is spectacular! Nice coloring. Did we meet at a Tonga Hut art show around Christmas last year?

Thanks Ray! I certainly would LOVE to!!! TikiG, I do believe we have met at the Tonga Hut. I really don't show that often so its very possible. :wink:

Cheers guys, your the best!

At the Tikiyaki Airport Gift Shop :

The Tikiyaki Commuter Pack : For those of you unable to make the Record release party, we still have supplies of the Commuter Pack. $30

Also, The Tikiyaki Airways Flight Bag will be available for $20

Thanks for posting all your art everyone!!! Can't wait to see everything in person...you guys are all super talented!! :)

I'll be bringing out some Sorella goodies myself, for the ladies. I make all natural bath and body products. I'm bringing in the vintage inspired line called Sugar-N-Spice..I made a special one for the show called Hula Honey Sugar Sand (body scrub)..great for polishing up before or after the beach! :)

Let Ray or I know if you have any last minute questions..we'll see you all there Saturday!!

GT

One more for the show! Here is a fun ceramic and wood tiki necklace:

I'm gonna get there at Noon to eat, then set up at 1, to be ready by 3.
then maybe have a snack later on in the evening.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Kudo's Tiki-Ray & Little Wahine, it looks like it's gonna be one heck of a show lookin' forward to some very unique art & The Eliminators.

WOOOOHOOOOO! 1 More day! :)

Tell you what, you're right. This is a thread to promote an art show. I withdraw my statement about the ribs at Bahooka.

http://radiofreebakersfield.com
http://www.myspace.com/pronouncedwhorehay

[ Edited by: MamboKing 2009-07-24 13:30 ]

K

Bahooka is an awsome place to eat..I have eaten there many times and its always great.. the crab stuffed shrimp is bomb,and so are the ribs.If your gonna badmouth the place do it on a differant thread..were tryin to promote art show here..

I like Bahooka's food. The ribs are great (usually, sometimes they have an off night) , and they make baked Yams, served up with brown sugar...yummy.

The Gold Cup is a tasty drink too, and they'll even serve it on fire if you ask.

Bahooka rules.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-07-24 10:18 ]

CA

i'm going old schoola and not posting pics.... like days before cell phones and digi cameras or digicamera-cellphones...

but here's some new stuff...
sneak peek at O-9 Pendant/Pendants!
new Mauna-lao's menehunes!!
new Lava throne!
custom lightswitch plate
custom NEW MUG ADAPTATION
mug price rollback...

T

My great friend Shannon Brooke will be vending there as well . she is the Queen of Pinup photography .She is consistently in the top of her field and is in the process of making a coffeetable book with the same people who just came out with Tiki Mugs by Jay . She called me one day needing tikis for a West Coast Choppers calendar gig and has done several other shoots with my art . She has been on tour recently in Austrailia so she hasnt been able to post so Im doing it for her . Her photos are somehow better than the rest and her lighting sets her apart from the rest . Check more of her work out on shannonbrookeimagery.net .

Try the teriyaki chicken or the ham steak.....always good.

T

Got the T Shirts today. Went for a more Vintage/faded look than the previous pics posted.

Here's the Egg Roll T. On sale at the event for $ 12

dig the faded look,
so now when I'm drunk(aka Faded) the shirt will match my look.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

On 2009-07-24 13:49, TIKI-RAY wrote:

You know your getting old when the engine gets your attention before the model...
That's a freakin' radial airplane engine... dude!

LOVE YOUR NEW MUG TIKI TONY!!!!!

I'm driving up there from the OC about 5:30 pm if anyone wants to ride with me. Shoot me a PM.

Just a reminder, this event starts at 3 pm
and goes to 11 pm.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-07-25 08:52 ]

C

Hey Tiki-Ray & Lil' wahine, hope you have a great great evening, Aloha to you both!

WoooHooo! What a Fun Night!! Mahalo to Tiki-Ray, Lil Wahine, all the Vendors, the Musicians, DJ Big Tiki Dude, & The Bahooka Ohana for hosting such a Great Event.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2009-07-26 08:55 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jul 26, 2009 8:56 AM

That was a realy fun show..The bands were realy great..It was cool seeing some new stuff from tiki tony, and Crazy al,those neslons tiki hut lamps were great and seemed to be a big hit.. my mom even got one for us to put in the babys hut..Thanks again jen and tiki ray for putin it on....

P.S. I still have a handful of the official limited TTPP2 pendants(all numbered and signed Only 50 made) availabe For $10 plus $2 shipping ..Pm me if you want one..mahalo

pheeeeew, that was a great event,
I was there from Noon, to 11:30 pm.
needless to say, I am dragging my butt today.

Great art,
lots of Hotties,
and good tunes by the bands,

thanks for the shout out woohoo.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Ray, Cindy and Jen, thanks for throwing such an AMAZING show. Being our first venture into vending it was definitely a good one! It was great seeing all the other artists. SO much neat stuff out there. Thanks to EVERYONE for being SO supportive! If there was anything anyone saw at the show that maybe you didn't have the cash to pick up we did come home with a few pieces. Also if there was something you saw that maybe got sold, we're more than happy to make more! We're working on getting everything listed in our etsy store as we speak. Please visit nelsonstikihut.etsy.com

Thanks to everyone who came out and made the show a huge success. Many thanks to the sponsors, vendors, bands, DJ and the pin up girls!!! Here are the pix!!

It was a Great Show Ray & Lil Wahine Congrats! I'm darn sure we all had a great time, I look forward to next year! The Bahooka has gone far out of their way the last few shows to accommodate all of us. The Bahooka allowed us to continue into the parking lot and provided cocktail service out there too, Kudos!! Lots of Pictures wow!

GT

Thanks A Bunch Tiki Ray, Cindy and Jen for the invite to vend, What a Great and Fun show! The bands where Awesome! It was nice for me to see Jon playing (Jon and The Nightriders), With the Eliminators, I was a Big fan since 1979 Wow Wee! What an Honor! That guy rips! I agree with Kelly ( Hiphipahula ) The Bahooka did a Great job to accommodate all of us, Thanks Bahooka! Many Great artist, Crazy Al really knows how to cuts the rug! He's a very good swing dancer! I never got to talk with Tiki Tony before, " What a real nice guy and Great artist " My pleasure! Nice to see my friends and make new ones, Lastly nice to see Doug Horne and Stacey, Thanks Jen for letting Garrison help out! Again Thank You All, Gogo and Dani

Mahalo! Tiki Ray

Great event! We had fun.

T

What an incredible event . First off I want people to remeber that Jen(lil Wahine) was responsible for half that show .A lot of people keep thanking me alone . That girl works her butt off but kind of stays behind the scenes . Im glad you all had a great time and thank God they finally let the event merge outside into the cool night air . That room was getting quite stuffy with all the bodies . I personally want to thank all the pinups, the vendors with all NEW incredible art , the Tequila Worms and the Eliminators really sety the tone while Big Tiki Dude kept us entertained inbetween . Even Kimo showed up for a little steel guitar set .
Also thanks to all who brought the Hot Rods for the girls to pose with . There was just so much going on that night . The crowd was amazing and Im glad everyoneone bought some cool stuff to take home . I spent all yesterday laying around and trying to stay off my feet . I dont even drink but I felt like I was hungover. Anyways , thank you all for the support , Ray

Hi I just wanted to say thanks for a great time everyone. This was my first "tiki" event, and everyone was super friendly and super nice, and I had a great time. Walked away with a great necklace from Nelson's Tiki Hut, and even get my picture posted on here! (I'm the one in the Pink Flamingo dress). It's probably been a while since any of you were "outsiders", and I just wanted to let you know that coming to this was great fun even if I didn't really know anyone. Hopefully I'll see you all again at Tiki Oasis.

Thanx Tiki Ray and Lil Wahine, this was an awesome event. Amazing that it lasted over 8 hours and never got boring. Ray, I know that pain in your feet, I feel it after every Tikiyaki Event, and after this one as well. I usually need at least a day to recover from these things.

Anyway, the Tequila Worms rocked, and the Eliminators were amazing as usual....great version of "One Step Beyond" guys !

KIMO, I think we need to have him out to more Tiki events....he was great.

It was really nice being shacked up between Happy Chi jewelry and Nelson's Tiki Hut...great people to spend a day with.

Any day spent at Bahooka is a day well spent in my book. Something about the glow from all those fishtanks.

And then there were the girls..... :o

Ray and Lil Wahine, congratz on a really successful show. Looking forward to the next one.

The Eliminators wish to think Jen "Lil Wahine" and Tiki Ray for giving the band the opportunity to play for everyone. A special thanks to Jen for her professionalism in taking care of the fine details like parking and keeping the band hydrated. That is appreciated more than the band can put into words. We wish ever event organizer was as professional and detail oriented as Jen. Thanks a million.

