Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies

T

Hey Suzy, you're not the only one enjoying the lovely aroma of eau de resin... can't tell if I'm woozy from that or the mai tai I just had...

Sounds like you'll have some awesome stuff! Can't wait to see your cool tiki wares!

OH - also, forgot to mention, I have lots more original Stockton Islander Bamboo to distribute, courtesy of Abstractiki... stop by my table and pick up a piece, absolutely free, while they last!

This is indeed going to be one fun event!

The poster printing has begun.....

T

Can't wait to see everyone and the artist's cool artwork! I'll have some black velvets, and my wifes midcentury inspired ceramic wall fish. I have some new mid century inspired wood wall fish like The Incredibles had in their living room! see ya!

Alene's Ceramic Fish: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27260473@N08/sets/72157621961656307/

Live like a Beachcomber! http://www.TikiTony.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitony

[ Edited by: tikitony 2010-03-27 08:03 ]

Grog check your PMs I have been trying to contact you for two days !

HipHiPaHulA! Aloha!

I'm excited and ready to serve up the most original and best Tiki Cocktails you have ever had the pleasure of sippin' on. Lisa Marie and myself are prepared to take on the wild and crazy Tiki crowd. Much planning went into all the new cocktails and we are prepared to serve you quickly so you have plenty of time to shop!

Speaking of shopping, I plan to do some myself I can't wait to see all the cool art the artists are bringing out to the Hut. This will be the biggest and best Tonga Hut Art Show ever! You won't want to miss it, Art, the Hula Girls Band Live, the DJ Marty Lush Show and more. Cocktails, Mugs, Tiki's, you name it our artists will have it!

It's going to be a beautiful warm spring day so pack up the station wagon but leave plenty of room to bring home some goodies. Bring your favorite Tiki Mug with you and belly up to the bar folks and let us fill it up with something cold, wet and Hipalicious!

Mahalo to all of you! Grog your awesome, Artists your bitchin' Marty Lush your the tops you know that. My boss, Jeremy... (tear In my eye)... You already know. Thanks everyone ahead of time. Now! Let's Tiki! See you tomorrow!! 4:00

Vendors come see me for the vendors cocktail specials.

Missin' you Tiki Kate

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 27, 2010 11:47 AM

And don't forget your fez!

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-27 13:08 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 27, 2010 11:48 AM

On 2010-03-26 23:29, Luckydesigns wrote:
The poster printing has begun.....

AWSOME POSTERS!!!!! GROG LIKE!! GROG gotta get one of each color!
GROG love the simplicity. You really know how to break things down and find the "essence" of the subject.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-27 13:08 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 27, 2010 1:10 PM

1961 Surf jumped on the boat last minute, so we've got another vendor.

TT

Someone needs to make, yet another flyer. :)

Thanks Grog.... Im there with alot of vintage tiki gems . Whoo-ahhhh!!
See you all there..

Wondering if I'm going to be doing more selling or buying tomorrow. . .

Hoping folks will dig the Atomikitty items so I can turn right around and spend $ on vendors and Kelly's fabulous cocktials!

Either way, it's sure to be a good time!

Orange county?? We hope to see you in the valley! Come on out and support, we need you folks!

T

OK, I'm actually ahead of schedule, so here's a couple of pix of new stuff for tomorrow:

A vinyl plush Marquesan Tiki... unlike most the other plush tiki dolls I've created, this one stands!

And I made some resin pendants of a crazy idea I had yesterday morning at 5am... Moai Bob!

See you all tomorrow!

M
mp posted on Sun, Mar 28, 2010 12:26 AM

Looking good Tobunga! Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

T

On 2010-03-27 23:05, tobunga wrote:
OK, I'm actually ahead of schedule, so here's a couple of pix of new stuff for tomorrow:

And I made some resin pendants of a crazy idea I had yesterday morning at 5am... Moai Bob!

See you all tomorrow!

Oooo! I like that Bob.

TB

sweeeeet! See you guys soon!!!

Very kool .

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 28, 2010 10:21 AM

GROG did little drawing of a Bob Moai when GROG was on The Simpsons Movie(drawing in the GROG blog thread), but GROG only do one drawing and the idea not interest GROG enough to pursue it. Your version is cute. Now GROG did do a Suffering Bob drawing that GROG was excited about, but damned MP went and made an awesome one and beat GROG to punch. Curse you MP!

Kiln is still a little too hot this morning to start pulling out ceramics, but they should be ready in about an hour.

See ya'll at 4pm, and we'll see you vendors before 4pm. Get there early enough to be set up by 4pm. Plus, spaces are on a first come basis, so the earlier you get there, the more chance you'll have of choosing your own spot. Jeremy said he was going to be at the Tonga Hut about 12pm.

