Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

UK Home bar - The Lei Inn - (photo intensive)

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

AA

WOW!!! EXCELLENT!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!

We just spent a great night here with Simon and Nena,Had some killer cocktails and a couple of 151 chasers(my head hurt the next day Though!)What a great bar.

Good times. Although just to say that these WERE taken with a flash!

T

Nice looking bar. Your volcano bowl drink has a impressive flame, any special ingredients?

I've recently started using the lemon extract ( or orange extract) and I've found the best method is to soak the bread or crouton in it, and also soak a sugarcube in it. Place the sugarcube onto the bread/crouton and light. This combo gave me the best height flame with the best longevity of burn.

We definitely like a bit of longevity in our burns!(did that come out wrong)LOL

Some recent updates

We're changing the lighting soon to remove the orange 'glow' and make it more subdued.

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2011-03-23 07:07 ]

W

Fantastic! Job well done.

Chris

[ Edited by: WestADad 2011-03-23 13:10 ]

S

Here's a fun game... for specific types of nerds...

How many of the bottle above your head can you name?

I am at 13-15. Not 100% sure on a few. Is ther a vintage bottle up there?

Oh, my friend-- your place just looks absolutely fantastic. Everything is pulled together so perfectly and the mood in there looks incredible. Truly great looking room.
All the best,
John

W

On 2011-03-23 13:21, Swanky wrote:
Here's a fun game... How many of the bottle above your head can you name?

I can get a fairly solid 13. The rest I'd have to investigate.

Guess I'm an alcoholic! :)

Chris

WOWZA! Nice work, your room looks awesome.

Many thanks everyone. Glad it's appreciated.

I'll post some clearer pics of the rums if you wanna have a guess at them. Nothing 'vintage' there I'm afraid, and igonore the moai,and the middle ship's lamp, they're just decanters.

Mahalo

P

Ahhhh. Waiting for the day I can enjoy a Demerara Dry Float there.

Question for you all. I need to put some more additional items on the ceiling. Any ideas?
So far we have a couple of floats, some cork, and a spear. We need to clutter it up a bit.

I've got the same issue KH. I started by stapling my Oriental rattan hats on my ceiling, but it definitely needs more. No matter what, Once it's all up it's going to need some more pufferfish lamps and glass floats on my ceiling.

Lately I've been thinking of placing some "jade" tiles up above, all primitively tied together with bamboo sticks and jute.

I've also thought of placing old ocean maps up above. Or smaller chunks of tapa cloth. Or all of it.

Tapa sounds good. As for Jade Tiles, brillint but impossible to get over here. Thinking I might put a fishing net in one small area, have it sagging and fill it with flotsam and jetsome.

Yeah, the net is good idea. I did that on one third of the room, and it's quite effective.

The tiles are very hard to come by here too. I was thinking if i go that route, it will be with tiles that i make myself. Perhaps that's an option for you?

[i]

The tiles are very hard to come by here too. I was thinking if i go that route, it will be with tiles that i make myself. Perhaps that's an option for you?

Good idea, although not sure if I'm that artistic.

Pages: 1 2 66 replies