Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

MORE>>>(As of 9-4-10)Tiki Thievery....Shame, Shame! Very Bad Mana! REWARD!!!

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

B-O-L-O (Be On the Look-Out).....Someone has removed a very near and dear part of our tiki collection. For almost four years the "Soccer Tiki" has sat out on the front lanai and guarded our family from evil spirits.

Well, now one(or more) of those spirits has come to our shack and taken the tiki.
This does not sit well with the tiki gods or myself! If anyone has information that could lead to its safe return (and castration of the evil-doers) please contact me immediately.

As this could be a prank, we will offer a 48 hours "No Questions Asked" return period. Starting this afternoon and ending Sunday at 5pm.

In the mean time, here is the Soccer Tiki:

OK...NOW A SECOND TIKI HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM MY YARD!!!
These are a few that I have pictures of:

THIS IS NO PRANK!!!

Anonymous tips are ok.

REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE RETURN!!!

Mahaloz!

9-04-2010
***SOMEONE HAS BROKE INTO MY SAND SHACK IN YUCCA VALLEY AND STOLEN A BUNCH OF TIKI MUGS!!!

I think it was a local thing...So if anyone finds a scumbag selling these mugs in a yard sale or swapmeet in the desert, please let me know. OR...If you've purchased them thinking "whatta killer find!" Please let me know and let's work something out!!!
Mahalo!

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-09-04 13:37 ]

That sucks, man. I'll keep my eyes peeled around the city. Definitely a one of a kind item that can't be resold anywhere in the Tiki community. Who carved that one?

R

look on the roof of the school gym!!!

dang. You think it was an inside job?

TB

That sux, I hope you get it back.

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully those involved
will come the their senses and give it back.
Good luck!

Hopefully it is a prank and he will show up all polished and happy with a round of Mai Tais in tow.

If he was stolen by evil thieves, then castration is a light sentence.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Feb 5, 2010 7:37 PM

I'll keep an eye out

bump!

M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlkZqcumRy4

Dont mess with da wood in our hood!!!

UPDATE.....No news! :(

K
kirby posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 10:21 AM

Thats a bummer dude...definatly bad mojo to the ahole who jacked the soccer tiki..But if you dont get it back I will offer to carve you another one to replace it!!! (Just send the bill to Grog)!!

Mother Pussbucket!!! I'll keep an eye out on the Marinas during work.

Now it didn't just get up and walk away, did it? Oh wait, we are talking about a tiki. The possibility exists. Well if it's walking around the neighborhood on it's own or with someone elses help, I will be on the lookout.

T

Sorry again Chris but you got to chain em down . Tiki's on the front porch grow legs . Keep us updated .

sounds like some unaccounted karma to me! :lol:

RUMOUR HAS IT that BigToe is behind all this!

Hope the Soccertiki is returned safe and sound,kids!

T

YOu need to get Nicky to take care of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UHNTkVqWpQ

OR...maybe the way Nicky got his...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1skaCKoWJA&feature=related

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-02-06 14:09 ]

I can't believe someone would dare to mess with The Moai Mafia?????

Damn, that's some F'ed up S**t.

I'll keep my eye out as I'm driving around on my route.

I pity the fool that Gets caught with this tiki.
:o

Jeff(btd)

SoccerTiki, I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure this Tiki has a lot of sentimental value and is irreplaceable. I hope who ever did this gets what is coming to them.

Who was the carver for this Tiki?

Soccer, wwohoo, I am so sorry I know how this feels and tose who did this will have bad tiki karma till it's returned....Good luck!

Amy

Soccer,

My eyes and ears are looking for the lost Tiki, bad karma for sure. Hope it comes back soon.

DC

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 11:09 PM

I think I saw him in Mexico...

chris this sucks! I hope this is just a prank and you'll find him returned safe and sound.

If it's not, 9.9 times out of 10 you won't see him again. :( BUT on the off chance that you peek over someones fence and see him sitting there, be sure to fill out a police report. You'll at least have the law on your side. For whatever that's worth.

I'll keep my eyes peeled around 'pedro and here's to the return of the one-of-a-kind soccer tiki!

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2010-02-07 08:14 ]

MOAI MAFIA
needs to get on the case....

J

Did you see the following TC thread?......

"Primitive art in the Western world: Collecting and preserving art, or looting and money making?"

Maybe you need to check the British Museum. Those guys are always stealing other people's stuff !!

(Sorry, sorry, bad joke I know. I'm really hoping your Tiki WILL be recovered.)

Still NO TIKI! :( I filed a theft report with the LBPD. The amnesty period is over! Prank or no prank...I'm gonna get it back from the "NO-LIFE" that took it!

That really sucks Chris .....never mess with a mans tiki...never !

On 2010-02-07 19:24, SoccerTiki wrote:
I filed a theft report with the LBPD.

...and they assigned the case to their best detective.

however, at this time she has no leads and still requests the help of TC members to locate and return the tiki.

In the meantime, I'll carve you a new one for the same amount you declared the value of it in the police report. $ :o $

Buzzy Out!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Feb 8, 2010 7:20 AM

F**ckin bummer Chris :(

I'll keep an eye out too. Neighborhood pranksters I bet - whoever is responsible will discover quickly what it means to awaken a sleeping beast...I guess they never heard of the Moai Mafia...

TS

Sorry to hear this happen to a really nice guy! Keep your eyes out on craigslist, Pennysaverusa.com, and possibly ebay(which i doubt since shipping rates would be high on a tiki!) Good luck, and I hope it turns up without incident, even if it were a bad prank! Also, may want to drive around the 'hood and check places that have dumpsters. If it were a 'hood prank', they may have just taken it cuz they could, and not having any use for it after the fact. Keep us posted, brotha!

TD

are you sure it wasn't someone,possibly a Tiki purist, fanatic,trying to send a message about,
'Tiki' and 'Soccer Balls'

On 2010-02-08 09:59, TIKI DAVID wrote:
are you sure it wasn't someone,possibly a Tiki purist, fanatic,trying to send a message about,
'Tiki' and 'Soccer Balls'

I thought of that, but Sven is out of the country right now! :P (j/k Sven!)

Actually, that would be so UNtiki!!! (And dangerous to one's health!)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 8, 2010 10:29 AM

Kirby can do a better carving for you. Just send the bill to Ruzic.

Ernie forgot to mention that i will be charging a $25 "handling fee"
to deliver the bill to kirby....

Almost 2 weeks and still NO SOCCERTIKI!!! I am offering a reward leading to the safe return...No questions asked!

i think i saw it at Sunset Beach last week..
i took a picture....

is that it?

On 2010-02-16 09:07, little lost tiki wrote:
i think i saw it at Sunset Beach last week..
i took a picture....

is that it?

That was just plain mean! :evil: Funny, but mean.

Seriously, I really hope you find it.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-02-16 17:02 ]

me too!
Chris knows i was jus' funnin....

Him and Karen are like my drunk aunt and uncle
only i loves them more,i think!
only Soccertiki can squeeze the life out a man with one bearhug....

Any scoop?
No sign of it here in Orange....

RAZZ !!! :(

Thought of you today Chris...a car in front of me had a personalized license plate that said...

SAWKUR

I hope your Tiki is at least enjoying itself during this hiatus!!!

maybe the kidnappers will take pictures of it and send it to you...
like that odd gnome....

On 2010-02-24 00:21, little lost tiki wrote:
maybe the kidnappers will take pictures of it and send it to you...
like that odd gnome....

What do you know about that odd gnome?

i know a lotta things about odd gnomes....
ther'es even a book out on THEM!

I was referring to those stories about college kids who kidnap people's yard "ornaments"
take them around the country
photograph them in oddball kooky places
and then send anomonous photos to previous owner....

why?
Did somebody take one of those gnomes from your yard?
you have gnomes?
do you also have those little banjo playing frogs?
and deer?
:lol:

i apologize if you do....
different strokes!

How is the search coming along,by the way?

Still NO SOCCERTIKI!?! I'm gonna go ask the gardeners right now! By the way... BIG REWARD for information leading to the return and/or theft!!!

I think you should take Kirby up on his offer...He'll do a bang up job carving you a new Soccer Tiki.

OK, somebody has added insult to injury, poured salt in the wound and generally pissed me off! Today I discovered another large tiki has vanished! This one was partially hidden behind a banana palm and fairly heavy as well. (See pic below)

I am offering a REWARD to anyone with information leading to the safe return of my tikis AND castration of the less-than-human scumbags that have stooped below human dignity twice now!

Stinkers that live in the darkness!

Pages: 1 2 87 replies