This is going to be really fun.

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-28 10:50 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 28, 2010 10:27 AM

On 2010-03-26 20:58, Bowana wrote:

...and don't come alone!!

Is that supposed to be a blurry pic of Bigfoot? What the hell is that?

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-28 10:27 ]

Hand-pulled screen prints for the show today!! Twenty bones... The gold one on the top is actually really cool. You'll have to check it out in the sun!

See you at the Tonga!!

CA

OK? WTF!?... for a guy who lives at the beach and bitches about it never being 'Hot' and sunny at the beach....? Today? IT"S HOT AND SUNNY!!! and where an i going?? a Parking Lot in the Valley!!!!??? (Mr. Yaki? how do you like dem Apples? Oh'! welcome to the neighborhood)

Hmmm? good thing a like it hot and sunny anywhere...less clothes more fun!
I'm bringing sun-screen and the usual....
but these up i'm getting down to the last of them
http://tikimania.com/docs/BP_mugs.html
and these too
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug_APE-3.html
bring your worn out 8 year old APE CD and get one for $7 w/ purchase of Shot Mug

Kelly,
sorry I was planning on coming up,
but between having a rough morning(Hangover from Dons last night)
getting 5 hours sleep,
and then walking around at a Car show in the Hot sun in HB.
I am too pooped to come up.

Spike Great flyers,

Hope all had a great time.
I raise a toast of vitamin water
(very rare for me) to you all.

Jeff(btd)

Three cheers and loads of aloha to GROG for putting on a GREAT AFTERNOON/EVENING! Okay, how many of you LOVED that the vending was outdoors where it was light enough so we could really see the great artwork and goods for sale? And the Hula Girls were fantastic! Yummy cocktails, wonderful people... and I went home with a vintage James Bond 007 underwater adventure set! Why? Because it was just too campy cool. I mean, who doesn't need a really cheap snorkle (with "007" on it), that claims it doubles as a weapon? (I will put someone's eye out with it eventually, I'm sure.) Oh, oh, oh! And the free coconut monkey adoptions from Susannah Mosher!? How sweet was that?!

It was so good to see so many, and what a FUN way to jumpstart us all into a Tiki Spring! Thank you, Grog, Jeremy, Hiphipahula, and all the artists and sellers!

Thanks to everyone involved in putting this event together. My wife and I had a great time browsing, enjoying a Tonga Hut cocktail, and picking up some items from Tiki Tony and Tikiyaki!

kevin

K
keola posted on Sun, Mar 28, 2010 9:45 PM

I walked away with this little pincushion today...

Warm!

What a terrific time! Hiphipahula and Lisa Marie serving up the most blood-cooling libations helped us all deal with the summer-like temperature. The Hula Girls sounded fabulous!

Thanks Jeremy for holding this fab event. Pictures to follow once I get out to unload the car. I scored some fabulous etched glasses as well as a swell vintage mug.

I saw quite a few makamaka that have been hiding in their winter caves... gotta love the warmth, eh?

Aloha!

T

Thanks Grog for organizing, and thanks Jeremy and the awesome Tonga Hut for hosting. HeyLowNine, thanks for the Lekookoo purchase! good seeing Kingstiedye and Crazy Al Pachino, Nuclear atomic kitty, fez master of the head coverage, Eric Mr Month of October, 1960's surfaholic, Tiki G meisters moving service, fuzzy buzzy, Marty Lushsicle, Pineapple Chicken Tikiyaki, Menehuene Meiko, papa Kirbs, Dr z outta the wood work, and all of you others I talked with that the morning fog has not recovered your name to me yet!

tOny

TM

Great times! Thank you, Grog. for inviting the Hula Girls! Sorry if I did not get a chance to talk to more people. Getting all our equiptment into such a tight space was a little tricky, and took up all my concentration. But it all worked out, and I hope people were digging the Hula Girl's sound!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Mar 29, 2010 8:19 AM

Cheers! to Grog, Jeremy, Hiphipahula & Lisa Marie, the Hula Girls and all of the artists and vendors yesterday - this event was pretty damn cool :)

It was a nice afternoon weather wise, I think we all got some sun - I did for sure.

Thanks to everyone who purchased something from me - I sold five TikiG paintings during the course of a couple hours as well as a few old model kits and a few cool vintage board games. Enjoy the treasures...I know each sale left in the hands of a loving new owner.

I just snapped a couple pics, way less than I wanted to, but hey! I know TongaTom snapped tons...TongaTom...please download some pics when you get a chance :wink:
Aloha, G

[ Edited by: TikiG 2010-03-29 08:20 ]

Great to see everyone yesterday.Special thanks to Grog and all those they came by my
booth and bought some vintage tiki goods.

R
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.