Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

An open message to Tiki Central-Cliques and exclusions. where did the ALOHA go?

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

B

Wow - did I miss something? Can't believe this old thread was revived.

T

Excellent, concise and well-put observations, woof.
And we're a hell of a lot more civilized than those bastards over on OwlCentral

I think a lot of times people's comments come off rude when they are actually well intended to be funny or to inform. I've gotten upset at people's comments to something I've posted and now in retrospect they were actually teaching me something. Maybe I posted something idiotic or something that was way off base as far as tiki goes. There is a ton to learn on here and some people just don't teach well. I get knee-jerk reactions to things and then take a second to try and read the posts in various tones.
Thick skin helps. As time goes by here I notice that my posts sometimes can be read in the very same tone I read others in. It's hard to help clue people in without coming off as an ass.
Just my thoughts on this very entertaining subject.

I've been waiting for someone to dig this thread up for awhile, why would anyone think that people who like Tiki are a bunch of Aloha saying hippies? The kind of Tiki stuff I like revolves around Rum Drinks, Spears, War Clubs, Headhunters, Topless Native Women, Sharks Teeth and Wild Boars. No Ukuleles, Puka Shells, Koa Beads or walks on the beach at sunset. :roll:

Where's the Aloha? I think Captain Cook may have asked that same question. :lol:

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2010-06-13 20:00 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Jun 13, 2010 8:41 PM

On 2010-02-07 22:08, Zeta wrote:
JA JA! It's a jungle out there!!!

I always thought TIKI was more "scary" than "aloha".
The aloha spirit is great, I really love it and believe in it, but "tiki spirit" is more aggressive. And I like it that way. Tiki is by definition, politically incorrect.

Don't confuse my point. I am fighting open hostility, not sharp or edgy humor. Not every rude comment is funny or cool or acceptable.
I revived this thread because in it, there's another proof of tikipug's antisocial behavior. There was a single thread about it this morning (not posted by me) but it was erased after I posted some OTHER examples of tikipug's hateful, bitter and negative posts on different times and threads. There was no insults from my part. Only one question:
tikipug, what is your problem? CHECK YOUR HEAD!
I know many people don't like tikipug's "humor and style" so he's been red flagged before.
Whatever...

P.S. Bora Boris, cool graphic!

Why is poo flinging lauded as humorous when done by lower primates but decried when done by man? Discuss.

As I recall from some book....The first attempt to visit Tahiti by an European ship - an English ship under captain Samuel Wallis - was met by tahitian rafts of two camps - a peaceful camp and a war camp. The war camp decided that they would throw some stones at this giant strange ship - the typical way to attack an enemy raft.

The English ship in response fired a canon into the war camp rafts. Keep in mind to the tahitians this vessel would have been virtually supernatural it was so much larger than anything in their experience - and a wrath of the gods canon shot even more so.

The Tahitians got the hell out of there and tried to save whoever survived the canon.

J

Not to derail this thread (actually in this case that's not a bad idea)....

Martian-Tiki, I think this is the first post I've ever seen from you without a naked woman in it !!

On 2010-06-13 20:41, Zeta wrote:

On 2010-02-07 22:08, Zeta wrote:
JA JA! It's a jungle out there!!!

I always thought TIKI was more "scary" than "aloha".
The aloha spirit is great, I really love it and believe in it, but "tiki spirit" is more aggressive. And I like it that way. Tiki is by definition, politically incorrect.

Don't confuse my point. I am fighting open hostility, not sharp or edgy humor. Not every rude comment is funny or cool or acceptable.
I revived this thread because in it, there's another proof of tikipug's antisocial behavior. There was a single thread about it this morning (not posted by me) but it was erased after I posted some OTHER examples of tikipug's hateful, bitter and negative posts on different times and threads. There was no insults from my part. Only one question:
tikipug, what is your problem? CHECK YOUR HEAD!
I know many people don't like tikipug's "humor and style" so he's been red flagged before.
Whatever...

P.S. Bora Boris, cool graphic!

No offense but, it seems like you may be obsessing on Tikipug a little. If it is really bugging you that much have you tried pm'ing him to resolve this? Or you could just try and ignore it.

B

Bora Boris - I laughed so hard at that graphic my dog actually jumped in fright (it was super quiet in the room)! That's F'ing hillarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Zeta - I've had issues with others and I find it best to just ignore them. Just enjoy yourself here and don't let the buttheads get you down - there are PLENTY of others who are supportive and friendly :).

The advise on this thread is epic and spot-on. I am a long time collector of tiki, but a neophyte to the community of tiki. I just got home from Hukilau and I made friends with folk...whether they wanted to be friends or not!

I danced like a fool, swam under the spell of a midnight moon, drank rum until I was perspiring simply syrup, goofed on all things tiki and made sure I always had someone alongside to enjoy the moment.

Watchout, TC folk. I WILL be at other events and I will be making friends with you too!!! Can you manage a little Vince Martini?

On 2010-06-13 23:39, JOHN-O wrote:
Not to derail this thread (actually in this case that's not a bad idea)....

Martian-Tiki, I think this is the first post I've ever seen from you without a naked woman in it !!

See that Escapade article on rum drinks.

V

Tikipug has class.

[I will never leave TC and either will my pal Tiki Pug !!!

good.

On 2010-06-13 12:39, Zeta wrote:

Seems like tikipug is a recurrent offender...
Why do we tolerate it?
What is his contribution to Tiki culture?
Why did the thread "tikipug needs some attention" was erased but his hateful comments on my Tiki Embassy remain?

Yeah! Why did it get erased? It was in Bilge, appropriately, I have never heard of a post being erased before...
All the better, why give a dog his day, eh?

Zeta, some people are just mean in spirit and soul and will go to extreme measures to spread their kind of misery, it is best to just feel sorry for them and wonder what happened in their life to sour them so.
Vaya con Dios Amigo en EspaƱa

Can we PLEASE move this dumb thread to BILGE asap! I have NO idea why people decide to continuously drag up this totally dated and inconsequential thread, whose headline makes me cringe each time I see it. I can understand Tiki Pug's frustration, but to scatter-spam the General Tiki front page so that all the interesting, quality post disappear with it is a bit much.

To avoid further such desperate measures, please vote this childish thing into the oblivion of Bilge, people!

[ Edited by: Donnabeach 2010-07-03 12:26 ]

Look, TIKI CENTRAL is NOT some reality show called "HOUSEWIFES OF ALOHA-VILLE"!!! If you wanna watch bitch-fests like that, turn on the TV. And if it DOES show up here, boot it to BILGE swiftly, and do not nurture the notion that it is something worthy to discuss here!

So stop feeding this testament of human weakness with further inane comments, just do away with it!

W

Why does this thread keep popping up to the top? I can't figure it out.

H

On 2010-07-01 09:30, bigbrotiki wrote:
Can we PLEASE move this dumb thread to BILGE asap! I have NO idea why people decide to continuously drag up this totally dated and inconsequential thread, whose headline makes me cringe each time I see it. I can understand Tiki Pug's frustration, but to scatter-spam the General Tiki front page so that all the interesting, quality post disappear with it is a bit much.

To avoid further such desperate measures, please vote this childish thing into the oblivion of Bilge, people!

My pleasure! And locked too.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2010-07-01 13:14 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies