Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

An open message to Tiki Central-Cliques and exclusions. where did the ALOHA go?

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

M

OMG palapala that crap is still going on in here?

K
KeithH posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 4:10 PM

I just want to know what happened to the orange cupcakes!

M

maybe one of these would help them be a little nicer!

S

ther seriously just looks naughty...

T

TRUE Tiki Spirit

Thortiki

there was orange cupcakes???

pie???

On 2009-08-04 14:05, tiki-riviera wrote:

Mrs. Riviera - Marries up.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Paul. I thought you were still together.

[ Edited by: monkeyskull 2009-08-04 21:14 ]

K
KeithH posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 7:46 PM

On 2009-08-04 17:10, Sophista-tiki wrote:
there was orange cupcakes???

Yeah... the hostes cupcakes still come in Chocolate... but the orange was out of this world.

I KNOW!!! they were my favorite> Im all about any kind of orange cakeness have you checked at the hostes factory outlet in your area?

On 2009-08-03 19:27, TikiPug wrote:
I have a bunch of friends on here, but tend to hate TC members whose initials are BB.

Don't be hate'in.

What did I step in!?! Oh MAN! I wish people would curb their dogs.

W

How helpful when someone comes waltzing in after the dust has settled and decides to throw a little more bile on the fire. But since it was brought up: Yes, yes, oh God yes! The Hostess Orange Cupcakes are weirdly delicious.

RB

Woaaaa! Stop the presses. I thought all NW people were weird, not just NW tiki people.

It's the Seattle folks that are weird, not us in Portland! :lol:

W

It's true...There's somethin' about Oregon that sorta mellows the people. It's like they're more in tune with nature and that makes 'em really laid back. I've never exactly figured it out, it's kinda like there's somethin' in the air

M

On 2009-08-05 06:42, Rum Balls wrote:

Woaaaa! Stop the presses. I thought all NW people were weird, not just NW tiki people.

It's the Seattle folks that are weird, not us in Portland! :lol:

Right....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Palahniuk

S

Not reading all this thread. I just want to say to all new folks:

Do not assume or be intimidated. If you talk to any of the tiki peeps, you will find them to be some of the friendliest and most interesting people you ever met.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 11:34 AM

GROG hope this thread goes away soon.

TT

On 2009-08-04 21:26, bananabobs wrote:

I have a bunch of friends on here, but tend to hate TC members whose initials are BB.

Don't be hate'in.

Good Lord. What is with you two?

Why doesn't one of you start a new thread and just have it out once and for all instead of clogging up other peoples topics with your CRAP!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 12:08 PM

This thread is now locked.

No more hatin' and bumping the hatin' ( unless it's against Ruzic).

P

I have nothing to add, I just always wanted to post on a locked thread.

I like when Hanford goes camping.

I bet the Seattle TC'ers could kick the Portland TC'ers butts in a rumble! Let's settle this best of the Northwest thing once and for all. Weapon of choice is vintage Kahiki swizzle sticks. It's Go time!

W

That's a great idea. Tell me how it works out.

Maybe this will help,Ernie!

this guy in washington state would probably be good for partyin' with...

R

On 2009-08-03 15:05, little lost tiki wrote:
pick your nose and lightly flick it into said stuck-up elitist's drink/drinks

If I find boogers in my drink at Oasis you know what will be in yours!

Oh never mind, I didn't see the elitist part. Your cocktails are safe, I declare Oasis a booger booze free zone!

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2009-08-05 13:59 ]

M

Hahah the guy in the picture above looks like a psychiatrist. Anyone need help?? LOL. I guess a Dr. would be better than a spankin.

ain't that Terrence McKenna?
aint he dead?

M

On 2009-08-05 07:16, woofmutt wrote:
It's true...There's somethin' about Oregon that sorta mellows the people. It's like they're more in tune with nature and that makes 'em really laid back. I've never exactly figured it out, it's kinda like there's somethin' in the air

That picture is completly rediculous. How will the cute li'l critter ever reach the carb?

OGR

I think in an hour he/she will want carbs...PIZZA or a big PU PU Tray...I think...or not

T

Don't lock it...archive it...simply for the fact a new internetz word was created. Props to dewey-surf for coming up with MAHOLA ...that is just great. MAHOLA can take it's place along side other boo-boos such as TEH and IODOT.

PS...ditto those orange cupcakes

P

Ok with me for a lock, or archive.....
To quote "Saint Lauper";
THE GIRLZ JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-08-05 17:01 ]

Oh for Christ-sakes, as I stated earlier, IT WAS A LONG DAY.... :evil:

RB

I bet the Seattle TC'ers could kick the Portland TC'ers butts in a rumble! Let's settle this best of the Northwest thing once and for all. Weapon of choice is vintage Kahiki swizzle sticks. It's Go time!

Maybe we can have Pete Krebs play "The Rumble" from "West Side Story" on Saturday night at Tiki Kon, and we'll have a swizzle stick dance-off between the Jets (Seattle) and the Snarks (Portland)! :lol:

P

Alright already!
just how many of you have been at the mouldy rye bread....
Gone, but not ergotten?:D

Oh krikeeeee...I gotta get up to a WWGreatNorthWest Slamfest some time soon...cocktails, cupcakes, smokin' squirrels...sounds very Tikifunnish.

S

On 2009-08-05 18:43, Rum Balls wrote:

Maybe we can have Pete Krebs play "The Rumble" from "West Side Story" on Saturday night at Tiki Kon, and we'll have a swizzle stick dance-off between the Jets (Seattle) and the Snarks (Portland)! :lol:

nah,, wouldnt be fair, cuz the best Seattle Rumbler will be stuck in Seattle havin a yard sale. (don't worry, I'll save the tiki crap for the next sale!)

J

On 2009-08-05 22:21, sweetpea wrote:

nah,, wouldnt be fair, cuz the best Seattle Rumbler will be stuck in Seattle havin a yard sale. (don't worry, I'll save the tiki crap for the next sale!)

I think that the Rumble should be more like the Rumble 'Dance off' in Weird Al's "Eat it" video. We can add the swizzle sticks AND the Ho-Ho's. Or maybe it should be Little Debbie's?

And, Peaster, I think you should bring out ALL the tiki stuff at your sale for those of us who don't get attend the tiki event! Jus' sayin...

On 2009-08-06 13:34, jonelle wrote:

On 2009-08-05 22:21, sweetpea wrote:

I think that the Rumble should be more like the Rumble 'Dance off' in Weird Al's "Eat it" video. We can add the swizzle sticks AND the Ho-Ho's. Or maybe it should be Little Debbie's?

And, Peaster, I think you should bring out ALL the tiki stuff at your sale for those of us who don't get attend the tiki event! Jus' sayin...

Maybe we should just settle it by having a Ho-Ho eat off!! I declare Seattle the winner before the contest even begins!!

this thread is still here .... :D

W

No. This thread never happened. And you're not here either.

So what the hell am I replying to and where am I posting this?

W

And before anyone decides to try and mess with my head I just figgered I should let you know: I keep a sharpened Ho-Ho in my boot and I will totally cut you with it. Then enjoy its delicious combination of chocolate cake, creme filling, and waxy chocolaty coating right in front of you.

T

Just read this whole thing, I'm tired. The great thing about this thread is that pretty much everyone wanted to help, even those who were slightly hurt by the first post. This reminds me of the early days of TC when tikibong would annoy someone, there would be a quarrel, then Gecko would come in with some words of wisdom and aloha, and everyone kinda realized they could all be a little more accepting. It's great to see resolution and that seems all pallapa needed. Seriosly, stay away from grog and lost tiki though :)

Hey!
GROG and I resemble that remark!
:lol:

P

bIG mahA-lolo-ha"s TiKiTONy!!!
"KUMBAYA, MY LOOOOOORRRRRRD,KUMBAYAAAAA!!!!!"
( INSERT AUDIO HALLUCINATON OF NEIBOURHOOD DOGS HOWLING,AND APPROACHING POLICE SIRENS...)
p.s. THE Ho-HO'S ARE ON ME!

Make me something Tripical. You know,a mai-tai,with 3 shots of rum!
My tiki mugs now on sale! see them at http:\palapalasmug.etsy.com

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-08-06 16:02 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Jun 13, 2010 12:39 PM

On 2009-08-05 11:54, Tuna Tiki wrote:

On 2009-08-04 21:26, bananabobs wrote:

Don't be hate'in.

Good Lord. What is with you two?

Why doesn't one of you start a new thread and just have it out once and for all instead of clogging up other peoples topics with your CRAP!!!

Seems like tikipug is a recurrent offender...
Why do we tolerate it?
What is his contribution to Tiki culture?
Why did the thread "tikipug needs some attention" was erased but his hateful comments on my Tiki Embassy remain?

I am getting tiered of this random dumb ass attacks and insults. Maybe this announcement will discourage future comments like tikipug's

People with no class, please leave Tiki Central. If you are not smart enough, I you just don't "get it", restrain yourself from witty humor. look around and listen, but don't ruin other peoples threads with your embarrassingly stupid and bitter comments. It's simple, if you don't have anything good, interesting or constructive to say, then, say nothing at all!

W

"Why do we tolerate it?"

We don't tolerate it so much as we just ignore it. Some of us will address negative behavior and moronic attitudes directly without getting into the name calling and muck raking. Most of the logical approaches are ignored because:

1. It's better to just let it die because someone who is purposely acting like an ass will just ignore logic and sense.

2. Someone who seems to be purposely acting like an ass may be completely oblivious that they're acting like an ass.

3. Sometimes Person A thinks Person B is acting like an ass when in reality Person A just doesn't have a sense of humor or (more commonly) has some grudge against Person B and nothing Person B does will ever be received in a positive light by Person A.

4. It's much more fun to screech and throw poo.

"(How is this) a contribution to Tiki culture?"

It's not, but neither are many of our posts here. Whether a post is a contribution to Tiki Culture should often be a consideration when posting in particular forums but whether a post contributes to a generally positive atmosphere on Tiki Central should be a consideration when making any post.

No, that does not mean forced smiles and fake friendliness as so many have hysterically proclaimed in the past. It means constructive criticism or direct non-antagonistic comments when necessary.

That said, sometimes it's just more fun to screech and throw poo. If that's the case there should be an attempt to screech creatively and avoid throwing poo directly in the eyes.

"Why did the thread "tikipug needs some attention" was erased but his hateful comments on my Tiki Embassy remain?"

I'm not a monitor so I can't address that. I figured it was more appropriate to comment on the Tiki Embassy situation in that thread.

"People with no class, please leave Tiki Central..."

A nice idea but it's never ever gonna happen. A better idea for anyone is to just ignore the morons and keep on providing useful content. There are far more people appreciate good contributions and useful interaction than there are yahoos attempting to make you feel like an idiot.

Unfortunately the yahoos are often the only ones who bother posting. But they're just speaking for themselves and obviously have nothing better to do with their time than that to try and annoy practically imaginary friends.

*On 2010-06-13 14:28, woofmutt wrote:*If that's the case there should be an attempt to screech creatively and avoid throwing poo directly in the eyes.

Can we wear goggles?

On 2010-06-13 14:28, woofmutt wrote:
"Why do we tolerate it?"

"People with no class, please leave Tiki Central..."

I will never leave TC and either will my pal Tiki Pug !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies