Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Smoking Menehunes!

Pages: 1 17 replies

TM

We have finally begun updating our myspace (Thanks to tiki bong!) and would like all of you to come on by and check it out! There are a lot of new pictures from various gigs we have done in the last 4 years (You will see some familiar faces playing with us!).

We have not added new songs as of yet, but that's coming next! Please take a moment to become a Smoking Menehune friend, if you have not already done so! Look forward to some youtube clips of the way we sound lately, coming in the near future!

http://www.myspace.com/thesmokinmenehunes

welcome to the 21st Century.
now just make sure that somebody keeps up on it.
:roll:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

YAY!
you boys are SMOKIN!

Glad the menehunes are still at it...

TM

Thanks LLT!

Yes, we are totally still doing it! We are tighter and more professional then we ever have been! People coming to our performances will be blown away, (in my opinion!) Once we get some youtube clips up, people will be able to see for themselves. Unfortunately, the only Smoking Menehunes clips on there now were from when the band first started 5 years ago, and before I was involved in it. But that will change soon. As usual, 90% of our performances are private events and gigs, but once a month we are playing somewhere like the Catalina Fish kitchen and Buster's Beachouse. I would suggest coming to the Buster's gigs if possible, because Marie is there working the bar, and well, we all know how excellent and authentic her tropical drinks are. The catalina kitchen is fun, but it is usually very crowded with our core audience (The 50-70 year old demographic!)

Other projects I have going: The Hula girls are set to play the oasis, though I do not believe it has been listed.

I am also starting a jazz lounge project with my dear friend Vince, one of the most amazing jazz guitarists I have ever heard! This project will be similar to the Martini Kings, not in style per se, but in the fact that it will be a real small combo. We will be focusing on Wes Montgomery style stuff and a lot of rat pack and italian-american singers..should be pretty cool.

As always, I want to publically thank Woohoo ...just for being a good friend and the smoking menehunes un-official press agent!!

Good going, Smokin' Menehunes! Keep that heavenly hapa haole-ness happenin'!

-Weird Unc

TM

It would be excellent to get the Mai Kai gents down here for a show at Buster's!!! Maybe get the Freaky Tikis and make Hapa Haole fest '09!!!!!!!!

On 2009-07-09 12:54, lucas vigor wrote:
It would be excellent to get the Mai Kai gents down here for a show at Buster's!!! Maybe get the Freaky Tikis and make Hapa Haole fest '09!!!!!!!!

I'm game! Let's talk about this.

-Weird Unc

TM

I think I am seeing King Kukulele this weekend, so I will bring it up with him!

At their live shows the Smoking Menehunes describe "menehunes" as "rascals similar to leprechauns"' so I'm thinking Tiki-Fest South Bend at Notre Dame....any investors? I'mjust sayin'

MH

This is the best handle I've seen on TC :wink:

bump

TM

Why thank you, Jeff!

Say, did you hear this one?

A man walks into a bar, apparently normal looking except for the fact that his head was the size of a grapefruit, no bigger. The bartender, being bored and rather curious, finally had to ask him..."Mr, WTF is with wrong with your head?"

The man chuckled, and said.."No problem, everyone always asks me"...and proceeded to tell his story to the bartender.

It seems that at one time he was a fisherman, who had no luck all day but finally decided to throw his net in one last time before heading home empty-handed. This time, though, he could feel something heavy in the net, so he excitedly hauled it in, expecting a big fish (Or a new casio keyboard or something)...but lo and behold, it was a mermaid!

Well, she immediately started crying and pleading to be let go...but the Fisherman, being a poor man refused. "Look, dollface, I need to keep you. I am going to keep you in a cage and show you off and make a whole lotta dough off you!"...at which she told him "Look Mr., you just don't understand! Our people have lived a long time with no human intervention, and revealing us to the world would destroy our whole way of life. Think of it! Your scientists would be down there to our undersea cities in a new york minute, capturing us, studying and dissecting us...look, if you let me go I promise I will give you three wishes, whaddaya say, man?"

"Hmmmm", thought the fisherman. "three wishes? Sounds like a great deal!"

So she asked him what his first wish was....and he thought about it and said, "I want a million dollars".....BOOM! A huge pile of money appeared at his feet. Very pleased, he said "My second wish would be.....(looking around)...THAT huge house up on the hillside above us...I want it!" BOOM! The deed to the house was laying at his feet.

The Mermaid was starting to dry out, and getting impatient to get back in the water" Hurry Mr., what's your last wish?"

The man could honestly think of nothing, except...she was pretty darn hot looking! So, "Well, maybe a little nack-nack, know what I mean, sis?"

She laughed and shook her head...."Not much I can do for you there, pal...see, I got gills down there, not much else..!!!"

He thought about it for a second...."well then, how 'bout a little head?"

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: Lucas Vigor 2011-02-15 13:20 ]

wow Lucas,
just wow.

Jeff(btd)

TM

Ha cha cha!

I still got it!

sit on it!

Jeff(btd)

Cha Cha Cha !

On 2011-02-16 10:08, bigtikidude wrote:
sit on it!

Jeff(btd)

Aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

There was this guy, whose favorite food and drink had always been Chili and Beer. This was what he ate 3 times a day, prior to meeting the love of his life and getting married to her. The problem always was, that despite his cravings for chili and beer, he always had extreme gas followed by lots and lots of belching. We are talking an abnormal amount! The farts were really stinky, and the burps always also filled the room with the amusing aroma of the chili he had consumed. It was so bad that it affected his love life. He remained single for many years as a result. It wasn’t until he quit eating chili and drinking beer that his life started improving. He was able to get a job, work in an office around other people, and eventually met a beautiful girl and got married to her! Still, his life was somewhat sad because he missed his favorite food and drink, and always felt deprived.

Well, life goes on and year after year, he was real good about never giving into his secret desire (which he had never told any of his co-workers or his wife about). He never cheated or tried to satisfy his cravings…yet, he would often dream about chili and beer. The thought of it consumed him, and he was tormented by it.

On the day of his 40th birthday, he took stock in his life and realized the one thing missing was his favorite guilty pleasure. He couldn’t stand it anymore! On the way home, he stopped at a restaurant and finally gave in. He ate two huge bowls of chili and had 3 glasses of beer! Damn it tasted sooooo good! Even though he knew the side effects that surely must be coming, he savored every drop despite feeling somewhat guilty about the whole thing….

But a strange thing happened after he left the restaurant: He actually felt fine! A little twinge here and there, but not the stinky, recurring farting or nasty belching! Could it be that years of abstinence had finally cured him?

As he pulled into the driveway, his wife met him at the front door with a rather mischievous look on her face. Something was up!

“Honey”, she said, “this is your birthday and I wanted to surprise you! I want you to put this blindfold on and sit at the table, while I finished preparing dinner….but DON’T you dare take the blindfold off because I don’t want to ruin the big surprise!”

Happily, he agreed. She put the blindfold on and led him into the house and sat him at the table. “Now remember, no cheating! I am just going to finish up in the kitchen, so you just sit there quietly. Should be about 10 minutes or so, but I know you can sit there without cheating and removing the blindfold! Believe me, it will be worth the wait!”

He heard her leave the room. Problem was, he was now starting to feel the old situation coming back! The urge to fart and burp was coming fast, and coming STRONG! Feeling that he was safe, and that she could not hear or possibly smell, he let loose. Tentative at first, a little “ffflllloooottttt”…elegant, delicate and shy as a butterfly.....but then, “BBBRRRRAAAAAAATTTTTTT”….a horrible, loud fart! Instantly, the room filled up with the nastiest, meat-smelling odor he had ever emitted! It was truly profound…but wait! Hold the phones! “BBBBBRRRANNNNFFFFFF”!!!! EVEN BIGGER! Krakatoa!! This one was so powerful he could feel his asshole tingling. Surely he browned his shorts with that one! Caltech must have registered it! And horribly, amazingly, this one stunk even worse! A warm, humid odor redolent of parmasean cheese, diapers, the bottom of a dumpster on a hot July day, baby vomit!

Feeling safe and secure, he started farting rapid fire, one after another…and belching as well! Belches that were loud and wet sounding, smelling vaguely of tuna fish and Astroturf, mixed with Indian food…it was bloody fantastic! He was actually smiling and trying hard not to laugh!

Almost as fast as they came, they disappeared and he started feeling a tad better. The worst was over and none too soon! He could hear his wife “Almost ready, hon, hear I come!”

She entered the room and placed various dishes on the table. She removed his blindfold.

Seating around the table with him, faces reflecting horror and disbelief, were his Boss and 4 of his co-workers!!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2011-02-16 15:16 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies