Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Inky and Smiley's Vegas home bar Hubert's Huli Huli Haus!

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

If you and Inky DO go to O.A., pay me a visit too, I'm in town.

M

OA Road trip coming up!!

Ok, I am done with what I call "Phase One". (As is often repeated on TC 'A home tiki bar is NEVER finished!')Now it is time for the decor.
To show off the bar, Inky and I our having a party on July 10.

Here is the info from the OTHER EVENTS thread;
"Hello, It is time for a Vegas Home Tiki Party at our new home bar! The party will be in honor of my Birthday and will be held at Inky and my pad in Las Vegas (near the Strip)and will feature our new home bar, The ......(unknamed at this time)!

Saturday July 10, 2010 at 7pm.

Contact me for directions, etc.

ZAZZ!!!!"

K

That looks amazin'. Slap some Bamboo Ben Secret Old Timey Sauce on all that business, and MAN, that'll do 'er! Regardless, it's great. NICE work.

T

Lookin' ZAZZ! That's so "cool" that it's air conditioned! Wish I could be there for the grand opening and birthday party but I'm going out of town the holiday weekend before and I just can't do both.

Looking sweet Smiley Man!

Time to start decorating!!

OOF!

Looks great! Come a long way from the tiki bar in a closet;

:D

Can't wait to see after you get all that decor put up.

You have done an amazing job in there. Looks awesome!

Hubert has recommended this as the name for our home bar "Hubert's Huli Huli Haus"--(Russell S. Monkey is pissed!).
OOF!

Jeez! That looks like a ton of decoration to have going up. So much fun! The walls look great. Can't wait to see it with all that stuff up.
Decorating has got to be one of the most enjoyable parts of a Tiki bar. Well, then there's also the drinking.

[ Edited by: Matt Reese 2010-06-24 04:47 ]

On 2010-06-23 22:40, mrsmiley wrote:
Hubert has recommended this as the name for our home bar "Hubert's Huli Huli Haus"--(Russell S. Monkey is pissed!).
OOF!

Puke up the results!!

we wana see the finished product!!

Sooooo much Candy for so little Canvas............

Very kool .

T

What do you call the cross weave stuff on the walls, and roof? a lot of you guys are using it...

M

On 2010-07-06 12:15, thetmaxx wrote:
What do you call the cross weave stuff on the walls, and roof? a lot of you guys are using it...

Hello, that is Lauhala matting. -Smiley

On 2010-06-24 22:29, RevBambooBen wrote:
Puke up the results!!

we wana see the finished product!!

Sooooo much Candy for so little Canvas............

Photos will only be published after the Grand Opening Party this Saturday. If you want to see before that you have to come to Vegas...

Congratulations on your new tiki bar. I would love to come see it but I'll be working. May the tiki gods bring you much happiness!

P

this place is over the top!

thanks for the hospitality.

p.s.
i saw some guy sit on hubert's head. i hope he's okay today.

M

On 2010-07-11 14:53, pdrake wrote:

p.s.
i saw some guy sit on hubert's head. i hope he's okay today.

Hi, Hubert has a headache today, but I think it is from too many of Russell's Nutty bananas and not getting sat on. I think...

W

"Thanks for everyone who came and thanks again for the great stuff I got!"
That's it ??? no pics ???

K

On 2010-07-12 05:03, wplugger wrote:
"Thanks for everyone who came and thanks again for the great stuff I got!"
That's it ??? no pics ???

Pics, pics, pics!!!

Hey MrSmiley Man. Hope you had a great time. Thought of you while we were at Duartes Tavern in Pescadero. I happened to ax the bartender if the road went thru to San Gregorio and he said "Yep, it's an old stagecoach road that leads right to the 105 year old General Store with a bar." Cool old stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

M

On 2010-07-15 20:53, Jungle Trader wrote:
Hey MrSmiley Man. Hope you had a great time. Thought of you while we were at Duartes Tavern in Pescadero. I happened to ax the bartender if the road went thru to San Gregorio and he said "Yep, it's an old stagecoach road that leads right to the 105 year old General Store with a bar." Cool old stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad it is still there and you loved it--smiley

M

Hello, we are working on photos. Here is a teaser stolen from Utopiandream. It is of the soft opening the Sunday before the party for some friends who were in town. And, yes, that is a mustached Charles Phoenix.

A personal thanks to Mashuka for all his help with various parts of construction,to Tikimecula and Wplugger for their carving donations, Pdrake for his custom lamp, to Tofujoe and Haole'akamai for helping set up for the party and Mike (from Frankies) for Bartending. Of course, a GIANT thanks to my wife INKYlouise for everything!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-07-15 21:08 ]

A

Smiley and Inky!
Nothing like seeing photos of someone else's erection! Looks like you nailed quite a few studs in the process (or did you screw them?). A word of advice though - watch out for shingles.

Now that you've had a good old-timey bar-raising, you've raised the bar. Better to raise the bar than raze the bar, that's what I always say.

Looking forward to seeing it someday when we're back in Vegas, and hope we can still see your cock too. We'll bring the kids!

-Randy

M

On 2010-07-30 18:19, aquarj wrote:
Smiley and Inky!
Nothing like seeing photos of someone else's erection! Looks like you nailed quite a few studs in the process (or did you screw them?). A word of advice though - watch out for shingles.

Now that you've had a good old-timey bar-raising, you've raised the bar. Better to raise the bar than raze the bar, that's what I always say.

Looking forward to seeing it someday when we're back in Vegas, and hope we can still see your cock too. We'll bring the kids!

-Randy

Hubert says " Ooof, this is punderful!"

M

Here are the pictures you have been waiting for. For those who have visitied, please feel free to post your pictures also!

Here is the rendering;

Here is the finished product;

And here I am with Inky and my two brothers;

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-08-02 11:52 ]

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2010-08-02 11:53 ]

Amazing tiki bar folks!
Congrats to you on a great job
and for cloning a few extra bartenders! :)

M
Murph posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2010 1:14 PM

Excellent!

WooHooooo! It looks Tiki-rrific!! Can't wait to check it out the next time we are in Vegas :)

A
aquarj posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2010 2:39 PM

Two comments:

1. The final product is spectacular!

2. You are much better looking than your brothers.

-Randy

B

Damnnnnn!!! Freaking awsome! I know that gets thrown around alot but I mean it this time....

Man I thought I was seeing in triple with you and the brothers behind the bar! I was looking for a mirror. Great photo. The place is ....... overwhelming. Congrats.

DC

Awesome Cluster-Fuck!

Layers baby!!

Right on!!!

p.s. in a Barn to boot!!!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2010 10:21 PM

Beautiful.

Now I'll have sweet dreams tonight.

M

Here is a shot of the far side wall I forgot to post;

T

:o That is a niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, place you have there! Me likey, me lovie.. Me wantie!

T
thejab posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2010 5:22 PM

OH MY GOD Bruce, you've done it again! You should both be very proud. I look forward to seeing it in person someday!

M

Thanks all! I was going to take a little break from adding more stuff, but I ended up getting a Vending Booth at Tiki Oasis this year and I need to go through all my leftover tiki stuff so I can bring it to sell. Here is my press release-
"For the first time ever, Mr. Smiley ( Tiki Collector Extraordinaire ) presents select pieces of his World Famous collection for sale to the public! Hand selected and curated by Inky Louise and Mr. Smiley, items include (but are not limited to) Tiki Mugs, Vintage décor, Hawaiiana, Aloha Clothing and more! Mr. Smiley will honor all requests to autograph any item purchased from him!!
PLUS You can pick up any of my items he is currently selling on Ebay FOR NO SHIPPING CHARGE! Buy stuff from his ebay listings http://shop.ebay.com/1957sputnik/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3686

Let him know that you want him to bring it to Oasis before 8pm Wednesday August 18, he will send you an invoice with NO SHIPPING, pay and print out your receipt and pick it up Saturday or Sunday from 10a-4pm at the MR. SMILEY booth in the indoor vending room-The Lahaina Bay room. Start Shopping NOW ! 1957sputnik is SUPER EXCITED to be able to sell at Tiki Oasis this year!!"

Congrats Bruce and Inky! The effect from walking up to a seemingly mundane farm shed and entering into another world inside must be an awe-inspiring experience.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Aug 5, 2010 4:39 AM

That is a fantastic looking bar, looks like its been in use for years with all the gear in there - nice work!

Unbelievable! I'm so impressed, but I know I have a lot of work to do on my bar. Now I am ashamed to invite anyone over to my tiki bar after seeing your amazing work. But give me a couple more months and it will be party time!

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2010-08-05 11:40 ]

P
pablus posted on Thu, Aug 5, 2010 3:56 PM

Ohhh, man. The hits just keep on coming.
What a refuge.

Amazing work, brother.
Thanks for the pics and the inspiration to jump back into my lair and make it better.

T

Bruce,
My brother and our wives met you and your friends at Frankie's in May. Wow, outstanding retreat you built. Maybe next time we're in town you can give us a tour. Would love to see it in person. We'll stop by your booth at T O.

M

TV-Yes you are welcome to a tour and a drink or three. We live near Frankies. See you at Oasis- my booth is indoors!

Dayum, you guys! That is awesome. I'm not sure if I'm gonna have the dough to get to SEMA this year, but if I do, you may find me camped out on your doorstep one morning. :lol:

Holy Crap Bruce!!!! Beautiful job and very inspirational!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies