Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

MORE>>>(As of 9-4-10)Tiki Thievery....Shame, Shame! Very Bad Mana! REWARD!!!

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

Rat F***in bastards.

8T

Man Soccertiki, I am so bummed for you. TWICE! I thought it might be a friendly hoax at first but now, you got a thief in the hood. I bet they will eventually surface though. People talk and the more you get the word out, the better the chances of them coming home. I have to ask, were they secured in any way? If not, I think you are unfortunately a sitting duck. You know the old saying: Fool me once , shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Everyone who has a valued carving or stone tiki outside needs to take precautions or they may be next. Best wishes for their safe return. 8FT
Here's a link to a thread that might be somewhat helpful:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33324&forum=7&vpost=472502&hilite=securing

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2010-03-23 20:40 ]

LT

My money's on neighborhood kids as the culprits - you need a tiger trap in your yard.

M

double RAZZ !

T

Dude, two words. Security Cameras. Watch them take the next one.

I think it's time for some booby traps!

I love the black dress with the Sparrow! Doris is a really sweet girl, by the way. She's the manager at the Bettie Page store in the Planet Hollywood mall in Vegas.

Yes, I know, I look like a dork!

What is this world coming to when you cant even have tikis in the front of your house
without some ahole stealing it.Do we have to resort to having security cameras and
everything bolted down...shisssh!I feel your pain Chris...this really sucks.

Dang Chris!
You're like a TikiThief magnet!!!
that really sucks!

here's an idea...
Paint up WooHoo like a Tiki
and have her stand motionless
for hours
in the front lawn...

Won't those thieves be surprised
when their latest catch
hollers
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Funny stuff LLT!
Gotta talk to a neighbor who says they think they saw someone out front... Be it known...If I find out it is someone in the "tiki" world that has done this, there is NOWHERE they can hide! I will publicly humiliate them right after I beat their a##!!!

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR EITHER TIKI...ESPECIALLY THE SOCCERTIKI. I WILL OFFER A BOTTLE OF HAVANA CLUB RUM TO THE PERSON WHO GIVES ME THE TIP THAT LEADS TO THE RETURN OF THE TIKI(S) (And the slimy "No-Lifes" that took them!)

LOL...now that is better than cameras.

You would think they could at least leave a ransom note or summin.

Z

If said tikis show up in NorCal, we'll make sure to give the culprits a right thrashing.
Sorry for your loss.

Hoping for safe returns,
~Zero

Can a radioactive gps locater be installed - or does that only work on secret agents?

Sorry to hear that Chris..I think you need to fly RugbyMatt in for the first ever Moai Mafia "sting operation"!

Make sure to keep an eye on Craigslist and eBay as well...this is my 'hood too so I'll keep a look out as well. Good luck dude.

H

On 2010-03-26 20:04, martian-tiki wrote:
Can a radioactive gps locater be installed - or does that only work on secret agents?

Yeah really.

SoccerTiki, you need to mount one of these on each of your outdoor Tikis.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/covert-small-gps-tracking-device.html

Then you just need to train your Tikis to press the panic button if they are stolen.

TS

Man, oh man! Do you have some shady people in your hood or what?! I would take a drive over to the antique mall on PCH just for the hell of it. If this isn't just a really tasteless bad joke, then they may be up for sale somewhere, or being used as a display...? I hit long beach ever so often, so I'll keep my eyes peeled in store windows, and points of interest! Joe Jost's is calling me, and so is the V Room.

Best wishes brotha!

Well if nothing else this is a testimony to the power of Tiki Revival - 20 years ago you couldn't even get anyone to STEAL a Tiki and now they're a valuable asset. I'm sorry for your loss and I vote for a Tiki-Thief Trap. Maybe that sticky glue they use on mouse traps, seems to work well on varmits and vermin.

B

On 2010-03-23 20:37, 8FT Tiki wrote:
Man Soccertiki, I am so bummed for you. TWICE! I thought it might be a friendly hoax at first but now, you got a thief in the hood. I bet they will eventually surface though. People talk and the more you get the word out, the better the chances of them coming home. I have to ask, were they secured in any way? If not, I think you are unfortunately a sitting duck. You know the old saying: Fool me once , shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Everyone who has a valued carving or stone tiki outside needs to take precautions or they may be next. Best wishes for their safe return. 8FT
Here's a link to a thread that might be somewhat helpful:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33324&forum=7&vpost=472502&hilite=securing

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2010-03-23 20:40 ]

Or, in the words of our ex-pres - ...can't get fooled again!

This is the way I see it:
1st time: Either; A-Personal (some A-hole that's got a grudge)
B-Frat Prank (close proximity to CSULB and at least 3 Frat Houses
C-Random (either someone with an affinity for tikis or a gardener with an affinity for Futbol!)

2nd time: A-Eliminates the "Random" aspect. Also there where lighter and easier-to-manage tikis available.
B-Chances of a Frat targetting the same house is almost nil (according to my sources)
C-The Personal aspect makes the most sense as our lives are not that private and the "No-Life A-holes" would know when the best time to take something personal would be.

Now, stealing something out of someone's front yard, as low as it is, would generally be a crime of convenience. Therefore, other lighter, smaller items would have been the main target. To steal a 5 foot tiki that weighs in excess of 100 lbs would require planning. To take it right off the front porch and out to the street and into a pickup bed, well that takes a motivation.

To those who feel so motivated, I say you ARE scumbags! Bring it to my face and stop hiding behind petty crimes! I look forward to your "come-uppance"!

AT

Aloha Soccer my condolences in your time of distress.
I would lay a $1 bet on a frat house (or other young knuckle-heads)dressing up their Tiki-bar at your expense.
Why would they not target the same house twice?
If it proved to be easy pickens the first time, there's no reason not too.
Have you posted any fliers or ads locally regarding these thefts?
Someone nearby you has got eyes on your goodies - it's time to get some eyes on your side.
Best of luck in your recovery efforts.

ST, who was the carver of "SoccerTiki"?

I know you're not looking for this, but I would be glad to contribute to a fund, to commission the carver to make you another "SoccerTiki".

Good Luck!

On 2010-03-27 14:11, Unga Bunga wrote:
ST, who was the carver of "SoccerTiki"?

I know you're not looking for this, but I would be glad to contribute to a fund, to commission the carver to make you another "SoccerTiki".

Good Luck!

That is way cool of you! I hope it doesn't come to that! I got a mai-tai with your name on it when we see you!

there is one other way it could have gone down.
the economy is in the shitter,and or Druggies(tweekers)
and people are hard up for cash.

someone who needs money and knows that tikis are a big deal again,
could have stole it, and sold it for cash.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-03-27 17:06, bigtikidude wrote:
there is one other way it could have gone down.
the economy is in the shitter,and or Druggies(tweekers)
and people are hard up for cash.
someone who needs money and knows that tikis are a big deal again,
could have stole it, and sold it for cash.
Jeff(btd)

Jeff-
A-Tweekers wouldn't be able to carry them or have their own means of transportation...Besides, I haven't heard of a fencing operation that accepts wooden lawn ornaments!
B-Someone that knows tikis are a big deal is probably on tiki Central and in that case they ARE the scumbags I'm referring to!
Thanks and keep your eyes open! We'll figure it out soon!

If you see either one of these, please contact me asap! Thanks!

Both are approximately 5 feet tall.

Seems to me if you posted flyers locally offering a reward of some kind you may get some results. Of course, it'll either be a rat or the thief who comes forward to collect. Still you may get your tikis back that way.
Also, why would someone have a grudge? Have you been naughty?
I wouldn't let this thing eat at you too much. The more you hypothesize about it the worse it can get. As a victim of theft, I know how fast paranoia can set in. I'm not saying that the possibilities don't exist, I'm just saying not to drive yourself crazy chewing over something that you may never be able to know.
Hoping for the best in this shitty situation is about the best you can do.
Best of luck.

Still no word on the SoccerTiki!!! Keep an an eye out at the flea markets...BIG REWARD for information leading to the return!

Still looking!!! :(

I have been keeping a sharp look out for you Chris at garage sales and flea markets since
I frequent them often.I would look in your local Long Beach paper for estate sales and
garage sales as well.You may just have some idiot dumb enough to try and sell it there.
I have seen stranger things happen.BTW I would contribute to that tiki fund as well.

Absolutely ridiculous. Very sorry to hear about the 2nd one, Chris. Hoping for the speedy return of both!

-Andy

Still NO SOCCERTIKI!!! BUT....Tiki Ray was kind enough to create a SoccerTiki pendant for me!!!

Thanks Ray!!!

And...The reward still stands for information leading to the return of my tikis!!!!

A

Dunno where you live in Long Beach, but my sister who lives in Long Beach told us about a rash of robberies in her neighborhood (Bixby Knolls) around the same timeframe in early Feb.

They were systematically checking houses to see who was home, and had teams coordinating from the alleys in back and the front. My sister actually answered the door to one of them, who had some weird story. Later she talked to the police since they were buzzing around the neighborhood trying to catch these guys. The police said they'd been chasing these teams around off and on, and that they were coming from somewhere else in the city. Sounded like the teams would come back to houses several times, including my sister's, almost as if they were working off a checklist.

Several neighbors had similar incidents, and a few were robbed. This went on for a few weeks. My sister's family got a house alarm.

Anyway, this could be totally irrelevant, and it doesn't tell you anything about who would specifically take tikis, but just a little info.

-Randy

[ Edited by: aquarj 2010-04-19 11:08 ]

soccertiki wrote- "Still NO SOCCERTIKI!!! BUT....Tiki Ray was kind enough to create a SoccerTiki pendant for me!!!"

That's a very cool pendant and a very Aloha Tiki Ray.

Wonderful

We got a "Gander Alert" here north of Sacramento...so if we see those babies we will get em back to ya and flush out the scumbags who stole em!!!

Wow Chris & Karen I've been out of he loop & missed this post. Very sad indeed. I hope you get to the bottom of this. I'm guessing a frat house, never the less we have some great people here on TC and carvers as well so I feel a happy ending coming on soon.

Very bummed!!!

These and more were stolen from our Sand Shack in Yucca Valley in the past 30 days! Please keep an eye out (especially if you live in the desert!)
Mahalo!

So sad...sorry you had another run-in with thieves...hope they choke on their drinks!!!

M

That REALLY sucks! ouch! I hate it when bad things happen to great people. :(

Seriously, wtf!?
Man, that is just badnews and badluck. Time to lock everything down, and also lock and load. I'd seriously would be buying those nanny cams and hiding them in a 'discos greatest hits' CD jacket, aiming it towards the tiki valuables. The mini cams are cheap enough now, and you can burn images every 3/5/10/30/60 seconds onto a computer hard drive via cable or wireless. Aside from this bullshit, hope you n' Karen are well!

Still no sightings or info leading to the return!!! :(

Pages: 1 2 87 replies