Here is a short video of Baja Marty introducing the band. Hopefully some more video will be posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHKlVo2DFZQ

The Eliminators play again Sunday at the HB Pier http://www.myspace.com/theeliminatorssurfband

On 2009-07-27 09:44, Tiki-mingo wrote:
Hi I just wanted to say thanks for a great time everyone. This was my first "tiki" event, and everyone was super friendly and super nice, and I had a great time. Walked away with a great necklace from Nelson's Tiki Hut, and even get my picture posted on here! (I'm the one in the Pink Flamingo dress). It's probably been a while since any of you were "outsiders", and I just wanted to let you know that coming to this was great fun even if I didn't really know anyone. Hopefully I'll see you all again at Tiki Oasis.

Don't ya love it?! :) You're gonna have a blast at Tiki Oasis!

D

Some more bonus pics from Saturday...

Yowzaa!!

That hat totally works! See...it magnetically attracts cute girls to his scalp! Good plan!

Marty and Go-Tiki in a quiet, reflective moment...

Mr. Chewy Marble himself, the immaculate Brian Kassan.

Documentarian Mr. Joe Banks, Marty Lush & TikiPhantom with proof that he talked to her.

Eric and Manuel, the two nicest guys ever! And they pulled the pin! Look out!

Still life of Grog and bamboo.

The Italian Tiki contigent! Fuggedaboutit!

Had a great time! See everyone at Oasis!

I'm stoked that everyone had a great time! Ray, you're the best!..I think we make a good team on these events..it's fun from start to finish! Thanks to The Eliminators and Tequila Worms..you guys rocked! lovely workin with you as well Tim..thanks!

These events are a success because of everyone involved..not just Ray and I..it's all the amazing art from all of you vendors, great bands, beautiful models and the wonderful crowd that comes to see it all that makes us all look forward to the next! It was a pleasure meeting those of you that I haven't and seeing everyone involved in our last show again.

The Bahooka's staff was incredible! Jeff thanks so much for helping with the tunes!...Kirby once again the pendants are sweet! Toni, it was nice to meet you..love the necklace! Go Tiki..thanks for letting us borrow Garrison! You tell him he can work any of our shows..he's hired! Crazy Al...great art and dancin! Jeremy and Renee..you guys are super sweet..thanks for kinda keepin an eye on our stuff :wink: Nelson's..you guys get ahold of me if you need any help! I'll have to get out to more events this next year and see everyone..have a good one guys!

Muah! - lil wahine

Thanks everyone for supporting your local beachcomber, and a BIG thanks to Lil Wahine Jen and Tiki Ray... it was a fun night at the Bahooka. Great organization, awesome people, it was quite rememberable!

T

Jorge from JMVFOTO sent me some professional pics of some of the girls . Check em ...

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1019/4a6f8ecd.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1019/4a6f8ecd.jpg)

And heres Jeremy who brought 10 sets of prints , limited to 20 per set and sold all but 2 prints that night . He should have tried harder . The boy has TALENT !

Heres the link to the U Tube video of the Tiki/Pinup show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_QAtPQw04
And the Eliminators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWua-12pYRE

We hope you enjoy folks .

T

Well, I must say that I am THOUROUGHLY blow away with the attention to this thread . For a week after the show this thread was still #1 in Cool and Current Topics . I cant believe it is STILL at #2 .We are almost at 14,000 views so far . Then I checked Tiki Oasis which has been running since March and Otto has 19,000 views . Im beginning to think that people are not looking at the art but are more interested in the pinups . Well , as long as they keep looking I guess .

On 2009-08-03 11:18, TIKI-RAY wrote:
. Im beginning to think that people are not looking at the art but are more interested in the pinups . Well , as long as they keep looking I guess .
We are almost at 14,000 views so far . Then I checked Tiki Oasis which has been running since March and Otto has 19,000 views .

You should do some marketing research on that. Start a thread called "A picture of my latest tiki carving" with a picture of the tiki. At the same time, start another thread called "A picture of a pinup girl" with a picture of the girl. That would probably show you where people's interests actually are.

If you add up all 13 threads on Oasis in events, the views are around 38,000. You better watch out because the two threads on that bonfire are closing in on your 14000 total real fast!

Quick, post another set of girlie pictures!

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 186 replies