Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TikiG's San Fernando Valley ART/CHOP - January 23rd

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

TikiGeeki, I LOVE it! Such talent!

I absolutely enjoyed TikiG's chop, you're all so much fun not to mention talented. My muse needs to get on the ball, fo sho!

for anyone interested in seeing some of my work, head on over to my facebook page (add me as a friend) and scan through my album!

Here's a painting of some hybiscus I painted for my Dad. His plan is to open a Tiki Bar called "Flip Flops"

Melany Langford

B

TOTAL BULLSHIT!

what an amazing day! G-man and Kalikimaka Rule!

Did anyone get a shot of Tiki G's amazing gallery upstairs? really groovy display of creativity and range!

Mele Kalikimaka, u are so much fun, u get the "Witty Banter" award. Despite ur clever engineer impersonation, u are welcome to come out all year!

Everyone was working on amazing, creative projects, killer Tikis and paintings, but my favorite was def Adrian's killer puffer lights!!!

Fantastic Ohana get-together...looking forward to doing that again with y'all again soon!

oh, and i apologize for The Ruzic's inappropriate behavior.

I do have a nice couple of pics of G's studio... oh, and what you said about "Impersonating and Engineer", Toe, is complete and utter (or is it udder) bullshit! :wink:

"Mele Kalikimaka, u are so much fun, u get the "Witty Banter" award. Despite ur clever engineer impersonation, u are welcome to come out all year!"

That's what HE said....
or
Your Mom's so much fun...

take your pick!

Aloha, and enjoy!

Here's G being his coolass self!

TikiG, thanks for hosting the 1st SFV Chop! The creative energy was magical. Good times Good Times! As mentioned, I'll be ready to host a chop in March...hope it will be 1/2 as successful and fun as this one!
Mahalo...Mahalo!

Thanks Greg for hosting one heckuva great chop!
Food was great!
the people were great
G's upstairs gallery wasgreat!
Soooo many pieces there productive boy!
and the creative mana was AWESOME GREAT!

even tho it was complete and utter bullsh*t...

and again, i apologize for BigToe's childish behavior
it was bullsh*t...
:lol:

Hah!?
http://www.kenruzic.com http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2010-01-25 07:58 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jan 25, 2010 8:21 AM

Thanks for all the kind words y'all. It was my pleasure to host everyone for what will now go down in TC history as the first ever San Fernando Valley CHOP!

I'm so relieved it didn't rain...the big guy upstairs gifted us with sunshine. I could just feel the vibe off of everyone just like myself feeling "what a relief to spend time outdoors after a week of constant downpours."

To all who came out to participate, again a heartfelt Thank You!

To those who could not make it this time, Thanks for your support regardless (Ray, I hope my phone call to you in Florida - to let everyone say hello - lifted your spirit in lieu of being here in California in person. We miss you.)

Until the next bull***t session...keep the creative juices flowing until we can get together for this reason again.

Mahalo & Aloha, Greg

R

Finally managed to get the pics from the chop uploaded!

Thank you again TikiG for opening your home to all of us!

Enjoy the pics! :)

TikiG's studio and gallery area

Right before the artists arrived. so bare.

Carvers hard at work!

Puffer fishy!

Artists workin hard too!

I couldn't help but keep those 3 pics of Toe up, they are just too funny. :lol:

Das All Folks!

:D

G

Finally finished the guy I was working on at the chop.

T

Geedavee, that turned out super-duper!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Feb 3, 2010 7:29 AM

Super cool tiki there, geedavee!

I see you modified his upper teeth to follow the shape of his lip, nice.

The finish is great as well. I likey!!

Thanks for sharing with us. Hope to cross paths with you again someday soon.

Really like the stain color....nice!

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies