Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki oasis 2009 POST Pics here

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

Randy, as usual your photos are the Best!

Thank you for sharing.

Great pics Randy! It was fun seeing you guys again, even if it was just for a little while.
Ran

Wow, those pix are INCREDIBLE! What kind of CAMERA do you have???
Really great shots, all of 'em.

R

these ROCK! SUper sharp and clear. Thanx randy! :)

[ Edited by: RoseRed 2009-08-20 17:09 ]

R

I have my T.O. pix up now at my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/rosemarston

also, better and enhanced pix (and a slideshow) on my myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/5028859

[ Edited by: RoseRed 2009-08-20 13:26 ]

[ Edited by: RoseRed 2009-08-21 10:27 ]

Wow Randy, awesome pictures.

Thanks so much for a great Oasis, we had so much fun. We had the week off and started at our friends house in San Jose, and a Pirate Party! Then drove down the coast through Big Sur, went to Disneyland and ended up at the Oasis Party. Great week!

Loved the bands, car show, pool and loved the rum tasting and Bosco's symposium and slideshow was great (brought back memories of when we were young and my parents took us to the Coral Reef, now closed)...

Here are some pix...

Yay, we arived at the Bali Hai (stayed this night at the Bay Club next door to Humphrey's, they were booked up)

Mai Tai

We made grogs in our room and drank from our coconuts while watching the show

Cheeky girl. I loved how all the men were photographing her, up close and personal.

Burlesque show was fun

The vendors were awesome. Someone bought this great piece!

I wanted this...but alas...

There were some amazing pieces

We saw this tiki bar at Forbidden Island in the parking lot

Sold out says it all

I loved this display

Tiki Tony

Toting off their tikis

Matt had one of his mugs pin striped

The car show was great!

Matt with drinks at the Prima truck

This cute couple was dancing by my favorite van

I love the Woody's

On to the rum tasting!

This was waiting for each of us, 200 people x 8 shots of rum... they did such a great job!

Brenda!

I always knew gnomes were smart!

Here I am, watching the bands

Crazy Al, love the swizzle sticks

The morning after, and a long drive home ahead of us, boo hoo

Our anniversary photo, courtesy of Downtown Disney! 10 years for us on Sept 11, 2009. This is getting framed and hung on the wall :)

Thanks for putting together such a great Tiki Oasis. I hope we'll be able to go again next summer! Aloha!

A

Hi, thanks everyone for the nice comments on our photos. My wife took all the band pics, so I'll pass that along to her.

Ran - good to see you too, you've gotta get Dale and the little one to stop by next time!

spycygrl - we've got a canon 40D, makes us look like we know what we're doing!

RoseRed - might I suggest you edit your post so it doesn't repeat our pics? My post was pretty long, so I hate to make people scroll past the whole thing twice.

I forgot to add thanks to the volunteers. We had a pleasant time with all of them, from registration to the symposiums. Hukilau Brown working as volunteer wrangler again looked like he was doing a great job, while even keeping a fun attitude. I even thought the security were nice - one of them stopped by while I was djing to ask about some music.

I'm telling you though, that Tommy Bahama rum sample in the gift bag tasted terrible! So did the Bacardi mojito sampler (and why was it white and creamy?).

-Randy

B

Two Tiki King trophies were misplaced at Oasis. Only 8 of these were made so if you know someone with this throphy or King Kukulele mug please have them return it to us!!

ALSO remember to post your photos to the FlickR group 'Tiki Oasis'

J

Wow, great pictures! Thanks everyone for sharing because it makes the telling of stories to my friends a lot easier when they can see it for themselves :) Next year, I'm gonna have to bring my own camera and take pictures myself.

S

On 2009-08-20 13:53, aquarj wrote:
Hi, thanks everyone for the nice comments on our photos. My wife took all the band pics, so I'll pass that along to her.

Hey, Randy:

Does she photograph bands for a living? Really incredible shots...I might like to hire her to come take photos of my boyfriend's band, some time, if you live in SoCal.

Also...looking into that camera for MYSELF!
Thx.

C

Randy, those are some beautiful shots she took! You can practically see the wax melting off Mel's mustache! And those Cads shots truly capture the mood. Also thanks to her for getting a shot of the Devil-Ettes dancing at our Saturday day room party, because we didn't get any pictures of that party.

Brent

R

Ran - good to see you too, you've gotta get Dale and the little one to stop by next time!

spycygrl - we've got a canon 40D, makes us look like we know what we're doing!

RoseRed - might I suggest you edit your post so it doesn't repeat our pics? My post was pretty long, so I hate to make people scroll past the whole thing twice.

I forgot to add thanks to the volunteers. We had a pleasant time with all of them, from registration to the symposiums. Hukilau Brown working as volunteer wrangler again looked like he was doing a great job, while even keeping a fun attitude. I even thought the security were nice - one of them stopped by while I was djing to ask about some music.

I'm telling you though, that Tommy Bahama rum sample in the gift bag tasted terrible! So did the Bacardi mojito sampler (and why was it white and creamy?).

-Randy

• done! sorry peeps :)
R

these ROCK! SUper sharp and clear. Thanx randy! :)

[ Edited by: RoseRed 2009-08-20 17:00 ]

A

Hi,

spycygrl - thanks again! And thanks for asking about taking pics, but my wife Naomi decided to kind of hang up her hat with stuff like that since we had kids (plus we're in norcal). She used to take band pics mainly for her own pleasure with her old film camera though. We have a 40D and there was another guy near the front taking pics with a 50D, so his pics must be 25% better! Anyway, most good SLR's can take nice low-light pics these days, and then if you have a good "fast" lens you're all set! Not that we have so much knowhow, but maybe a few little tips, so feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more camera stuff offlist.

congawa - good to see you guys albeit briefly in hallways, elevators, and your room party. Also Vix's hair fez was very impressive!

-Randy

Great pics everyone!

Hey Randy, Don Brewski here, aka Jeff Utterback, drummer for The Huntington Cads. Thank you and Naomi so much for posting those pics! Amazine quality...Thanks again and we hope you (everyone) liked the show! We had a blast!

I didn't get to see much outside the MUNKTIKI/Freaky Boutiki tent but there was plenty going on inside...

The tent. Right between Crazy Al and Tiki Tony. Cool!

Anniversary Tees and Tiki Shark towels!

Wahine Toni shows off a Fugu Sipper...

Lots of resource books for the artist and armchair explorer...

But watch out for those craft coconut cannibals with brainforks!

A swarm of nice shoppers...

Depeche Mike all the way from the great white north!

Toni & Marion...

My favorite wabbit hunter... She'll take two lapatiki's to go...

More booth... must be looking at the Paipos...

Nice shaka & Reyn Spooner shirt!

Freaky Boutiki helping the kids have a ball...

Never leave home without your MUNKTIKI coconut monkey...

Skinny Clysdale, Me and Sad Toe

Reyn Spooner tee's and Go Barefoot tiki alohas. A fashion show hit...

Grog, Yakuza Mike and Stuckie from MUNKTIKI...

Lester the molester...

Spam Boardshorts!

This couple was so nice! Who are you???

Toni admires a MUNKTIKI GOLDEN NIPPLE mug...

Hey! That's Sneaky Back, I mean Jack...

This picture makes me feel dirty.

T

On 2009-08-20 14:13, babydoe wrote:
Two Tiki King trophies were misplaced at Oasis. Only 8 of these were made so if you know someone with this throphy or King Kukulele mug please have them return it to us!!

ALSO remember to post your photos to the FlickR group 'Tiki Oasis'

Are any of these King Kuku mugs available for purchase?

Randy,
please thank your wife for me, for the amazing pics of the Cads, and Phantom surfers.

Jeff(btd)

A

Jeff,
Naomi says thanks for letting her slip in front of you to take (some of) them!

-Randy

sure, my pleasure,
I realized I might be a tad big to take pics around.
:o

Jeff(btd)

On 2009-08-20 14:13, babydoe wrote:

If anyone happened to (mistakenly?!) pick up "The Best Couple" one 'by accident', please return it. Funny Eddie worked really hard on our costumes...

TK
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.