Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies

i call dibs on the spot next to grog. the easier to steal his crap while he's enjoying the hula girls.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 24, 2010 2:25 PM

Only GROG get to reserve spot. The rest on first come basis. :D

no "geckos" and "munktikis" for you!

AIN'T THAT WHERE THE TOLIETS ARE?

spike's new poster:

grog's new map:

Dammit... I wish we would have know you were gonna be on the show too, before I finished the art for the poster.... Sorry dude...
Although, I think you fixed it perfectly right there...

no worries, spike. we'll blame grog. seriously, i was a last minute addition and i know you've been working on the poster for a while.
mahaloz to grog for thinking about me, inviting me down, and putting me up at the cave.

:lol:

lol! jerry orbach ruled!

B

GROG make poster!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

[ Edited by: Bowana 2010-03-24 18:31 ]

grog make new poster:

it's contest time! the first person to come up me at the tonga hut and correctly identify what my tribal necklace in this picture is made of, wins a free mug worth up to $100. c'mon kids, give it a try! nobody will get it right. i dare you!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-24 23:51 ]

Dang it, I know the answer but we aren't going to be there. Well Bullet we want photos of your booth and the winner of your contest, which by the way is a really good one. Have fun we are there with you in spirit. Wendy and Dan

ps lookin good

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 1:37 AM

Need a close up of the necklace.

Bowana, that poster is perfect. It look just like GROG did it.

is Dr. Gene Scott gonna be there?

i refuse to attend unless Dr. Gene Scott will be there...

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 8:31 AM

:lol: that's bullshit :lol:

see you Sunday Kinny

TM

I would settle for just his wife being there! Pastor melissa Scott is really hot, in an evil south american kind of way!

On 2010-03-25 01:37, GROG wrote:
Need a close up of the necklace.

here ya go, grog!

if that's too small, i blew it up for you. good luck!

French Fries?
Grog toe nails?

Jeff(btd)

great guesses jeff. and a great idea! i'll be adding some of grog's toenails to the necklace next week.

OMG, you guys are hilarious! I'm glad I'm coming down to watch you all sneak around pulling pranks on each other out in the parking lot or drool at hula girls with your tongues hanging out in the bar, whichever comes to fruition. It's sure to be a wonderful evening.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 10:48 AM

It's foreskin from circumcised penises.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-25 10:52 ]

warmer! :)

On 2010-03-25 08:48, lucas vigor wrote:
I would settle for just his wife being there!

at first i thought you meant terril and i was nodding yes!

On 2010-03-25 10:40, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
OMG, you guys are hilarious! I'm glad I'm coming down to watch you all sneak around pulling pranks on each other out in the parking lot or drool at hula girls with your tongues hanging out in the bar, whichever comes to fruition. It's sure to be a wonderful evening.

just make sure you don't watch while i'm stealing grog's stuff.
i'm looking forward to drooling all over tiki bong. see ya brenda!

Here's a link about Dr. Gene Scott
and his POSSIBLE ADULT MOVIE STAR wife!?!?!?!

!!!!

http://hiscrivener.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/dr-gene-scott-and-his-most-famous-pony-girl/

this should be a Bilge topic....

but Ernie's threads do deserve some derailing...

and now back to the
Kingstiedye Parking lot Sale at the Tonga Hut!

J

I'm driving 300 miles straight from Mammoth to the Tonga Hut !! (with a car load full of unwilling cranky tired snowboarders) :)

Will this still be going on at 8pm ? What time is the Hula Girls' last set ?

Also can we take cocktails out into the parking lot ? I didn't even know the TH had a parking lot. I guess that's why I can always find street parking right in front.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 11:21 AM

John-O. Yep, we'll still have the drinkers drinking at 8pm, but the parking lot artists and vendors will probably be packed up, and The Hula Girls will be done. We'll have Marty Lush DJing and probably Jeremy singing "Big Brown Nut". Maybe we can sneak a few tables into the Tonga Hut and continue some of the art sale. We'll see. We've never done this before, so we're making it up as we go.I don't think you can take drinks out into the parking lot.

On 2010-03-25 11:15, little lost tiki wrote:
and now back to the
Kingstiedye Parking lot Sale at the Tonga Hut!

You mean THE TONGA HUT PRESENTS FEZ-DAY AT KINGSTIEDYE PARKING LOT SALE FEATURING BUZZY WITH A PERFORMACE BY THE HULA GIRLS.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-25 11:37 ]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-25 11:29 ]

B

Come to show or else GROG send out goon squad!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

[ Edited by: Bowana 2010-03-25 19:55 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 7:37 PM

Nice flier, Bowana Dave, but you left off Mieko.

T

Kingstyedye's necklace looks like its made from Bat Guano to me . Did I win ????

