Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

What a great outpouring of art again, y'all. Wish I could be there. Instead:

Great Release party Nick Congratulations! I think we all had good times, Thanks Tonga Hut. All the art was captivating to say the least. Doug, tiki TOny, Eric, Stacey, Grog, Marty Lush your awesome, Kirby, great Tiki's. Kudos's all the way round!
We missed ya BigBro!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-08-02 03:32 ]

JB

N

It was great seeing the Ohana last night. Thank you so much for supporting Tiki Magazine. I'd like to thank all of the Tiki Mag contributors especially the ones that were able to make it last night. I hope I don't forget anyone, JP, Kari, Doug, Matt, Grog, and the Headhunter.

Nick

My friends and I had a GREAT time. Drank some drinks, met some really awesome people, and I got to see my first article in the magazine!! Hope to see you all again at Tiki Oasis!

Nick Camara: YOU and your magazine were the reason for the party last night so thank YOU!!! And mahalo to Tonga Hut Jeremy for letting us celebrate, once again, at his fine establishment. A splendid night for Tiki... then again, isn't every night? Hope to see you all soon again! ~ Kari

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 2, 2009 11:16 PM

Yeah,Thanks Nick!!The new mag turned out great..I really appreciated the lil mention of the loss of our rumpus room dog "peanut". It just reminds me how although the tiki community is growing leaps and bounds with alot of the push being from Tiki mag..It still remains a close family, With many real genuine folks I m happy to know....It was great bein apart of the show,and thanks grog and(paipo) for letting me use that tiny little corner of your table, to sell my stuff..

T

Great seeing you all! Thanks Nick for another great issue! Thanks to you all for supporting the beachcomber lifestyle again!

T

Looks like it was a great time and had a nice crowd.

R

On 2009-08-02 22:13, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Nick Camara: YOU and your magazine were the reason for the party last night so thank YOU!!! And mahalo to Tonga Hut Jeremy for letting us celebrate, once again, at his fine establishment. A splendid night for Tiki... then again, isn't every night? Hope to see you all soon again! ~ Kari

AWWW MAN, I'M SO BUMMED I MISSED IT! ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S IN MY HOOD :(

• Rosered.

wow what a great time! I dont get to do many of these, but this was a great time, seeing old friends and meeting too. Great drinks, great artists, great tunes!

Amy

SF

I'm a little late with this but just wanted to send some love. First up a big thank you to Jeremy for letting us use his fine establishment for this and other tiki events. Ernie, thanks for your work on promoting the event, Grog know promotion. Nick at Tiki Magazine, thanks for thinking of me for the 2nd time as a cover artist. It's a real honor. Marty Lush, great tunes man! And a big thank you to all who came out and supported the Tonga Hut and the artists! You guys rock!

See everyone at Oasis!

T

Just wanted to say thanks again to Nick for having me in the magazine! MAHALO NICK! I am beyond excited! What a great event the release party was!

Thanks to Jeremy for hosting, the two new drinks are stellar!

Thanks to to Marty Lush for spinning the tunes!

Thank you everybody who came out for the show!

Now back to my break-neck pace to finish stuff in time for Oasis!

H

On 2009-08-01 22:41, bigbrotiki wrote:

WHAT THE... 40% off Absinthe??? Pick me up TWO bottles BIGBRO!

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies