Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

2010 January Mug Swap **Get Your Swap On People!!**

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 223 replies

T

well that was the point , to see who would get their package first ...meaning poor me still waiting lol in the race for last place!
another buisness day come and gone with no mail truck in sight.
Coming to Alberta huh ?
...well lucky us all our tiki is locked up indoors ( or hasn't arrived yet )

R

Finally got my hands on a camera, here's what I received from Ukutiki. I've been wanting to get one of these mugs for awhile now. Nice addition to my vintage mug collection.

Mahalo Ukutiki, and to Leleliz for organizing the trade!

Ok.... mines here...yeah!! Will have to post pics after work, but wanted to let tropical icebergs know it's safe and sound.... all I have to say is the tiki gods have shown me it is good to wait... holly crap tiki man. think I will need to clean the table off for pics of my haul

T

SO IS IT OFFICAL YET ?
Am I the last one still waiting?

L

On 2010-02-09 14:23, TIKIVILLE wrote:
SO IS IT OFFICAL YET ?
Am I the last one still waiting?

Yes Tikiville you are the fat lady ...get ready to sing!

Pics of my haul from Tropical Iceberg

packed to the gills

the first half of the box 3mugs, one included with a Shofeild drink mix kit. A carrib. shot glass, T.V. menus for the 2010 party,coconut monkey,monkey advent callandar (who would have thought) Some cool note and print from tropical, shag gift bag and note paper,swizzles, soap and post card from the Hale'tiki.

the mugs and shot

swizzles

the secondhalf lots of fun stuff including 2 drink books(1 was Shag's)4 cd's, tiki birdfeeder,lattern,drinks and more mixs a little s. of the border stuff and lots more.

necklace and braclet...There is also a geko wall hanging in to but lost in photo. All of it was great and did not have any of it. mugs are already up with my others :) Thanks again Tropical Icebergs and Leleliz for setting this up.

L

I think Tropical Icebergs is well forgiven for being a tad late with the swap!

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-02-16 14:43 ]

TIKIVILLE I've been buddy... I feel your pain!

Thank u so much to my generous swappers! I have misplaced my photos and my bar is currently taken apart and being stripped, stained, and laquered.

Thanks so much for your generosity!

TIVIVILLE,

Hang in there buddy, it's gotta be a comin'.

Some words from Bongo Bungalow to tied you over:

(Sing along with Bongo)

Maybe it's just, too early in the game;
Ah, but I thought, I'd ask you just the same--
Where is my tiki, New Year's, New Year's Eve?

Wonder whose arms, will hold you good and tight
When you've not been delivered, to me yet that night?
Still without tiki, New Year's, New Year's Eve.

(bridge)
Maybe I'm crazy, to suppose
I'd ever receive, the mug you chose.
Out of the thousand, mug exchangers, on TC.

Ah, but in case, I stand one little chance,
Here comes the jackpot, question in advance,
Where is my tiki, New Years, (big finish) New Year's Eve?

On 2008-12-30 05:32, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-02-16 14:44 ]

Hey I didn't hear about an art swap.
I better get my eyes open.

EDIT: AH HA! Found it.

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2010-02-11 14:54 ]

WELL.......
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT WEEK HUH? LOL
(long weekend so that means maybe next tuesday ...)

I have this nagging feeling there was something I needed to do..can't remember , but I'm have Post Office thoughts...anyone ever have that feeling like your forgetting something...but just can't recall what it is...I get these weird sensations every time a Mail truck drives bye..strangest thing...

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-02-16 14:39 ]

L

On 2010-02-16 12:34, TIKIVILLE wrote:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
43 days and still nothing,
that's more than 6 weeks since the addresses were sent out and I think 2 months since the swap was proposed.
so I guess I'm just posting to vent my frustration now and will probably be ignored by folks that have received their goodies weeks ago...
This is how I will enjoy the rest of this swap , just counting the days .
I should apologize if this bothers anybody ...but I think I deserve the right.
;also I would like to thank my trade Tropical_icebergs who apparently finds this whole thing amusing.

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-02-16 12:35 ]

Tikiville I know that he sent you the trade.

Yes he sent it to you later than he was supposed to but he admitted to that error on his part.

I am sorry that you have not gotten it yet but I do know it is enroute somewhere.

I have had many offers from other people to send you a box of stuff.

How can we fix this for you?

I once waited months (like 3 at least) for my art swap from VanTiki and it was well worth the wait, a fun surprise.
Definitely not worth making enemies over. =D

I had an art swapper long ago who demanded I take photos of the art swap he sent to me with me wearing it. This was after I took several photos of it and posted them.

I hadn't ever had photos taken of items I sent in several art swaps/mug swaps and I had no problem with it. However, after I failed to post pix of said item on my person, this swapper insulted my art and me publicly on TC, later deleting the insult....

I have never enjoyed the item because of this person's behavior and never will. It ruined the swap for me. I thought of sending it back because I knew the sender obviously did not want me to have it, but I feared insulting them.... So there it sits gathering dust, because it is a nice item and I don't want to throw it out, but I fear giving it away on TC will bring more rage.

Publicly posting about little grievances just isn't worth the grief and the bad karma it attaches to the items when they arrive.

Just my 2 cents.

S
T

Thanks for the advice and I will definitely take it to heart ,this whole thing is about fun and I fear that I'm being a bummer so I'll stop .
I don't need enemies or hurt feeling among my Tiki pals ,
and nobody needs any more postal in this day and age huh?
lol

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-02-16 14:41 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.