Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Exotica Girl thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies

oh oh oh I got one of them rare calendars.
but um the pages are all stuck together for some reason.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

O

Photos were not the only images that nursed the fantasies of exotica.

(extra points if you can identify the artists)

Some more Exotica Girls from my collection to add to this collection...

and a shameless plug for our own tribute to Miss Exotica, in glass mosaic form...

ch

On 2009-06-11 18:31, cheeky half wrote:
Some more Exotica Girls from my collection to add to this collection...

and a shameless plug for our own tribute to Miss Exotica, in glass mosaic form...

Cheeky Half, your album covers were particularly WONderful!
And I'm coveting the glass one of your handiwork!
Niiiiiice! :)

We are missing my personal favorite, from BOT, pg 22.

T

I'd like to see some more of this model! Howwwwwwllll! :wink:

My sentiments exactly BigT!!!

Hubba Hubba!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2009-06-23 08:37 ]

haha!
She can be seen splashing about in waterfalls - well, hot tubs - at most major tiki events.

Except this year :(

Hopefully she can bust out the ragged brown at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans this summer - or maybe the SF Tiki Crawl if she can swing it? Not that there's a waterfall in the bus.

T

On 2009-06-23 10:51, Formikahini wrote:
haha!
She can be seen splashing about in waterfalls - well, hot tubs - at most major tiki events.

well there must be video of this somewhere! Hello youtube! Anybody? Youtube?? :P

Roy, if you're thinking there's some kind of the-making-of-the-Primitiva-tribute video, like the SI Swimsuit issue has, um - no. But it would have been funny as hell to tape our barging into the restaurant where we did this, telling them, "It's ok; we're supposed to be here for this photo session." We were carrying so much photography crap, we had to be legit, right?

The diners inside stared. A lot. "Why is that woman climbing into the koi pond? And what in the hell is she wearing?!"
I was just terrified of slipping on the algae.

At least, unlike Sandy Warner, I was not in freezing water with tadpoles biting my ass the whole time.

Regarding footage anywhere else, that kind of stuff belongs in our memories only. It's always better there.
Although I'd still kill to have a video of our collective Esther Williams water entry dive into ChipnAndy's pool at Hukilau in 2005. 'Course, I think we looked a LOT prettier in our minds than we did IRL! :lol:

Here are two stills of that dive. Proof that we were not the Olympic Water Ballet Team that we thought we were...

I'm pretty sure the giant, whale-like, 5-point-automatic-deduction splash is mine....

And also I'm pretty sure these shots don't really belong in a thread about The Exotica Girl! :lol:
Sorry for the temporary derail!

Great thread.

Is that really Sandy Warner? She looks fantastic - how old is she there?

:lol:
Thanks, Robb!
But I prefer not to reveal my age! :wink:

See p. 2 on this thread, 1/4 down.
First Sandy Warner, then me.

I only wish I looked as luscious as her! In my dreams!

TM

On 2009-05-29 11:52, Son-of-Kelbo wrote:
Grog beat me to the Green Orion Slave Girls, but I've always also been partial to "The Dolman" --

Oooo.

omg. I have been aware of that title since I was a kid, but I only just now got that it was Helen of Troy. Weird.

It's like the time I suddenly internalized the fact that there were two Darrens, instead of accepting both interchangeably without a thought.

H

Web of Love Scopitone

I just saw Web Of Love and was going to post it!!! That is hillarius. I love it. I want to (when my basement tiki bar takes life), have videos like that one playing on a constant loop in a dark corner...does any one have that going on? How would you do it, just on a computer?

Found this on slothunleahed.com. Thought it might fit.

A Fritz Willis calendar page I hadn't seen before. This is getting framed and hung in my tiki bar. I think she fits the category of Exotica Girl.

Does this fit in? She was at Ohana at the Lake. I could watch those exotic hips move all day :wink: (and apparently the guy in the chair totally agrees).

Best thread ever!

K. Based on an earlier post (Murph's?), I went to Winkytiki.com. WOW! What a great set of modern exotics!!! But, as I was reviewing the material in a purely scientific way (ahem), I came upon this one...WTF? It's kind of like a train wreck... not sure if it's the tats or what?

Is that a fertility god in the background?

T

I love that last pic. One of the best

On 2009-06-02 12:58, Murph wrote:
That voodoo yoodoo!

Hahahaha! Leave it to tiki culture to take an album of (faux) polynesian and (faux) asian music and give it the name of a Haitian religion. I love this stuff.

my friend key just posted this

great Album cover .

Once again,

Debra Paget!

Sabina Kelly in Frankie's Tiki room photoshoot in Bizarre magazine
http://www.bizarremag.com/alt-girls/cover-girls/9709/sabina_kelley.html

B
Bau posted on Sun, Aug 1, 2010 2:45 PM

S

Check out these foxes. One requirement that I find absolutely paramount in the exotica girl is her ability to outsmart or distract anyone with her look and chemistry.

Also gotta give a special shout-out to Virginia Hey who isn't even originally from this planet.

[ Edited by: socksoff 2010-08-04 14:31 ]

S

On 2009-11-18 05:10, LoungeShark wrote:
K. Based on an earlier post (Murph's?), I went to Winkytiki.com. WOW! What a great set of modern exotics!!! But, as I was reviewing the material in a purely scientific way (ahem), I came upon this one...WTF? It's kind of like a train wreck... not sure if it's the tats or what?

I definitely don't like tats on an exotica lady. It's too childish and rebellious. Exotica women should be timeless, space-age, unique. The only tattoo I can understand would be one made by a savage cannibalistic tribe trying to maul or sacrifice the broad to a mountain god or chief which can be chalked up as an occupational hazard.

Shouldn't there also be something EXOTIC about their facial features, or their appearance, or at least the setting they are in?

M

Nice, but NOTHING ever beats Miss Paget's dance in Fritz Lang's "Indian Tomb"...

...to which I posted a link to in the very first post which opened this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32511&forum=1&vpost=456862

(in which I also offered some guidance as to the definition of the Exotica girl, guidance that has fallen an deaf ears a lot in this thread unfortunately)

No wonder that Elvis had the hots for her!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0uKy5GfMw&feature=related

"Love Me Tender 1956 -- Elvis' First Movie -- Starring Elvis Presley as Clint Reno and Debra Paget
Elvis got a flat $100,00 fee for the movie. Debra Paget first appeared with Elvis on the Milton Berle Show in June 1956. She began her career at the age of fifteen in Cry of the City (her brother Ruell Shayne had a bit role in Love Me Tender) Contrary to popular opinion Debra Paget did not give Elvis his first screen kiss. That honor went to Jana Lund in Loving You 1957

During filming Elvis fell madly in love with co-star Debra Paget. He thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. However, Paget was not interested because, at the time, she was dating Howard Hughes. At nights he would drive over to Paget's family home and park outside for hours watching who was arriving. Elvis never got over his first love. From then on he searched for the Paget look in almost every woman. Many believe that Elvis was smitten by Priscilla because she was a variation of Debra Paget. Upon learning this, Priscilla went so far as to try to look like her rival by changing her hair."

Miss Paget eventually got sick of being typecast as the Exotica girl in the mid-sixites and married a Chinese oil millionaire, became a Christian and had her own religious TV show for a while.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 12, 2010 11:09 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-10-12 11:21 ]

On 2010-10-12 09:05, bigbrotiki wrote:
Nice, but NOTHING ever beats Miss Paget's dance in Fritz Lang's "Indian Tomb"...

When my friend Rob Craig was writing Ed Wood: Mad Genius I strongly suggested he mention this somehow.
But instead he went with my other suggestion Julie Newmar's gold dance in Serpent of the Nile as a film predecessor to the dances in Orgy of the Dead as it tied in to the dancer dipped in gold - inspired more by Goldfinger. I wish he would have listened to me - its not like I'm a frustrated caveman like GROG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaX8kKjeD08

I lifted this pic from Buzzy's thread.
Model: Cupcake Lola(?)
Photo by Tony Marisco
Drum by Buzzy

"The Nude Wave in Hollywood" - Playboy March 1961

On 2011-09-20 11:09, Kita St Cyr wrote:
Very inspired by the Exotica ladies in this thread, especially Debra Paget, here's some pics from my new burlesque number!

looking forward to seeing you perform; you should get a hold of lil' steph and do a philly show.

Love it, and the Tiki, too.

Gorgeous! :o I looked at some of your videos on YouTube - they're amazing. I would love to see one of your shows!

Ava Gardner

Enough said.

DC

What about Lala the Exotica Girl of the internet age. Star of one of the first and most popular podcasts ever made Tiki Bar TV.

You can still see her dancing to exotica music in just about every episode of Tiki Bar TV

She was the the star of a really cool retro pin up calendar.

and she looks great wet

K

bending the threads' intent a little here,
but this 1956 shot of Anita Ekberg wouldn't be TOO out of place.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30245&forum=5&vpost=564005

In later posts it became clear that this shot was from the title sequence of above mentioned Martin/Lewis vehicle.

HJ

Hubba hubba.

Anita in that kit certainly qualifies as an "exotica girl," in this opinion.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of Nova from The Planet of the Apes and Beneath the Planet of the Apes- Actress Linda Harrison. Different circumstances but there is still a Castaway element in the Planet of the Apes and I think she fits.

As does 50s & 60s Sci Fi, So I concur.....

From "Queen of Outer Space"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 270 replies