Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki CD Release! FREE COMMUTER FLIGHT. Tonga Hut. Saturday! 8:00 Pg 6 - CD Commuter Pack! Pg 8

Pages: 1 2 3 4 143 replies

S
squid posted on Sat, May 30, 2009 6:19 PM

Captain Lush is visiting his parole officer so he asked me to post all the info here:

TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS FREE COMMUTER FLIGHT!

Tonga Hut, North Hollywood
8:00 PM...not 7:00

The Tikiyaki Eggroll Co will be providing their famous deep-fried, in-flight delights!

9:00 CD listening!

We'll be there to sign CDs!

DJ Lush spinning exotikitsch, lounge, and wacky sounds from Tikiyaki Airways international routes!

Guest bartenders include Captain Lush and El Maestro Tikiyaki shakin' up Jungle Jetsetters!

Tikiyaki lucky fortune cookie prize drawings!

Sexy stewardesses!

Did I mention sexy stewardesses?

AND...If you are a card-carrying member of the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki (MOT) you will get extra chances to win prizes. Must bring your membership card to qualify.

PLEASE HAVE YOUR ID READY AT ALL TIMES.

Thank you for flying Tikiyaki. See you there!!!!

[ Edited by: squid 2009-06-22 15:24 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2009-06-22 15:44 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2009-06-26 02:21 ]

D

My bags are packed! Oops, I forgot clean underwear!

On 2009-05-30 18:31, Digitiki wrote:
My bags are packed! Oops, I forgot clean underwear!

Who needs underwear?

Hopefully, we'll see you at the 'port.

S

East Coast represent!

T

I swear I'll finish this record in time !

Tonite, 11:00 PM...get em' - We'll be playing in the Hidden Village this time, where Tapua usually sets up for the Luau brunch, facing the banquet room. This is going to be a really cool and different Tikiyaki Show, with a package that includes stellar food and Swag Bags. World Champion fusion Bellydancer Tehani will be joining us once again doing her unique brand of dancing....a mix of Traditional Hula and Bellydancing to add that great Exotic element to the show. The swag is super fun, and Don's will be serving our signature original cocktail, The "Jungle Jetsetter", as well as those super tasty Don The Beachcomber drinks.

For those of you that don't know, Marie is now in charge of the bar at Don's....She's an expert mixologist well versed in classic Tiki culture and classic Tropical cocktail recipes - Anyone who's been to Buster's in Long Beach knows she uses the Beachbum Berry recipes over there, and mixes them letter perfect. She's the one in charge of the bar making sure that those Don Drinks are done right.

For me, I get to play in one of my favorite Tiki rooms again...The Hidden Village. heYO!

See you all on the Tarmac !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-06-01 17:28 ]

T

double post

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-05-31 22:44 ]

Sweeeeeettttt Jimmy my man- I cant wait, cuz thats my birthday weekend.

D

This promises to be a killer event! I love the banner ad too!! If Captain Lush is in the lounge, who's flying the plane!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 9:20 AM

The ad should say FLY IGNITED, because Captain Lushy is TOASTED.

D

"What do you mean there's nobody flying the plane!!!"

R

Dun worry...ya gots an autopilot

:D

Will you be serving the Famous "Tikiyaki Egg Rolls"? I am off to book my flight.

On 2009-06-03 11:35, little lost tiki wrote:

Judging by the planes trajectory and what looks like smoke
billowing out, their coming in for a crash landing.

And look, those drunken kids are happy!
Maybe they shot it down with
his sling shot. Kids today!

Velvets by J. Sallin

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2009-06-06 14:25 ]

On 2009-05-31 07:55, suzanne wrote:
East Coast represent!

Flight is booked - the East Coast will indeed represent!

(Mega jet lag, here we come...)

T

This just in :

For those of you who were at the Blessing of the Hidden Village Show last year, you'll no doubt remember our pal Crazy Al's Blessing and fun performance with us.
Well, The Crazy one will be back and part of the show, as well as a Sponsor.

http://www.tikimania.com

http://www.fluffshop.com

TM

I can't wait to hear the new CD. I am really looking forward to it, and am happy it will feature all the regular members of TO this time!

TM

Oh man! I just clicked on the banner and read some of the stuff....That's too funny!

Spangler BS-1 indeed!!!!!

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 9, 2009 3:08 PM

On 2009-06-09 11:00, lucas vigor wrote:
I can't wait to hear the new CD. I am really looking forward to it, and am happy it will feature all the regular members of TO this time!

Who said we were "regular"?

TM

On 2009-06-09 15:08, squid wrote:

On 2009-06-09 11:00, lucas vigor wrote:

Who said we were "regular"?

All of you are, except that horrible Marty Lush!!!!! Degenerate gambler, scalliwag, libertine, drunky is what he is!!!

S
squid posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 1:10 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. (OK I'm not REALLY the captain. As usual he's in the Sky Lounge groping stewardesses and getting completely hammered... jeeeeez... )

First we would like to go over the itinerary because, well, some of you have NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION!!!

A. 6:00 Check-in. Get your boarding pass and enjoy cocktails and appetizers while awaiting boarding of flight 151. Flight monitors are located in the airport lounge with up-to-date flight info.

B. 7:30 Boarding. After being subjected to a full body cavity search by our highly trained security staff, you will be directed to your seat. There you will be presented with your gift bag from the Tikiyaki Air Bazaar.
Thrill to the EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA SWAG! Enough cool stuff to make you almost forget about the humiliation you just experienced at the hands of security!

After a rigorous flight-check you will be treated to a fabulous exotic meal served up by our flight attendants. Hopefully Captain Lush will be sobering up while you're eating.

C. 8:30 Take-off! Captain Lush, assisted by the Tikiyaki crew will be jetting you to an island paradise! Live EXOTICA by Tikiyaki will be the backdrop to your island tour, complete with Hula Dancers, a Crazed Tiki Carver, GENUINE TOURISTS, and other visual delights!!!

Once we've visited all the islands, we'll return you safely to the airport with your belly and ears delightfully full. Browse the duty-free gift shop or dive into the Tikiyaki Tours after-party with more live entertainment and.... booze!!

AND NOW THE REALLY COOL STUFF!

**Every passenger has a chance to win prizes such as:

The new TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD!

Tikiyaki's own JUNGLE JETSETTER COCKTAIL!

DINNERS for 2 @ DON THE BEACHCOMBER!

SUNDAY BRUNCHES FOR 2 @ DON THE BEACHCOMBER!**

and..............drum roll please

The midnight prize drawing for.........

AN ARTIST'S PROOF JUNGLE JET PACK

Yup you heard right. The Jungle Jet Pack is sold out! But some lucky tourist will walk away with an even more rare version that night.

MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN

Welcome aboard and please press the call button should you need further assistance. While we offer first, business, and coach class, please remember that we have none at all. Thank you for flying Tikiyaki.

[ Edited by: squid 2009-06-10 01:34 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 1:54 PM

One of Pilot Lush's better landings: http://www.405themovie.com/view.asp

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 2:00 PM

If you're having trouble viewing it, try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKg5-asGRHY

Vote DAILY for GROG' niece:
http://tinyurl.com/p8nojd

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-06-10 14:02 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 12, 2009 12:46 AM

Captain Lushy drinking to another succesful landing. His motto:"Any landing you can walk away from, is a good landing."

I remember that. THat was perfect landing because i managed to bring that big bird down without even spilling a drop of my cocktail. Now that's skill

TM

"they wanted me to march in washington last week.....I would'nt even march for the ITALIANS!!"

T
TNT posted on Fri, Jun 12, 2009 5:23 PM

We just booked our flights - ready for takeoff

I'm sorry but FAA does not allow TNT on commercial flights.

T
TNT posted on Fri, Jun 12, 2009 7:05 PM

I was under the impression this was an exclusive charter flight, no?

On 2009-06-12 00:46, GROG wrote:
Captain Lushy drinking to another succesful landing. His motto:"Any landing you can walk away from, is a good landing."

If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Hot Damn!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 14, 2009 9:46 AM

Hey , GROG just go to Tikiyaki website ( http://www.tikiyakiairways.com/ ) and listen to "Singapore Swing" in the in-flight music, and it make GROG really excited to hear the rest of the new songs you guys are going to be playing. Good stuff. GROG like.

SQUID tell GROG a little bit about some of the fun things planned for release party at Don the Beach Comber, and it sound like it going to be really fun night. Dinner and a show, to say LEAST. More entertainment than just the Tikiyaki Orchestra playing, too; it sound like you guys are going to be having as much fun or more than the audience!

SQUIDDLES say you guys have got some really nifty stuff for the swag bags, too. Yeeha!

We're DEFINITELY going to get more than our money's worth out of this night.

Only two weeks left!! GROG looking forward to it.

Vote DAILY for GROG' niece:
http://tinyurl.com/p8nojd

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-06-14 09:47 ]

I can't wait for my Jungle Jet pack to arrive! Is it June 27th, yet?

T

or do you still think the 27th is the planned day for the Mug/Album/Pendent/Bag

S
squid posted on Sun, Jun 14, 2009 2:08 PM

On 2009-06-14 10:06, teaKEY wrote:

June 27th is the celestial convergence for all things exotica.

The CDs will be available on the flight and we hope to ship the Jungle Jet Packs a couple of days before (fingers crossed).

PLUS.... Tiki Joe's Ocean will also be released the same day! Wooooo!

TM

Damn.

Guys, I won't be able to make this. It turns out I have a private party gig to play that night. I will be with you in spirit, though!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 15, 2009 1:13 PM

Fly Tikiyaki Airways for the most memorable flights you'll ever experience.

On 2009-06-15 13:32, little lost tiki wrote:

Hang on, Ernie!

I was debating on going, mostly because I hate having food picked out for me in advance (I know, I have issues). But now I think I might need to be there to see Cap'n Lush! When is the fan club getting started? Can I be the president?

Anyone sitting in the cheap seats I can hang with?

R

On 2009-06-15 16:26, Kiki von Tiki wrote:

On 2009-06-15 13:32, little lost tiki wrote:

Hang on, Ernie!

I was debating on going, mostly because I hate having food picked out for me in advance (I know, I have issues). But now I think I might need to be there to see Cap'n Lush! When is the fan club getting started? Can I be the president?

We already got a Marty Lush Fan CluB! And you best join up now missy!

And that Ernie pic is WTF :lol:

What?! I need more info on the Marty Lush fanclub! He's my hero! And why am I just now hearing about this? Tell me more, Raves . . .

T

Is this Lushy Lush or Jimmy Kimmel cause I really like his show when I catch it.

S

On 2009-06-15 16:26, Kiki von Tiki wrote:

Yeah, you got issues all right! Ya get 4 meal choices, chosen by YOU! Now stop the whining before I call TSA to "wand" you.

Plus you and your cheap seat buddies will be amazed at the...tada...

TIKIYAKI BAND CAM!

That's right, no one will miss out on any of the action from any seat in the house.

So remember, you can pick your seat, you can pick your meal, but you can't picket, Wilson.

On 2009-06-14 14:08, squid wrote:

On 2009-06-14 10:06, teaKEY wrote:

June 27th is the celestial convergence for all things exotica.

The CDs will be available on the flight and we hope to ship the Jungle Jet Packs a couple of days before (fingers crossed).

PLUS.... Tiki Joe's Ocean will also be released the same day! Wooooo!

Wooooo indeed & mahalo, Squid! The 27th is jam-packed with Exotica. L.A., Seattle and Lemonsqueezer's Hawaiian Beergarden in Munich! How cosmopolitan~

Wish I could be there to celebrate with the T.O. Much success with the CD, Jim at al. Singapore Swing sounds niiiiice~Can't wait to hear the rest.

Capt. Lush- you may now consider this a hijacking....

Debut Exotica CD PRE-SALE now!
http://tikijoesocean.com

T

Hey, got any pics of what the Artist's Proof Jungle Jet Pack (pg 2**) will look like. Or if no pic and it is a viewing surprise, could anyone say what it may look like. How many A.P.s will be in existence over all. I don't think any color could top the bone color unless Gecko got ahold of it. And the drummer does know Gecko... WEll that would have been cool

it'll look like a Artist's Proof Jungle Jet Pack,teaKs!
take the leap!
jump into the abyss!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 143 replies