Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

squid stuff in the works- PNG inspired drum pendants Pg 18

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 298 replies

B

Man, that's perfect tOny!! I can't wait to fondle this one :) Welcome to the Ruiners Club brother! :)

PS: go back a page you all and Check out the piggies made by Kirby, GROG, and tOny...they are just FANTASTIC!!

[ Edited by: Babalu 2009-08-07 23:22 ]

S
squid posted on Sat, Aug 8, 2009 12:01 AM

OMG tOny! Your piggie is awesome. Everyone is stepping up to the plate at the porkfest. And you certainly have delivered the goods with your sculpting "chops"!!! Are you doing a honey glaze? :D

T

Honey glaze??? What the? Oh I gotcha, took me a second. I can't wait to see them all at oasis!

K
kirby posted on Sat, Aug 8, 2009 9:50 AM

mmmmmmmmm honey glaze.

SQUI-uueeeeeeeeeeeL! Dangnabit an tarnations!! Dem pot belliez jus keep slopp'n thru defense... my mouf waterz at tikitOny, Grogstar and da Kirb'z swine-line of dat massive Lou Ow Longbowl!! :D I kin rant n rave boutsome talent hear but my fav-O-rite head so fer is...

dats a shagnasty prickleheaded beasty boar...hooooooooEeeeeeeeeee!!! :lol: Staaanky too! :P

C

Very cool pig fever going on around here! :)

M
mp posted on Sat, Aug 8, 2009 4:40 PM

Great work everyone, Cant wait to see these piggies in person. Squeeeeeeeeeeel

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:37 PM

On 2009-08-08 13:05, Clarita wrote:
Very cool pig fever going on around here! :)

Maybe it's the real SWINE FLU!!!

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:40 PM

More hot hog action for Tiki Oasis...

C1: Tiki Pig 1 by Squid.
C2: Untitled by Squid.
C3: PigFink by Squid. (This is not a functional mug. The spaces between the teeth are cut out.)
C4: Maori Povich Squid/Ken Ruzic
C5: Tiki Pig 2 by Squid.
C6: Chomp by Squid.
C7: Porquesan by Squid (SOLD)

S
squid posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 8:47 PM

Time for some tlny pendant stuff....

Just completed for Ohana Luau at the Lake, may I present Lil George, the spittin' image of his big brother George the mug:

And I decided to make a little version of the PNG anteater sculpture. I like the idea of him as a pendant.

More soon! Thanks for stopping by!

C

On 2009-08-09 20:47, squid wrote:
Time for some tlny pendant stuff....

Just completed for Ohana Luau at the Lake, may I present Lil George, the spittin' image of his big brother George the mug:

And I decided to make a little version of the PNG anteater sculpture. I like the idea of him as a pendant.

More soon! Thanks for stopping by!

Lovin' 'lil George - can't wait to get one at OHANA!!!!

& Here's hoping you bring some of those cute 'lil anteaters out East, too :wink:

Hey Squid,
What is a Castaway Ceramic's Favorite Color?

MAROON!

Not nearly as good a word play as Porquesan!

B

How do Pappy?

Granddaddy Ruiner here....well Pappy, I'm not going to have this little ole Bumper Car Piggy done til after Oasis :( Jus not enough time in the day Pappy

But, I thought I would show you a couple little progress shots...all the glaze work is done on the little bumper car part...the pig body now gets primed, and painted with the purdyest titty pink automotive metel flake you ever saw :) then, I have to shoot a clear coat on him. And that's not it...I still have to build the little removeable mug toten drunkin' Shriner dude in a seat that fits inside too.

This thread is just ooozing with eye popping stimulation that turns me into a mouth breather as i rock back and forth maniacally laughing.

This is some eye-schorching, creativity-inspiring stuff.

The taillights on the last one were seriously unexpected.

S
squid posted on Wed, Aug 12, 2009 2:04 PM

On 2009-08-12 12:32, Robb Hamel wrote:

The taillights on the last one were seriously unexpected.

Oh yeah! Chromed bumper piggies! Who knew??? I'm crazy excited about what folks are doing with this critter!

B

Here's mah squeelers, Pappy! Fresh from the mutant lab!

Thissun one don't know if'n he's a comin' or a goin'!

Thissun tol' me to call 'im "Smilin' Beady Eyed Death" else he were gonna et me!

Weeee-Hoo!

Ruiner Bowie

All the creativity on these collaborations is making my head spin! I wanna play!

T

Here's my finished and glazed porker! Thanks again!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 17, 2009 8:02 PM

Thats great tony!!
Grog delivered my pig bowl to oasis so I never had a chance to take any good pics but I snapped a few as it sat in squids booth...

L

KIrby I love the way your pig bowl turned out!

That pig bowl rocks! If there's ever a list for it.....sign me up!

CJ

sounds like castaway ceramics needs a new one on their line

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 12:34 PM

Squiddlers,
GROG' "Pigi Bob" came out pretty well, except for the damned glaze flaking off. Same thing happened on the salt shaker. GROG thought it might have been underfired bisque on Salty Bob, but Pigi Bob had a good full bisque fire, so it's the damned glaze. GROG get a different underglaze, and refire, and we should have bacon soon. GROG gotta go out-of-town for a week, so GROG work on Pig when GROG get back.

LT

Pigi Bob's sooo weeet; like bacon!

V

Grog - I love that Piggi Bob!

Sorry about the glaze. I've been there (glaze malfunction nightmare land) more times than I care to remember. I feel your pain!

Henrik

Grog, piggy Bob is brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Amy

C

here piggy, piggy, piggy - SOOOOOOOOOOIE!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 18, 2009 4:40 PM

Thanks everybody. He was fun to do.

S

So GROG, do you mind if I have my freakin' thread back now????? :D
Babalu's Yipwan Drum mugs inspired me to do this trio of PNG drum pendants. These will be sold as a set thru Taboo Island. 2" tall.

OK GROG, your turn...

[ Edited by: squid 2009-08-24 22:37 ]

B

Squid Quote last pg "So GROG, do you mind if I have my freakin' thread back now????? :D
Babalu's Yipwan Drum mugs inspired me to do this trio of PNG drum pendants. These will be sold as a set thru Taboo Island. 2" tall."

Dude...Oh My GAWD! GorJesus!!!

[ Edited by: Babalu 2009-08-24 22:48 ]

LT

Those need to be mugs!

A set of three drums!?!?!?
Ya cain't BEAT that!

Those turned out quite masterful!
teeny tiny!

Beauty! Only 2"? That's some fine carving there, Squid!

Somehow makes me want a beer. Steins next?

S
squid posted on Tue, Aug 25, 2009 1:29 PM

LOL, Babs, Kiki and yes, even you Kinny...Thanks! Just wait til Max gets his mits on 'em.

Must... take... break... from... tiny... stuff...

R

On 2009-08-24 22:35, squid wrote:

TINY THINGS ARE ALWAYS CUTE!

Rawkin details there, squid!

:)

Everyone's stuff was crazy good! Squid you are King! Kirby the Luau Pig was WOW! Glad Amy got it!!!

S
squid posted on Tue, Aug 25, 2009 3:54 PM

Ravers... how the hell did you whittle that lil kitten?

Kelly... You are too kind. I promise to get to the Rumpus Room in the next millennium for one of your smashing concoctions. :)

Dang Squid! Those are fan-bloody-tastic! Can't wait to see the finished item.

See ya in Albany.

Mr. CH

T

AWESOME!!!!...However, I HEARD that SQUID likes to dip his "Tangaroa" in warm doll wax before bedtime...

[ Edited by: THOR's 2009-08-26 03:01 ]

Edited due to being unfunnily innapropriate. Now if it had been funny . . .

Retro Modern Wahine ~ blog, etsy link, and more!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-08-27 05:42 ]

This may be a question for "ask Little Lost Tiki anyting" in bilge but I wanna know what the carving medium is.

S
squid posted on Thu, Aug 27, 2009 2:05 AM

On 2009-08-26 21:16, Sophista-tiki wrote:
This may be a question for "ask Little Lost Tiki anyting" in bilge but I wanna know what the carving medium is.

Dawn! Save me from the scary people!!!!!!!!

OK, Thor and Kiki are gonna love this:

It's a "rigid tooling wax". (There, I said it) It's mostly used to machine prototypes for precision parts.

I just know this thread is going to go straight down the tubes now...

Did somebody say...

love.Junior

where would one get sum "ridgid tooling wax" if one wanted to "play" with it?

...entering the conversation as a straight man....

SQUID~ Totally fantastic trio of pendants! Nicely done.

...leaving the conversation as a straight man....

B

"rigid tooling wax"???

sounds kinky...the pendants are great tho. remind me of a line from a Cramps song: "When the drum-beats start, it's time to go"

T

Squid - Love the drum pendants, man!

How about a set finished in oyster black pearl to match my Ludwigs? :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 298 replies