Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Send In The Clowns, an art show, 1/30/2010

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies

My Robot Clown Enforcers are FINISHED!
Plan on bringing the whole Army to the Clown Show!

Shine up your clownshoes!

Two for one special!

Line up for the FunHole!

Hourly Performances by Blotto the Clown Bear!

Free Puppies!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2010-01-22 07:50 ]

R

SPECIAL GUEST STARS!
KOKO RICHARDS

GEORGE CLOWNEY

RUFF-ULLS THE AMAZING CLOWN ACROBAT!

AND THE CLOWN FROM POLTERGEIST WILL BE THERE
TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS AND TAKE PICTURES WITH YA!

DOUGHORNE IS RUMORED TO BE THERE IN COSTUME...
DON'T LET HIM DRINK TOO MUCH!
HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME...

FATHER CLOWNOALLEY WILL BE THERE IN CASE
YOU'RE A HANKERIN TO GET MARRIED!

ALL AGES WELCOME!

RUN!
DON'T WALK
TO EXPERIENCE THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT!

Kinny -

I don't even want to know what Google search terms one would enter to get images of such a demented looking bunch of clowns. (Oh wait, is there a Megan's Law site for clowns?)

On 2010-01-20 16:54, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Kinny -
I don't even want to know what Google search terms one would enter to get images of such a demented looking bunch of clowns. (Oh wait, is there a Megan's Law site for clowns?)

Yes there is,Jason!
and it's called BOFFO's Law
Here's the info i gleaned from the Homepage....

Welcome to the California Department of Justice's Internet web site, which lists designated registered clowns in California.

As a result of a new law, this site will provide you with access to information on more than 63,000 persons required to register in California as clowns. Specific home addresses are displayed on more than 33,500 of these "jolly fellows" in the California communities;as to these persons, the site displays the last registered circus or carnival reported by the clown. An additional 30,500 mimes and "other strange entertainers" are included on the site with listing by ZIP Code, city,county,and circus/carnival/fair affiliation. Information on approximately 22,000 other unlicensed clowns is not included on this site, but is known to law enforcement personnel.

Once you have read and acknowledged the disclaimer on the next page, you may search the database by a clown's specific name, obtain tour and city/county listings, obtain detailed personal profile information on each registrant (including "special talents" ie: balloon animals.magic.etc), and use our map application to search your neighborhood or anywhere throughout the State to determine the specific location of any local circus or carnival.

Not all clowns and mimes have been caught and convicted. Most clownish offenses are committed by travelling carnival performers,so always stay alert when attending these events.

R

R

TOO SOON?

B

i am so ready to go!

R

T

I want to wish you all a boatload of congrats and dont leave until everything is sold . The only clown pic I could find was of Daves Not Home relaxing on a Saturday night .

I thought that was Norm MacDonald playing Burt Reynolds and Michelle Pfeiffer from Grease 2.

Making progress on my "Send in the Clowns" painting for this Saturday night.....

Underpainting (in acrylics)

And the progress so far (in 1 Shot Enamel)

Don't miss this show!!
1531 N. El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672

On 2010-01-21 08:12, little lost tiki wrote:

On 2010-01-20 16:54, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Kinny -

Yes there is,Jason!
and it's called BOFFO's Law
Here's the info i gleaned from the Homepage....

Welcome to the California Department of Justice's Internet web site, which lists designated registered clowns in California.

As a result of a new law, this site will provide you with access to information on more than 63,000 persons required to register in California as clowns. Specific home addresses are displayed on more than 33,500 of these "jolly fellows" in the California communities;as to these persons, the site displays the last registered circus or carnival reported by the clown. An additional 30,500 mimes and "other strange entertainers" are included on the site with listing by ZIP Code, city,county,and circus/carnival/fair affiliation. Information on approximately 22,000 other unlicensed clowns is not included on this site, but is known to law enforcement personnel.

Once you have read and acknowledged the disclaimer on the next page, you may search the database by a clown's specific name, obtain tour and city/county listings, obtain detailed personal profile information on each registrant (including "special talents" ie: balloon animals.magic.etc), and use our map application to search your neighborhood or anywhere throughout the State to determine the specific location of any local circus or carnival.

Not all clowns and mimes have been caught and convicted. Most clownish offenses are committed by travelling carnival performers,so always stay alert when attending these events.

Yeah, I know, I know, they told me all that crap when I had to registe....

Oh I mean...you don't say? How interesting!

UNCOMFORTABLE SILENCE......

FINISHED! Now I can pack up the studio for the move.....hope to see everyone at the show on Saturday....I'll be the one driving the uHaul!

The Clown Cold Case
11x14

B

Aloha Mutha F*CKAS!!

its TIME for the CLOWN CATHARSIS to COMMENCE!!!

sneak preview of "Mr Winkles Goes Awry":

more soon!

mr Toe.

'ClownNik" Acrylic on wood panel.

Ready for some hilarity this Saturday.

S

heres my final hoooorah! hope yall likey! little freaky--- this one. yikes! and yes this is hand drawn w/ ballpoint pen!! one of a kind!

VERY COOL DAVE!!!!
TWO MORE DAAAAYS!

S

doh! you spelled me name wrong on the flyer!!! itsa warshaw! not warsaw, common mistake, im used to it! hahahahaha!

OOPSIE!

sorry Dave!

Here's my last one for the show.
'Mirth is King' 24" x 24" acrylic on masonite, scroll sawed border.

Hope you like it.

If anybody's gonna be in town earlier before the show, there's a Chili Cook-off going on that day in Capistrano Beach. The location is 25789 Las Vegas Ave. (off of Doheny) which is just a few miles from the show. TA $5 admission gets you raffle tickets, refreshments, live music and lots of great chili! The event kicks off at noon. For more info, call 949.240.3585.

Oh Dear...... Get the Folks all gassed up on Chili
before the Clown Exhibition....

KA-BOOOOOM!

Today's the Day!
SEND IN THE CLOOOOOOOOOWNS!

Asides from the leftover beer & wine Dave & Kim are bringing over, I've got about 150 oz. of Mai Tai stocked up in the Tiki Farm Sparklett's Machine for the after party hang! Party-On!!

it was a great show! wish i could have stayed and schmoozed longer

Happy Birthday little Dave!
Awesome exhibition/party!
There was so much ClownHappy Goodness on them walls that night!
Beer drinkin
rappin with friends and artists
yummy treat eatin
and even some water balloons lobbed at us
from across the street!
Clowns are COOL again!!!

Thanks Deuce
for being born!!!

sorry BigToe drank too much and got sick....

R

Happeh BeeDai Lil'Davey! :D

I wish I'd taken more pictures!
I only took a few pics when we first got there,
then got so distracted by the good chatter and art!
It was such a fun show!

Kinny had facepaint, so guess what happened next? :lol:

Que Payaso Mas Triste!

yay!

:D

That was fun! Happy B-day, Deuce!

All y'all Gals made the CUTEST clowns!

Thanks to all the artists for making the night possible. And thanks to all that dared check out the clowns. And thanks to Holden, Mike, Tiki Farm & Mugoomba for the bitchin after-party.

Happy Birthday Dave!
Looks like the circus came to town!

R

Eat the clown before he eats you!

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies