Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki CD Release! FREE COMMUTER FLIGHT. Tonga Hut. Saturday! 8:00 Pg 6 - CD Commuter Pack! Pg 8

Pages: 1 2 3 4 143 replies

R

well --john is no longer a secret agent since i know who he is???

John looks like he MEANS it!
:lol:

On 2009-06-24 12:53, squid wrote:

YES, weary travelers! And don't forget, you'll be greeted by our friendly TSA agent who will welcome and comfort you after a long day of travel!

OOoooO...I can not wait!! :D

T

What a happy guy . Wasnt he a Wal-Mart greeter once ?

no. they're usually retarded
while john just ACTS like it!
:lol:

will there be free cavity searches?

R

On 2009-06-25 13:21, little lost tiki wrote:
will there be free cavity searches?

AS OPPOSED TO PAYING FOR ONE? WHY?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be there!

...but not for the cavity searches, yikes! :lol:

free cavity searches are much better than the ones you pay for!
BEWARE OF CHEAP IMITATIONS!

Accept only QUALITY dibroc Cavity Searches,ladies!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 25, 2009 4:40 PM

Better than sex and no strings attached.

T

Well that took a whole new direction .

CJ
S
squid posted on Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:15 AM

In appreciation of our loyal Sky Miles customers...

the Tikiyaki Air Bazaar is proud to present:

Available only at Tonga Hut Airfield this Saturday!*

*Not available for online purchase. Not available to people who PM or email for a "bro hookup". Not available to anyone except people who drag their arse to the Tonga Hut this Saturday with Federal Reserve notes in their hands. We don't care if it IS your Auntie Gertrude's birthday. Really. Don't even ask.

Thank you for flying Tikiyaki!

TM

I can't believe you are giving this stuff away for only 25 bucks! The CD alone is worth that!

Capt. R.H. Falernum shall be in attendance.

...with money ...for merch & booze.
...and with my hearing trumpet to pick up each delicate audio-acoustical property demonstrated within this listening event.

$10 CD special at the show. That's right folks, we pay you $10 to take these CD's off our hands

TM

On 2009-06-26 13:40, Marty Lush wrote:
$10 CD special at the show. That's right folks, we pay you $10 to take these CD's off our hands

Marty, I think you like Frank Sinatra almost as much as I do!!!

(I just noticed your "Bar in far bombay" quote!)

S

You commuter passengers are in for a real treat! Captain Lush has just completed a most awesome in-flight movie to go with the CD screening. We trust he'll be sober enough to thread the reel tomorrow.

And I just received word from the control tower that the entire Tikiyaki crew will be on board for this flight. So come on down and "get your wings" with Lush and the gang.

Look for the Tikiyaki Tour Director when you arrive and please have your ID handy at all times.

Thank you for flying Tikiyaki!

T

Jungle Jetpacks are in flight and headed for their destinations....

I've got a gig with Deke this evening in Westwood... I'm going to try and make it by afterwards.

Got to have the NEW CD!!! :)

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-06-27 08:50 ]

S

On 2009-06-27 08:49, Dartin Menny wrote:
I've got a gig with Deke this evening in Westwood... I'm going to try and make it by afterwards.

Got to have the NEW CD!!! :)

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-06-27 08:50 ]

I'm jealous. Deke rocks!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jun 27, 2009 12:31 PM

Looking forward to a fun night at the Tonga Hut tonight. Captain Lush at the wheel----never a dull flight.

S

On 2009-06-27 12:31, GROG wrote:
Looking forward to a fun night at the Tonga Hut tonight. Captain Lush at the wheel----never a dull flight.

L

I am jealous that you guys did this down in SoCal...there needs to be a mass exodus up North people!

Looking forward to more photos..Joe love that name tag.

and.....man I want some egg rolls right now!

On 2009-06-27 23:25, leleliz wrote:

...Joe love that name tag.

I can't take credit for the name tag....that was all Squid!

Fantastic flight last night. I will recommend your airline to all my shipmates.

I arrived at my destination with the swankest of travel bags & craziest of swag -- along with a stellar CD. Who could ask for more? You truly fly the friendliest (and/or intoxicated-est) of skies.

Cheers!

[ Edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2009-06-28 19:28 ]

We had a great time!

T

Even though there was alot of turbulence on this flight, Capt Lush landed the plane safely and a good time was had by all.

Thanx everyone who came out and showed support. bought CD's and stayed for the ride.

Big Mahalos go out to our Tikiyaki Airways crew...

Dibroc - as the TSA Agent
Hiphipahula as "Helen Hunt", your tour guide
Joe Banks - Black Box Locator

Also thanx to Jeremy, owner of Tonga Hut, for hosting this shindig on about 4 days notice.
Nikki and the other bartender (forgot his name), for making the Jungle Jetsetter cocktail to perfection

Hope you all had a great time last night are enjoying the CD with your hangovers today !

Thank You for flying Tikiyaki Airways.

K

Great time guys.. You work way to hard for your fans, flying far far above the call of duty.. mahalo....

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 28, 2009 11:12 AM

Damn you Marty Lush! It fun time last night when GROG drunk, but this morning GROG just feel dirty and used. How come you never return GROG calls?

squid wrote:

I'm jealous. Deke rocks!

Don't be too jealous Squid.... we played Bluegrass at the movie premiere of Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia at the Crest Theatre. It was a blast, but a pretty random gig at that.

Wanted to make it by last night, but I didn't leave Westwood until 1:30am.

Is there any chance any of you Tikiyaki's will be at Busters today? And, if so, will there be swag available?

Great Party last night at the Tonga Hut in NoHo! Thank You! "Swingin Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" will be a Smash!! Are you sober yet Capt. Lush???? "Thanks for the Egg Rolls"

where's all the pictures???

I didn't get many pix but here they are!

T

What an awesome flight! The new disc sounds incredible! Mahalo Jim and all the Tikiyaki flight crew fer getting the event off the ground again on such short notice... and Mahalo to Jeremy and the Tonga Hut ground crew for the last minute change of venue!

I noticed in the liner notes of the CD insert a mention of "Swizzle sticks by Royer" Are there swizzle sticks? I didn't see any last night! Are There Swizzle Sticks? I want! ARE THERE SWIZZLE STICKS?!? I WANT!!!

T

An incredible and long awaited new CD guys . The night was great and the visuals and video to go along were really a hit. I am still pulling out more swag from that flight bag that I didnt see last night . It was the best $25 Ive spent in ages . And thanks for the announcement for my show as well . You guys RAWK !

More photos can be seen at Tikiyaki Airways.com or Tikiyaki ORchestra.com--check'em out.

L

oh sweet jesus

Never let a Lush loose with a sharpie :wink:

great pics!

FANTASTIC Cd Jim & the guys of Tikiyaki! The sound of the breeze blowing threw the tropic air, waves crashing on the shore and the sound of a distance steel guitar .... I'm gone............... anywhere but here... Thank You.

My favorites so far: Bachelor # 1, Sunset on the Kona Kai(because I love the ending) Makaha and Poho Moku(again with the ending)
Tomorrow I may feel different The Album is all GOOD! WOW that Jim Bacchi can write a song!

S

Well, the East Cost represented on this one, with bells on! After the first annual Ersatz Los Angeles Tiki Tour (headed up by yours truly) for the delightful Martiki-Bird and Tabuzak, we found ourselves in the wild of the the commuter terminal of Tikiyaki Airways... strange that it kinda looked the the Tonga Hut.

Here are a few of my pics:

Martiki-Bird with a favorite shield at Oceanic Arts:

Suzanne, Tabuzak and Martiki-Bird at OA:

Pre-flight cocktails at Trader Vic's LA:

Pre-Flight Ohana at Vic's:

Fierce security at the security checkpoint:

Suzanne and Captain Lush:

Some hack with a cool shirt:

Some things money can't buy. For everything else while flying the Lushy Skies, this should get you through:

Great seeing everyone on Sat. Glad we all got to do something fun
for all the hard work Tikiyaki put in to this. It was a blast! Yummy egg rolls!
Enjoyed your signature drink!

We've received our Jungle Jetpack! Wow! It's like a Tiki Xmas!
Just wanted to say congrats again for putting together a stellar
CD along with a beautifully executed concept from cover to cover.
Love the drum logo appearing everywhere and the tikiyaki airways
details. We still can't believe it!

Bravo!

Jason and Claudette

I have gone to my Hotel room to discover Helen Hunt our Tikiyaki Tour Guide is missing! This is all that I have found of her remains! Please Help to hunt her down before the next Tikiyaki "Swingin' Sounds of the Jungle Jetset" Tour! Stay Tuned!

Helen Hunts remains:

"Won a tikiyaki give away? "Go to Helen Hunt for it"

Here's a few more from my camera! Had a BLAST!!!!

Man am I sorry I missed this...looks like it was a hell of a party! I was so sick all weekend...now that it looks like I may live, I went out to the mailbox and my CD was waiting for me! Thanks guys for shipping it so quickly!

any News on the rescheduling of the Flight?

On 2009-07-06 18:24, bigtikidude wrote:
any News on the rescheduling of the Flight?

I was hoping so also, i'd still come out & play along :D

T

Ok folks, we took the bag on its maiden voyage to Oahu . I thought you might like the promo pics . Here you are....

cindy thumbing her way around the island

on the beach at Waikiki

me near Chinamans Hat

Cindy at Bonzai Pipeline

Me at the Bishop Museum

Cindys pic of another type of bag

Cindy really checking out that bag.

Just as an FYI, for those of you who were diggin' in the music videos that we played during the listening party. They are now up for your viewing pleasure on tikiyakiairways.com Just click on the IN-FLIGHT MOVIE button.

Cheers
LUSH

Pages: 1 2 3 4 143 replies