Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki oasis 2009 POST Pics here

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

I didn't get any rainbows. I kinda avoid them, man.

This is part of my collection from this year.......

I know it's hard to fathom, but there's a TON more on my Myspace page. Go there and enjoy!

P

Mahalo, all who posted pictures. It's one of my favorite things about this site, to catch a few glimpses of the events and enjoy the nice combination of fashion and form the lovely ladies share with us.

Thanks.

On 2009-08-25 17:08, Billy the Crud wrote:
I didn't get any rainbows. I kinda avoid them, man.

This is part of my collection from this year.......

That is just great. She's smiling for the pic and I am busy skankin'!!!!! Really, I was skankin' I swear heard the Skatalites coming from someones room!!!!

Bastid!!!!

B

The above image makes me smile! Babydoe, thanks for the link to those other images! Somebody actually caught us trying to rock out our twist routine. We didn't win this year, but look out Tiki Oasis 10! :wink:

J

Hey! I recognize those cocktails!

Michael and Theresa Contos found these tiki coolers, and he used colorful model paints to decorate them festively. Michael remembered us from AniZona earlier this year.

People were ready to start partying again Saturday afternoon. Up in Frankie's Tiki Room party, Thee Swank Bastards were performing, complete with hula hoop dancer in front.

Vixiana was in the party room where all they had left were Captain Morgan and Coca-Cola, and Buffalo Sweat. Given the choice, take the first one.

Saturday evening, down on the lawn, the Devil-ettes were dancing on stage. I couldn't quite get all nine of them in the same shot. I didn't know there was a dance that goes along to "Tequila" -- now I know better.

Later on, in one of the ballrooms, the Devil-ettes were showing a movie and talking and handing out leis. I took a lei from "The Knockout" and moved on.

Saturday night was the last night to party. A number of rooms were open for "after parties" meaning after the music and burlesque show is over for the night. So they opened at 10:00 pm or so. (In sci-fi or anime convention terms, think "after the masquerade.")

At the Smuggler's Cove party I met Rebecca Cate and Martin Cate.

"The Preacher's Daughter" was drinking that night with her friends.

Mieko Sunbury recognized me from last year -- and I think she's the one who also saw me two weeks ago at Costume College.

Rex the Impossible has a glass eye, making for an unusual eye-patch.

Tangaroa-Ru had a party, on the ground floor, that I'd wanted to check out, and I'm glad I did -- she was serving up Mai Tai Jell-O. Tasty stuff. I signed the guestbook giving her my own recipes for Margarita Jell-O and Pina Colada Jell-O (which aren't quite as strong as her recipes).

At the Zen Tiki Lounge party, I ran into Pumpkin Zen, and "John the Boyfriend" -- you can see here his shirt almost blends into the wallpaper. Some parties had festive wallcoverings, and this was one of them, complete with some black velvet paintings elsewhere in the room. They were pouring two drinks here, one "sweet" and one "sour."

Meanwhile, Trader Tom had made his own hibiscus syrup, and was making "Hibiscus Hula" drinks in free souvenir "Don Ho" glasses.

I ran into Not-a-bitch Ginger and Sabu the Coconut Boy, who were enjoying the festivies in (I believe) Frankie's Tiki Room.

Upstairs, the line for the Pajama Party stretched halfway down the balcony, full of people in their PJs waiting to get in.

I wasn't dressed the part, so I gave it a miss after snapping a few shots of the line.

Overheard when Tana the Tattooed Lady got onto the elevator, and some of the little kids were looking up at her in wonder: "It's okay, I'm a mermaid."

Ukulele player on the elevator. I didn't get everyone's names, especially for my elevator shots. Can someone help me out, please?

When I headed back towards my room, someone was bringing a surfboard onto the elevator. I decided to wait for the next one.

You wouldn't think you could lose track of a tiki this big, but for several hours Sunday morning, this tiki chair was sitting in the Motel 6 elevator.

On Sunday, I took a look at the newly-built ballrooms at the Crowne Plaza. They haven't finished getting the access ramp ready, so if you're on wheels you'll need to go around to the other side. They also haven't added any new tiki decorations.

Dixie Von Trixie was in the indoor dealers room with the "Wear it Again Sam" booth.

King Kukulele was on the phone, and had swapped shirts with Otto. Kukulele is the convention's toastmaster. "Otto Von Stroheim" is the chair of the whole convention.

Otto had Kukulele's shirt, because he wanted to look sharp for an interview. I didn't catch the name of the photographer or the interviewer.

And shortly after that I ran out of battery juice. Rather than fish a fresh set of out my luggage, we opted to head for home.

On 2009-08-25 22:15, chrisandsarahb wrote:
The above image makes me smile! Babydoe, thanks for the link to those other images! Somebody actually caught us trying to rock out our twist routine. We didn't win this year, but look out Tiki Oasis 10! :wink:

Wow! Would have loved to have seen your whole dance!
Great shot & nice moves, yous two~

Andy

Had a awesome time at our third Tiki Oasis!

My pictures can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157621940120731/

SORRY FOR THE DELAY.....

BUT HERE ARE MY PHOTOS FROM THE TIKI OASIS 2009 WEEKEND IN SAN DIEGO

ENJOY!!!

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

THE LINK:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/unsteadyfreddie/sets/72157622030536701/

(C)2009 UNSTEADY FREDDIE /// ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

There's a GREAT story behind the chair in the elevator

B

Tiki Oasis in the LA times on Sunday. Pick up a copy!

also if you know the folks in this photo gallery please let them know they are represented here!

http://www.latimes.com/features/image/la-ig-0830-tikibooth-pictures,0,4139528.photogallery

K

Thank you Otto and Baby Doe! My first Oasis and I had a great time! Thanks also to Shelley, volunteers, room crawl hosts, drink makers, seminar givers and performers. All your efforts combined to make an incredible experience.

3/4 of the Wrecking Crew

Kiki and Domenic

Jeremy and Shelley

Palate cleansing between rum tastes

Suzie sandwich

Sneaky Ben clandestinely slapping Frankie's stickers on girls' backs

JT and Shelley

Ray in his ultra-swank pj's

Pink ladies

Packing up is so sad

But there's always next year...

[ Edited by: Koitiki 2009-09-08 11:25 ]

O
Otto posted on Fri, Aug 28, 2009 12:29 AM

On 2009-08-19 20:19, tikitony wrote:

More of Alene's Modern Tropical Ocean

To see more of Alene's Modern Tropical Ocean: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27260473@N08/sets/72157621961656307/

tOny/Alene
great work, thanks for posting it cause I never got around to shopping and missed your stuff
now I have to mailorder it!!

On 2009-08-27 22:24, Koitiki wrote:

I was wondering if a photo of these would surface. Wow, those are loud.

Amen to that!
such a gentle quiet guy
with loud pj's...
SHAM-POW!

T

Mango has PASSED THE ACID TEST :wink:

More of the crawl...

The Lemoncello Lounge.

Cult of the Eye.

The volcano erupting. Yes folks this is inside of a room.

Room crawl burlesque...

is Mr. NoName related to Eden Ahbez...hes got the look DOWN PAT

On 2009-08-28 05:04, TikiMango wrote:

I was wondering if a photo of these would surface. Wow, those are loud.

You know, Ray Anthony, infamous for his "Bunny Hop" but oh so gifted with his other works, was/is known as "All the way Ray." Well, YOU, Ray went all the way on this ensemble.

Sock it to us, right on & Cheerio, man!

Andy

Damn who's room party was that with the volcano and the topless dancers ?
How did I miss that one -damn! Looks like real good times there.

Miss Tiki Tammy and I had a blast at our first Oasis.
Wish I could have remembered to take more pictures.

Starting off Oasis at the Bali Hai.

Rum Tasting

As if I needed another after the "tasting".

The Lively Ones

Meeting up with some of the Colorado crew.

Shades of Candy Johnson

Us folks from Denver take our dog's everywhere.
Copper the dog at the Ocean Beach Dog Park.

RR

On 2009-08-29 11:16, 1961surf wrote:
Damn who's room party was that with the volcano and the topless dancers ?
How did I miss that one -damn! Looks like real good times there.

Pele Utu Room 1803 brought to you by the Cult of the Eye.

Pele Utu ROCKS.

CA

On 2009-08-28 05:04, TikiMango wrote:

Nice! these are all time!! even still, that room so so crouded i missed the best PJs in person.. he da man! MAN'GO! Go! Man'GO! GO!

MY WIFE VALERIE SHOT THIS FROM OUR BALCONY AT OASIS. I THINK THIS ONE PICTURE SUMS UP OASIS PRETTY DAMN WELL!!!

OK...here's our collection. Brace yourselves.

The emptiest the pool had been all weekend - Thursday afternoon

Enter Samurai Sammy, the "Otto certified" youngest Oasis attendee @ 3 weeks old
(it's ok, folks, 3 doctors green lighted the flight down)

Not to be outdone, here's Joey aka "Tiki Joe" - straight from a Kohl's photoshoot

Mama & Sammy @ Bali Hai

Milwaukee's own Bikini Beachcombers~ Long Live the Foundation Bar!

And now, Joey gets some face time with his revolving favorites, the "Big 3" - LLT, Big Toe & Squid

here's his "wild card" for obvious reasons - Joey & Tiki tOny, the new "new" monkeys

and Joey's occasional "dark horse" favorite of the weekend, who was captured here from high above via Oasis Chopper 09, Mr. Doug Horne!

At Jason Wickedly's cool room party; Mrs. TJP, LLT, Dannelle, Ravenne & Ed's Gone Tiki

Ed leads the mass elevator confusion

Popping her Oasis cherry, the wonderful Dawn Frasier aka Sophistatiki~

The Blue Hawaiians doing it to it...

Mrs Tiki Joe's Pop, Doug Horne & Squid exchanging insults

The iniminable bartender and super-gracious host, Trader Tom

Big Toe losing the last of his mind - My God, how I love this guy...

The most wonderful but inedible part of Pappy Hagglers jazz~

Representin' for Marcus Thorn, aka Tiki Beat

Joey once again asking questions with a comment alongside "Sidekick Kukulele"
-sorry Denny, you wrangled him in perfectly, again & again!

The meeting of the Joes! Tiki Joe Nazzal & Trader Joe Morgan~

Closin' down Pappy Haggler's

Jovial final dinner with Sophistatiki, Tiki Joe's Mama, Squid, Kiki von Tiki, Hula Lula and Iokona Ki'i~ the latter with the line of the night to Squid as dinner was served "Your bucket, sir."

See ya at Oasis 10! LUV - the Nazzal brothers

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2009-09-02 06:41 ]

B

Bring your photos to show to friends at the Tiki Oasis POST party at Trader Vic's Emeryville Friday Sept 11th 7pm-10pm! Discounted drinks, prizes and more!

Details to come soon!

XO Baby Doe

T

On 2009-08-31 18:48, crazy al wrote:
Nice! these are all time!! even still, that room so so crouded i missed the best PJs in person.. he da man! MAN'GO! Go! Man'GO! GO!

That's be cause you were too busy groovin' out on your crazy coconut accompaniments!

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2009-12-21 16:44 ]

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2009-12-21 16:48 ]

any more pics anybody?

I have some too! I have a ton of pics which is why it's taken so long to get in the mood to post.
Here are some of my favs...

Alright, who brought this guy?

Meredith!

Lady Borgia

Mr. & Mrs. Tiki O

Duda gets all the ladies!

There's more posted on Flickr -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/41112502@N02/sets/72157622353095531/

My boyfriend posted his pics of the car show and pin-up shoots on photobucket
http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt67/MarkosPhotoHole/Tiki%20Oasis%202009%20Car%20Show/

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt67/MarkosPhotoHole/Tiki%20Oasis%202009%20Pin-Up%20Shoot/

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies