Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Ceramics by J. Velour (new stuff pg 4)

Pages: 1 2 73 replies

Here's a pic of the Drunken Hat's bowl with the tiki supports under the bowl.

Arrrr!

Here's an older bowl that I added gold to.

Volcano!

[ Edited by: johnnievelour 2006-03-30 20:28 ]

great work johnnie!

Nice!!

B

Here are some bad pics of a great bowl... given as a wedding present to myself and my wahine from TikiHula and Mrs. TikiHula... I will eventually take better pics, but this is one incredible bowl... and the lovely blond is now Mrs. Blowfish, and then of course you know the other usual suspects.

Pics of TikiHula making a drink, the bowl, and our group drink... Mahalo!

This one is now mine and gracing the top shelf of my collection!! Thanks Johnnie and Lady Velour!

Johnny, johnny!!!! come out of hiding and show these peeps your beautiful work! This is TOP quality work - they are absolutly gorgeous!!! and he's such a modest guy about it all too... "yeah, I make bowls"...

I really want a blood bowl from you...but that pirate bottle is the FOSHIZNIT!!!!! is it still available???? how much????

Great score blowfishies and chongo - I was eyeing that one too!

On 2006-08-16 13:53, Blowfish wrote:
Here are some bad pics of a great bowl... given as a wedding present to myself and my wahine from TikiHula and Mrs. TikiHula... I will eventually take better pics, but this is one incredible bowl... and the lovely blond is now Mrs. Blowfish, and then of course you know the other usual suspects.

Pics of TikiHula making a drink, the bowl, and our group drink... Mahalo!

Here's another detail of the bowl with out drink.

This is another non-tiki bowl. The glaze turned out great.

I really want a blood bowl from you...but that pirate bottle is the FOSHIZNIT!!!!! is it still available???? how much????

Sorry Polynesiac. That bottle is at the Pug's Place. Lucky for you, I have been working on 3 more of them.

JV

Johnnie V. Rulez!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-08-17 22:40 ]

Really great works- That Pirate Bottle is KILLER!!

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 7:38 PM

Beautiful work, I love your glazes.

Some new tiki bowls!

Here's a bowl I made for Kirby.

SsweeetT glaze workz JohnnieV...earthy, tribal and archaic look to them. I bet they have a little heft to'em? Nice!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

K

im gettin busy i promise.. love your stuff dude...

P

These are just beautiful, restrained without going overboard on the colours.

JV makes some great stuff.

Mrs. Fury's

Mine

Anything ready for the holidays?

Mr. Velour,
A little bird told me you won a bunch of ribbons for your ceramics at the LA County Fair...BIG CONGRATULATIONS! Glad to see you getting some recognition!!

Great Work Johhny! Lookin forward to seeing your beautiful creations on Saturday at the Tonga Hut! :D

Johnny V. Rocks!!! Congrats on the awards!!

C

Really amazing ceramics! congrats! I love specially the little toxic bottle!! Very nice!

On 2007-09-25 08:05, UtopianDreem wrote:
Mr. Velour,
A little bird told me you won a bunch of ribbons for your ceramics at the LA County Fair...BIG CONGRATULATIONS! Glad to see you getting some recognition!!

Yep. I entered 5 pieces and won 5 ribbons.

First Place bowl

First place skull bottle

Second place tiki blood bowl

Third place puffer

Third place Tapa bowl

T

I checked out all of your prize winning pottery at the fair on Sunday. Great stuff. Plus, I tried the deep fried avocado.

I couldn't be happier with the bowl I bought Saturday night. It's beautiful.

Those all rank first place in my book! In fact, I'm pulishing a who's who in the world of ceramics and am proud to inform you that through your great talents and efforts have been selected for inclusion. Please mail $59.95 for your beautiful naugahyde-bound 1st edition of this book. I know you're proud of the work you do and will want to share this lovely tribute with friends and family, so please mail an additional $59.95 for each gift volume. Congratulations, Johnnie Velour for being among the elite artists to be selected for inclusion in what will become a treasured family heirloom.

-Weird Unc

T

Big CONGRATS Velourman! We love our volcano bowls and look forward to meeting up with you again - saw your lovely wife at Oasis, but never ran into you :(

mahalo

Congrats! Your work is really tight and the attention to detail is obvious. As others have said, I love the vintage look to your work and the original glazes.
Best of luck with future creations!

Jvelour is the man!!! congrats on the awards - you deserve 'em.

Hey, what's new over in Johnnie Velour-land?

Pages: 1 2 73 replies