Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

kingstiedye garage sale sat. 3/20/10

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

HEY THIS IS A SALE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT MISS. BULLET IS READY TO PART WITH SOME OF HIS TIKI TREASURES. WE ARE HELPING HIM BUILD A TIKI SHOWPLACE WITHIN HIS HOME AND HE NEEDS SOME CASH FAST.

WITH HIS BUILDING PROJECT UNDERWAY WE ARE LETTING HIM HAVE THE SALE AT OUR HOME IN ELK GROVE, CALIFORNIA JUST 16 MILES SOUTH OF SACRAMENTO.

SO FAR WE HAVE PULLED OUT 9 BIG BOXES OF TIKIS AND HE'S STILL LOOKING FOR MORE TO BRING.

IT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY FROM NOON TO FOUR UNLESS THERE IS A CROWD BEGGING US TO STAY OPEN LONGER.

JUST IN CASE THERE IS A FAMILY CRISIS PLEASE CHECK THIS POST FOR A FINAL UPDATE FRIDAY NIGHT.

PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS AND I'LL GET IT RIGHT BACK TO YOU

YOU CAN FIND HIM AT THE DANLOVESTIKIS HOME ON SATURDAY!

AND THIS IS ONLY PHASE ONE OF THIS TERRIFIC PROJECT. BE A PART OF IT BY BRINGING CASH AND SPENDING IT ON BROOKS TIKIS. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-15 16:48 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Mar 15, 2010 4:55 PM

I'd so love to be there in person guys but you know - a few hundred miles between us keeps me in So. Cal.

Good Luck on the sale :)

I will be there for sure and I hope to see many, many more TCer's there to support Bullet.

Wendy, nice job so far and I hope Bullet knows how lucky is to have friends like you and Dan supporting him.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

PTD

J

Ahh, too bad it's in nor cal and not so cal. :(

duane, i certainly do know how lucky i am to have friends like dan and wendy. by my calculations, this project would have taken me 26.7 years to complete without their help. with their help, we should be done in a month or 2. just gotta raise some cash and talk to somebody who can get discounted building supplies. :) i'll have plenty of $5-20 mugs and some high end one of a kine stuff too. i figure at least 200 pieces! also, this is everybody's chance to see danlovestiki's incredible collection. a tour of the jungle room should be on everyone's bucket list.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-15 17:25 ]

Sounds great! I'll be there! I'll have some Islander bamboo with me if anyone wants some.

Oh Boy! I'll be there too!
Looking forward to it.
Maybe I can get some advice on finally getting my tiki room going as well.

Darilyn

CA

frigen Awesome!! al1 you guys!

I just can't wait to see everyone and to meet some new collectors as well. See you soon. Thank's Al

Islander Bamboo! Cool, Wendy

david and darilyn, i'm looking forward to meeting you. c'al, i sure wish you were coming. i need a crazy al fix soon. i did enjoy you and da king's o'brien's turned hawaiian! awesome!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-16 19:57 ]

T

I'll be there, in spirit

:D FAROUT B! :D

Hey Jonesey, if you come to the sale you can stay in the Buzzy Bedroom! Wendy

I am there in spirit for yah Bullet.If I was closer I would be there in a New York minute.
Props to Dan and Wendy ...you two are one of kind.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-03-17 18:31 ]

V

oh COME ON! Stupid vast Pacific! Wish I could check it out. I'm sure it will be historic. If you are planning on selling that little VanTiki Pickled head I call first dibbs!

Henrik

henrik, all the vantikis are staying put. i'm not gutting my collection, folks! just selling off what i'm no longer concentrating on. plenty of vintage and tiki farm along with some munktikis and geckos.
jordan, jonesEy and bill: thanks guys!

On 2010-03-17 14:33, 1961surf wrote:
Props to Dan and Wendy ...you two are one of kind.

lol! great quote! :)

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-17 14:59 ]

How fun....your place is gonna look killer Bullet. That Dan looks dangerous in scrubs and packn' a gun too!!!!

I am definitely gonna try to make it. I have a guy at my house on Saturday hanging wallpaper. He thinks he may be done around noon and if so, I will head on over. However, if he is here longer and I miss it, I will support the cause and do some dealing off line via Wendy.

Friends make the world go round...go Bullet...go Bullet...go Bullet!!!

buzzy called us the deadhead and the doctor, the next hgtv smash hit! i hope you can make it marlene. and i wish your murder mystery wasn't during the final four! as much as i dig tiki and the local ohana, i've been watching the final four since lew alcindor was in 'em!

No prob....I'll catch ya for the next partay!!! Oh yeah...that would be a good Home & Garden Show...I would watch. If nothing else to see how you are getting the little bubble to line up on the level. It would be waaaaaay crooked if I was doing it. Keep thos pictures coming...I love to watch the progress...pop em over in the Home Tiki Bar section. :)

You KNOW there is going to be some great stuff for sale! Wish I could go - best of luck with the sale!

Your room is looking good Bullet! The grizzley adams beard ROCKS! Can't wait to see what else you are going to do to your tiki space!

M

Wow, a chance to meet two of the ultimate Tiki Mug collectors in one place, with mugs for sale and a chance to tour Dan's Tiki room! I wish I was in CA. I'd make the drive. Maybe this summer I'll make it to Sac. to visit.

Good luck with the sale and the Construction. It's good to see collectors working together. Dan you and Wendy can come fix up my house next!

Aloha, Rob

Rob, I would love to come to Maui to build a tiki room, careful what you wish for! So far we are on track for the sale. We have been hauling boxes over here from Bullets. Double layer in our cruiser. Please bring your own bubble wrap and boxes we are reclaiming ours that we used to box up his tikis for the trip to our home.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone. Bullet and Sandy will be running their sale. We will tour those interested through our collection. See you soon, Wendy and Dan

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-19 08:37 ]

Wow, Looks like it is going to be awesome. I wish I was up north visiting my Aunt in Sonoma, I would have driven to your place and bought a few items. Hope to see more pics of your project.

What are you using in the middle of the walls, looks like tapa cloth design. Where did you get it? Looks great.

Hi, this is all Bullet's design. The two types of matting he wanted to use were not going to cover the wall. So he came up with tapa cloth that he cut into strips. It will all be edged in bamboo. We have just started that and it's taking a while. Bamboo is hard so we drill the holes and then screw it to the wall.

If you are coming to see your aunt in the future PM me and I'll see if I can set up a tour at our home and maybe Brooks too. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-19 08:38 ]

This sale is on, we have been unpacking boxes for three hours. It's a great mix of old, new and limited editions. Bullet will be here later today to price it all. I'll post photos later today. Wendy

ps to be fair if you arrive early you may have the tiki tour but the sale will begin for everyone at noon

T

On 2010-03-18 22:54, danlovestikis wrote:
Hi, this is all Bullet's design. The two types of matting he wanted to use were not going to cover the wall. So he came up with tapa cloth that he cut into strips. It will all be edged in bamboo. We have just started that and it's taking a while. Bamboo is hard so we drill the holes and then screw it to the wall.

If you are coming to see your aunt in the future PM me and I'll see if I can set up a tour at our home and maybe Brooks too. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-03-19 08:38 ]

Thanks for the infor and for the offer to view your work. My wife and I may just take you up on your kind offer.

When I started construction of my Home bar, "Tiki Nui", I got lots of tips from the staff at Oceanic Arts. I bought most of my material from them. Mike at OA told me when drilling Bamboo, always countersink the holes to prevent the Bamboo from splitting. You probably already knew that but I am just a novice but have learned a lot from people like you and Mike from OA.
Visit the Tiki Nui under new home bars.

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2010-03-19 13:26 ]

On that note, what I've learned from the Islander Bamboo is that the nails are usually put in right next to those hard parts that separate the various sections. Theses areas have wood that is stronger and will touch the wall and give it the support it needs so it wont split.

I started out putting up some trim in my tiki hut and put the holes in the middle of the sections and split several pieces before it donned on me where the original nail were put and why.

See you all tomorrow! :)

Thanks for the info on the bamboo, Bullet said he has cracked one and will counter sink from now on.

We are ready for tomorrow. Come one come all to Bullets Tiki Garage Sale. Noon to four pm.

These last two photos are for Grog or Unga Bunga to have fun with.

they're priced to sell, folks. bring your wallets.

You guys are killing me! I don't think I can drive fast enough to get there tomorrow!

oh yeah, there is some nice rat fink stuff too. wendy practically forced us to take the last 2 pics. she wanted us both on the bed at the same time, but we refused. not that there's anything wrong with that!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-03-19 19:23 ]

...and me stuck in portland, or! also, the stuff you are willing to part with, puts my collection to shame! i hope the sale is both successful and fun for you!

Noland

I think I am gonna fly over from Prague for the afternoon to not miss this one! (wish I could)

:o WoW! :o Coool tikistuf' to be had on da tables!! My essence travels through my braddah B, Dan & Wendy today and always... Have a GREAT sale and enjoy the fun!!! :D

Shoootz,
Jonesey

T

Good Luck with the sale. Let us know how you do.

This sale should be fun for everyone, a feeding frenzy!
See you all soon, Wendy

M

Wish I was there, Post photos!

Kudos to Wendy & Dan for hooking me up with a kewl decanter and colorful mug online. Sorry I couldn't make it over. The paperhanger just now left. Will get mula off in the mail. Thanks Bullet!!!!

Ooh fun! Thanks Dan & Wendy for hosting this great sale :) I had to post our fabulous new additions to the family!

The Vintage Westwood trio, $5 each!

Some Munktiki's to add to our collection:

And the rest...

This was my favorite though

Woody likes him too!!

Very reasonable prices too! Thanks again, that was fun. Plus we got to visit the famous Jungle Room museum again :)

This Bullet event was more a party than a sale. Getting together with old friends and new ones makes this the best Saturday ever. Here are some of the photos of the day. Bullet did sell enough to get going on the next phase of his tiki room so thank you everyone. The photos went on backwards so you see the end of the day first. Tiki Tours and the Buzzy Bedroom and then the sale. Cheers, Wendy

M

So where is the photo of the left overs?? I see several mugs I would have bought if I were there.
I see he sold one of my mugs, Which doesn't hurt my feelings because I know he bought two sets originally.

What a fantastic Tiki garage sale! I bought a lot of cool Tiki mugs, gave away some Islander Bamboo and got a tour of the most awesome Jungle Room and tiki collection I could ever imagine!

It was great meeting the Nor Cal TC Ohana and a big thanks to the hosts Dan and Wendy.

Good luck with the Tiki Lounge kingstiedye! :)

T

Wow, what an event. Glad you sold lots. If you have some leftovers that you want to sell, let me know and I can send up some bucks.

Here are the goodies I got.

Decanter to go with my Egyptian decor in the Master Suite. The camel is a limited bicentennial edition 1776 to 1976 for the Shriner's. The pink
mug is by Gecko and was made pink for a special occasion, only a few
made.

It was so good to see everyone at the garage sale. Looks like from the pictures I missed a few people.
I picked up some great additions to my collection. As always it was wonderful to visit the Jungle room. Brian was extremely impressed. I hope to see you all again soon.

Darilyn

that was fun! can we do it again next weekend? this is the second time sandy and i have sold off tiki overflow. the other time was forbidden island's parking lot sale with hundreds of peopo. so at first i was a little surprised to not see more folks turn out. but what do i know? it seemed like everybody who did show up found pieces they wanted at fair prices. unlike most garage sales, nobody attempted to haggle me down, though i tried to pass out a few discounts for multiple purchases. i tried to ask a little less than ebay prices plus no shipping equals everybody wins! i made more than my goal yesterday, so it's full speed ahead on "the pupule hut". i made alot more than at f.i. with alot less buyers, so thanks for coming up big, peopo! also, i have tons left for the f.i. parking lot sale this year!
it was great to see out-of-towners like rum runner, coco and mai tai, and miss monk-ii & j rolling in. thanks for coming down and spending money. and tikitastic buying by phone was great. thanks mark!
more mahaloz to the sactown and valley ohana for turning out strong. thanks for buying a bunch of things and your support. ptd & amy, chief sean, brenda, tackytiki, audrey, wswahine, matt, steve, laura, liddlelola, the 2 dr. brians, and the young dr. brian's wife. i'm sorry i already forgot our name. vamp, thanks for your absentee purchase.
big thanks to abstracttiki for the awesome chunk of islander bamboo. great to meet you, david, and thanks for buying stuff too.
a million mahaloz is probably not enough for dan and wendy. without them i'd still be lying on the couch.
i hope i remembered everyone.

Echoing what Bullet said...

Ami and I arrived at around ten minutes before the sale and we were really surprised to only see 1 car parked in front of Dan and Wendy's (surprised and kind of happy we didn't have to fight a huge crowd).

Matt and Melody were the first ones there and a few more arrivals before noon (Brenda, Tacky Tiki and mom, Ms. Monkey and hubby) and no Bullet! Wendy makes an executive decision and opens the doors at 12:00 (maybe a couple of seconds early) and away we all go. Each of us scurry around to see everything out for sale. Piles begin to take form in the outer areas of the garage and soon more peeps begin to appear. Minutes later Bullet arrives and the sale is in full swing.

The sale was set up quite well and everything was priced, making it easier to shop without wondering how much. I only heard one crashing sound of breaking glass, one casuality sacrificed during the shopping frenzy. Great selection of items across the board, vintage and contemporary and reasonably priced, not too low and not too high. Bullet cut me a good deal and I was very happy for the opportunity to be able to purchase items from such an amazing collector.

Not enough thanks can be extended to Dan and Wendy. It is always great to see them and see their collection, they are great hosts. Supplies of water and treats were appreciated.

Good to see some new faces and great to see the many friends we have made along the way.

The extent of my purchases, which I will post individually in Tiki Finds!

Thanks again Bullet and especially Dan and Wendy!

PTD

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 21, 2010 3:32 PM

GROG got all of these from Kingstiedye this weekend. He tell GROG they are all one of a kind Munktiki and Gecko mugs. They are made special because they are plastic and will not break in earthquakes, which makes them more expensive. Only $1,500 for the whole lot!! What a steal. Thanks Kingstiedye, you're the best.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: grog 2010-03-22 01:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 58 replies