B

:blush:
Bowana fix. Don't send Goon Squad!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 9:58 PM

speaking of necklaces, I just finished up a batch of my newest cast pendant and a limited amount will be available at the pqrking lot sale, so stop by pick one up!!

On 2010-03-25 19:56, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Kingstyedye's necklace looks like its made from Bat Guano to me . Did I win ????

sorry ray. you might be right, but you have to be the first to tell me at the show. however, if you wanna bribe me with one of your great tikis, that could probably be arranged.
kirby, the pendants are awesome. i especially like the gray with red trim. gotta get one to wear with my rhombus room pendant next wed.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-25 22:38 ]

On 2010-03-25 19:37, GROG wrote:
Nice flier, Bowana Dave, but you left off Mieko.

i fixxed it, grog.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 12:20 AM

It's going to be a nice, mostly sunny day in the mid 80s, so wear your sunscreen.

T

Great pendants Kirby . Your unique style is VERY cool . Does Jeremy know that you are stealing umbrella picks for your tiki nosebones ?

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 9:46 AM

ATTENTION TONGA HUT SHOPPERS!!!

My moving is your gain :)

This works out great for you...great timing and all that buslliht

Besides my usual selection of paintings for sale (or trade = hint to other vendors)

• I'll have a generous variety of mid-century coolness on tap. Cheap. Be sure to check it out!

See everyone Sunday afternoon. G

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 2:19 PM

GROG have a couple of hand-built mugs in the kiln bisque firing. Tomorrow GROG do glaze fire, and if all goes well, then GROG will have some Java Bobs, Moai Salt and Pepper Shakers, and a couple of hand-built Moai mugs. Right now GROG just waiting for bro-inlaw to call so GROG can pick up dremel to bore out holes in salt and pepper shakers so that GROG can get them glazed today. Something always happens that things end up coming right down to the wire to get finished in time!

T

I'm so bad about posting stuff, I just don't seem to have the time... but here's something I'll have on hand for the parking lot sale...

I've created a new framed vinyl tiki map. This time it's Rarotonga, "capitol" of the Cook Islands, complete with a tangaroa tiki. Map measures 11"x17".

It's the prize in my Great Rarotonga Raffle.
There are 50 tickets, and each ticket consists of a 4"x 6" numbered, hand-rubbed linoblock print of the map (suitable for framing!) and a 2" resin tangaroa face pendant. Tickets are 10.00 each.

So even if you don't win the map, you still get some fun art fer yer 10 bucks!

I'm working on lots of other stuff, but so far have not even had time to photograph anything else! I'll try to post more stuff soon!

See everybody on Sunday!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2010-03-27 23:07 ]

Grog,
save money and sunscreen and put on a Hat.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-03-26 00:20, GROG wrote:
It's going to be a nice, mostly sunny day in the mid 80s, so wear your sunscreen.

Do I have this right....The Hula Girls are an all Dude Band? If so, just wondering if they modeled their name after the "Bare Naked Ladies", not ladies, not naked. Hula Girls, not girls, no hula...

Okay back to shopping...I've been using coupons like mad, eating $1.69 Lean Cuisine dinners for the last 2 weeks for lunch, and broke open a piggy bank for more spending money for this. Get outta my way I've got stuff to buy! Bringing my "big" shopping bag!

Kirby the masks and the new pendants are way cool...Dibs on Grog's most "orangy" Java Bob! If you folks don't own a Bowana Hula Girl mug--you must! The detail is truly amazing.

See ya'll at the hut!

will Dr. Gene Scott be there?

Grog I sent you a PM .Interested in selling space.

Hey Kids!
I am REALLY looking forward to SUNDAY! :D
Right now I am high as a kite on liquid resin fumes from making awesome DRINK TRAYS featuring my COCONUT MONKEY paintings.
Come buy YOURS at the Tonga Hut tiki parking lot extravaganza THIS SUNDAY! Don't disappoint! I killed braincells for YOU! :wink:

In addition I will have ATOMIKITTY Art Prints, Bamboo-Framed Resin Prints, Pencil/Stash Boxes, Pendants, Magnets & Coasters!

But WAIT! There's MORE! . . .
I will also have a fine selection of Tiki and Mid-Century Collectibles for sale~ Including Bar ware, Jewelry & Awesome Vintage Clothing!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! . . .
For Sunday Only~ I have decided to offer YOU the opportunity to bring a fabulous Coconut Monkey into YOUR home!
My collection has outgrown my living space, so I have decided to bring a few monkeys from my collection to be adopted into tiki loving homes.
How does this work? ~ You buy an Atomikitty art piece, you get a *FREE MONKEY!
*While supplies last

I MUST be high on resin fumes to offer deals like this!
So swing by Crazy Suzy's table on Sunday to get your hands on these amazing deals.

Think I'll go lay down now. . .

B

...and don't come alone!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 220 replies